• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What does your username mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazukii

Banned
Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2009
    "The Name Zenus is a boy's name. The origin of the baby name Zenus is Greek with the meaning(s) depending on Gender/Origin being"

Conman

Knowledgeable Ignorance
    Years
  • My name has a simple meaning behind it, I have no problem with lying to others if needed and I enjoy tricking others.

con man: a swindler who exploits the confidence of his victim

Years
  • I work in a bar where we have this till system in which you press and number and then sign in before you take an order. I always go for "3".

"Operator 3 is signed in".

And that's how I got it.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • It's derived from my old username, "tmbjr", which in turn was simply my initials with the suffix jr. at the end. During my absence from PC, some guy at GameFAQS told me to change my name because nobody knew how to pronounce it, so I added random vowels to it and kept it. :P

The Scientist

PKMN Scientist/Mathemagician
    Years
  • Usernames here seem to fall into one of three categories:

1) Alteration of IRL name
    2) Some random Japanese word/anime character name
    3) Reference to Greek/Roman mythology

ThornPython4

Team Popplio
    Years
  • My username I combined from Thorn and Python... I chose Thorn because he is my favorite character in the Eragon book series and he is a dragon. Python is because I love snakes and I own 2 pythons at home. The 4 is for my fav. number :D.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    Jack O'Neill is a fictional character in the Stargate film and television series. I just decided to take his name for my own.

Years
  • I chose SeaSquirt because it's an animal with a symbolic meaning for me. They're a primitive vertebrate that starts in a free-swimming larval stage with a simple spine and brain. When they mature, they attach themselves to a rock and don't need their brain anymore, so they digest it. It's a reminder as I get older to never attach myself to a rock and eat my own brain. Metaphorically or literally, I guess.

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2010
    Obviously, my name just means "Death". The period was added because Death was already taken. The name came from my current obsession with the anime Death Note.

Ayselipera

My username probably has the most boring meaning but anyways...

Autumn is my name so I threw it in there because I couldn't think of anything. The 27 is just there because Autumn was taken and so was Autumn7 and Autumn77 so I added the 2.

I plan to change it to something better, hopefully.

幕之内 一歩

<b><font color=
    Years
  • Had a few people ask me about mine. It's the name of Makunouchi Ippo in kanji (not the same as katakana), Japans Featherweight Champion from the anime Hajime no Ippo.

zevarius kerensky

i bid my timberwolf in defiance of yer claim!
    Years
  • my username has 3 meanings:

1: i am intrested in aura, and im able 2 sence it... 2 a drgree
    2: i am obsesed w/ lucario
    3: i am from lucaria/ related 2 a lucario

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    Mine's a combination of two words, obviously.

Blazing - I thought it sounded cool with Gliscor

Gliscor - wanted to change to its English name instead

There's a funny story as to why I chose it.....

Cid

Years
  • My current username is random.
    I originally wanted Eni (which was the nickname that Ryan called me and took from my first username, EnirevTux), but it was already taken, so I added what I can think of at the moment, which was -shi (which unintentionally, means "death" in Japanese if I remember correctly).

Enishi is also the name of a character in Rurouni Kenshin (Samurai X), so yeah, it's not entirely random I guess.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Abercrombie is of course a name taken from the clothing branch Abercrombie & Fitch. I chose it due to my obsession with Abercrombie & Fitch. Originally, three of us were going to all change our usernames to match them all: one of us would be Abercrombie (me), one of us would be &, and one of us would be Fitch. But then I decided not to do it since I wanted to go back to my previous username, which has no meaning, of Patchisou Yutohru. Abercrombie itself was a cofounder of the casual luxary clothing line.

My next username is a combination of my two current favorite bands, Meese and Muse with an S added to the beginning of it for the hell of it, I guess.

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    My name is a reference to my love of music.
    The blue is a prefix i add to almost every single one of my usernames on other sites as a reference to my personality according to my siggy

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back