• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What item will come with the games? (If any)

.Missingno

Viridian City Gym Leader
Years
  • 6e1zqb.jpg

This does seem to be a Theme with the rereleases. With FR/LG we got the Wireless Adapter, with HG/SS we recieved the Pokewalker, what do you all think we might get with OR/AS or do you think they will stop the trend??​

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I'm 99.9% sure the trend is over, because people who go digital won't get the peripheral device.
    Who knows, it could be a bonus for those who get the physical copy. There are 3DS games whose physical copies come with some special stuff still even though they have a digital copy. It'll be similar to pre-ordering in a way.

Maybe they'll come with an Amiibo and a device to hook up to the 3DS to read it. Recently the 3/2 DS got an update 8.0 irc but it's simply a stability update while most that go up a whole number have something big, it may be a preparation to add Amiibo to the 3DS in the coming months.

Years
  • I can't see a physical add-on being included (though an Amiibo would be cute); however, I could see a digital one. For those who purchase a copy of OR or AS either physically or digitally, they'll get a key or QR Code that'll let them download the app. on their 3DS. I could see it maybe being like the Dream Radar, where you'll be able to find exclusive Pokemon and maybe even items.

Years
  • Maybe it'll be something small like a figurine shaped like your mascot. Those who pre-order could get both even if they only order one of the version as their bonus. Those who pre-order both could get pouches too.
    As for those who get a digital copy...maybe a Pikachu with surf to download?

Years
  • I'm 99.9% sure the trend is over, because people who go digital won't get the peripheral device.
    Nintendo could offer a voucher for digital downloaders to receive a copy of said device by mail as well. A lot of corporations and companies do that, especially if you do electronic business with them.

Then again, the trend of the female character changing was ended when May was announced. So there's another ending trend to speculate about.

Years
  • Unfortunately Kris was one of those things, well person in this case, that wasn't added to the remakes that came from the third version (and Leaf didn't make the cut in the originals, if so Red may never had been in GSC). We have seen a lot of examples of things from Emerald missing in these too...

Anyways back on topic, I would like to see some device that Nintendo is thinking of using in the future. That's why I suggested an Amiibo. It'll be similar to the story behind why FRLG got the wireless adapter, which at the time Nintendo was thinking of using for future games (ended up being built in for the DS and beyond too).

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • I honestly doubt it'll be something useful if there is one. The 3DS has StreetPass, enhanced wireless functionalities and more. Plus it'll be highly disadvantageous for people purchasing digital copies.

My answer would either be none, or something useless like stickers or something.

Princess Diana

the people's princess
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    I don't think we'll get anything aside from the store exclusive items. It's a shame. :(

Years
  • an amiibo would be awesome. Sadly that won't happen since the amiibo system for the 3ds won't be out until sometime in 2015. Why would we get something we can't use:(

What I would like to see come with them is a mega bracelet with a replica keystone inside of it. Maybe make the stone and a stone holding apparatus be able to separate from the bracelet so you can accessorize with it however you want.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • A miniature trumpet ofc.

Nah I'm half and half with this one that we will receive some sort of exclusive item. Since we did the the past two sets of remakes, FRLG & HGSS it would make you think that they would follow that trends. On the other hand digital downloads are on the increase, so I'm not entirely sure about this one as much as I would love for this to happen!

Years
  • Haha, some of the replies are funny. I think that is good on you for noticing the pattern. I never though about that. Even though there is the option for a digital download, it doesn't mean they won't give some kind of item with this game! I am interested to see what will happen. I intend to preorder AlphaSapphire

Back