• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What OS do you use?

Years
  • I use win7 on my high end desktop, but whenever i repair older computers for neihbors friends or family i usually put ubuntu on because older computers seem to handle long term use with it better.

I don't know, Ubuntu is pretty bloated now. Fedora after having added the proprietary codecs, etc might be a better option. Stick with Gnome 2, though. Fedora's a little lighter and more locked down if you're not the Root, that's all.

GlaceonX

-Glomps- Hii everybody
    Years
  • Windows 8 Build 7989 M3 64bit on my desktop (I love leaks) the surprises that are coming to Windows 8 are gonna be AWESOME!

Windows 7 ARC Gamer 2011 on my lappy

dragpyre

The Brother's Fight For Hell
    Years
  • I'm currently using Mozilla, even thought I'm thinking about changing to Google Chrome.

This thread is about Operating Systems, not browsers (I suggest you stick with Firefox though, Chrome has crappy Flash support and they monitor your browsing, just look in their Terms and Conditions.)

I use Windows XP on a desktop, and on a laptop, a dual-boot of Windows 7 Ultimate 32 Bit and Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat. But I prefer Windows 7 above all.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    Over the years I have had Windows 98, Windows XP and Windows 7. But for now I current have Windows 7 on my PC (32 bit Professional Edition) and on my laptop (64 bit Home Edition).

Raven-NAR-32450

The Great and Powerful RAVEN
    Years
  • Both my desktop and my laptop run Windows 7 Ultimate, but the desktop runs the 32 bit version and the laptop runs the 64 bit version.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
  • Windows Seven (Awesome)
    Mac OS X Lion (Sucks)
    Ubuntu (It's decent)

I have all of those on partitions. o3o

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Mac OS X Lion. I like it so far. The revamped scrolling took a while to get used to, but now I don't know how I scrolled without it! Most of the other new stuff I haven't really used as of yet, but I will do in time, hopefully.

Guest123_x1

Windows XP Home Edition on my primary desktop, and Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit on my laptop.
    I'm hoping to get a new desktop computer sometime soon (with Windows 7).
    I have two other desktop machines, the oldest one I have running Windows 95 OSR2, and another that I experiment with has a multiboot configuration with Puppy Linux 4.2.1, Windows 98, Windows 2000, and Windows XP Home.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2011
    I have an external hard drive with Windows 7, and XP, and an Ubuntu 10.4 Linux.

I use windows 7 the most but linux is nice to.

Years
  • Right now I'm using Windows XP on my desktop. I'm planning on getting a laptop within the next 6 months or so, and that will most likely running Windows 7. I do have an old computer that ran Windows 3.1 somewhere in my basement, but I think that stopped working a long time ago.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2022
    I used to use the Windows platform , went from XP and jumped to 7 , but I now solely use my Macbook Pro with Lion. While I cannot print on my Mac, I might just put 7 for a dual-boot with Lion so I can do so .

I moved just because the Mac platform is more suited for the creative software than the Windows platform and for their quality and service.

Unlike some who are Mactards , I don't really care what system people use because it only really is based on your preference but for any recommendations, I would say get a Mac Mini or Macbook Air and dualboot it, because there is hardly any rom hacking software that is on the Mac much less on Lion. But nonetheless, the App Store for it is superb and artists and people who have an iPad/iPod will love this platform since the update is making them more in sync. Besides that, it really has no distinct difference with a slight learning curve .

But for cost , make sure you have geeky friends who can supe up your computer or make dual-booting with a mac.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • I'm using Windows Vista at the moment. Most of my computers have that, so... yeah.

Ziraider

ಠ_ಠ Get Down with the Pokemon.
    Years
  • I use Windows 7 Ultimate on my laptop's and desktop, but I also have a partition on my desktop with Ubuntu. I never really liked Mac PC's and other Mac products.

funrush

How's it going?
    Years
  • At the moment I am using Windows Vista. I don't understand why so many people hate it so much. It's been working fine for me for a few years now.

Back