• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What do you think the new "Dragonite" spot is going to be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    If it learns it early it sort of does mean it is going to be a fighting type.

Not nessesarly true, charizard learns shadow claw and dragon claw at lvl 1, and it is obvoisly neither ghost or dragon typed. almost every pokemon learns all most all normal moves early on, and their arent a million normal types running around.

and just because it looks imposing/intimidating, also doesnt mean its the gen 5 pseudo legaendary. it looks cool, and i hope its strong, but lets just wait until we get more info here. remember these are speculation threads based on a single coro coro image or short video clip

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    Why would it randomly learn a fighting type move? That hardly ever happens for other pokemon.
    I sure hope you're kidding, right? Wartortle learns Bite and Iron Defense. Last I checked, Wartortle isn't dark-type or steel-type.

Nidoking learns Peck, Megahorn and Double Kick. He's not flying, bug or fighting.

Please, learn your crap before you speculate.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
    I sure hope you're kidding, right? Wartortle learns Bite and Iron Defense. Last I checked, Wartortle isn't dark-type or steel-type.

Nidoking learns Peck, Megahorn and Double Kick. He's not flying, bug or fighting.

and please respect people.

I said it doesn't usually happen. That doesn't mean it happens all the time.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Weaknesses:
    Dragon/Steel
    - 2x Ground
    - 2x Fighting

I'm feeling this. Minimal weaknesses but weak to common types, balanced enough to make for a good OU Pokemon.

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    I hope its Steel/Dragon because I love Steel and want more of them... (Grass/Steel someone plz) but it seems dual types are few in this region... It might be plain Dragon type we have a Steel/Dragon in Dialgay but he is legendary...

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    I think he is a dragon type,just by the way he looks. Yes that is fan art,but it is very close in matching. Just go look at the mole's fan art next to Onono. It is almost 100% correct.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Kibago, Ononokusu's pre-vo has an attack called "Double Chop". Kibago itself is a pure dragon, but this sounds like a fighting move.
    And that Kibago picture makes it look like its eating some kind of baguette

its because they FEATURED the move, in a magazine...
    You don't see shots of Wartortle using bite or iron defense, its usually spraying water.
    No one would have an ad saying "Everybody get the amazing Biting Wartortle and Pecking Nidoran" it would make no sense so they keep it on the DL.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2015
    With that badass look and the ability mold breaker, I already have the feeling its going to be uber.

Great design though.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    You don't see shots of Wartortle using bite or iron defense, its usually spraying water.
    No one would have an ad saying "Everybody get the amazing Biting Wartortle and Pecking Nidoran" it would make no sense so they keep it on the DL.
    Is Pikachu steel-type? No. Does it use Iron Tail? Yes.

And I don't even understand how what you're saying has any relevance to what I said. It really doesn't matter what they say, what matters is that they can learn moves different to their type.

I thought you'd have read my post before you tried to start an argument?

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Is Pikachu steel-type? No. Does it use Iron Tail? Yes.

And I don't even understand how what you're saying has any relevance to what I said. It really doesn't matter what they say, what matters is that they can learn moves different to their type.

I thought you'd have read my post before you tried to start an argument?

What he's saying is in magazines, showing a new pokémon, why would they show a dragon type to have a *new* fighting type move rather than a fighting type instead? Generally Pokémon are shown using 'signature' moves.

Therefore it is likely that Kibago becomes part fighting type.

Also it's evolution has plated armour, which is either relating to a steel type or a warrior in armour (aka, Fighting).

Calder

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    Kibago, Ononokusu's pre-vo has an attack called "Double Chop". Kibago itself is a pure dragon, but this sounds like a fighting move.
    And that Kibago picture makes it look like its eating some kind of baguette

What? I think your confused... Kibago's "baguette" are the fangs of Kiba (Fangs) Go (Gouge) and Wartortle can use Bite because he can actually Bite... Nidoran can Peck because it has the horn to do so... Pikachu can use Iron Tail because he has a tail and can use it as such...

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    What he's saying is in magazines, showing a new pokémon, why would they show a dragon type to have a *new* fighting type move rather than a fighting type instead? Generally Pokémon are shown using 'signature' moves.

Therefore it is likely that Kibago becomes part fighting type.

Also it's evolution has plated armour, which is either relating to a steel type or a warrior in armour (aka, Fighting).
    Ah, I see. What magazine is this?

And I doubt it would represent a warrior in armour.

IceFireLighnting

but personally I'm hoping for Dragon/Ice. =D

I'm with Waffle-San; I like Ice, I like Dragon, and (I'm gonna get off topic here) if there were both types of Eeveeloutions I would put them on my team.

DRAGON/ICE ALL THE WAY!

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    What? I think your confused... Kibago's "baguette" are the fangs of Kiba (Fangs) Go (Gouge) and Wartortle can use Bite because he can actually Bite... Nidoran can Peck because it has the horn to do so... Pikachu can use Iron Tail because he has a tail and can use it as such...

Ya, I was kidding about the baguette, sort of. I have a picture of Kibago on my avatar, I know what he looks like

@Guillermo

I did read your post and obviously you did not read mine. I made a slightly different point. I know pokemon learn different type moves, like the flamethrower skuntank. But what I'm saying is that they INTRODUCED it knowing a fighting type move, kind of like saying that's its signature move. Kibago can probably learn Hyper Beam and other things like that later, but the first confirmed for Kibago is fighting type, which is classic nintendo to drop a hint like that. Take your ADD pills next time.

Calder

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    personally, I think a fighting/dragon type would be really cool. they could even take out the dragon part and it would be sweet

Thats what Kibago is gonna be according to rumors and fandom... Kibago is most likely the Dratini of this Generation

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back