• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What People do in Forums that You Hate

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Also I hate it when people have avatars that I just hate and annoy me.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • Mostly, just people who don't understand how forums work overall. That's not to say that I hate new members at all...I'll always help out a new member or something like that and don't look down on them if they don't know how things work here. I'm talking about people who have been here for more than a year and still don't know the rules of particular forums or the community overall. It's a lot of common sense stuff, and yet people still don't get it. It just goes to show that post count and join date and all that stuff don't matter that much....what matters is the person sitting in front of the computer.

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Mostly, just people who don't understand how forums work overall. That's not to say that I hate new members at all...I'll always help out a new member or something like that and don't look down on them if they don't know how things work here. I'm talking about people who have been here for more than a year and still don't know the rules of particular forumsor the community overall. It's a lot of common sense stuff, and yet people still don't get it. It just goes to show that post count and join date and all that stuff don't matter that much....what matters is the person sitting in front of the computer.
    Thats not actually that bad, if its just a particular forum.

I've been here nearly..half a year(?), and I barely know the rules of the S&M section, D/P/P and so on.

So unless that person browses all the forums, then it's ok to me.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • Thats not actually that bad, if its just a particular forum.

I've been here nearly..half a year(?), and I barely know the rules of the S&M section, D/P/P and so on.

So unless that person browses all the forums, then it's ok to me.

It's only bad if people are very active there, not if they're new there and learning the ropes =P

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    It's only bad if people are very active there, not if they're new there and learning the ropes =P
    I did state the almost shortened version of that at the end of my post, but point taken.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    1. I hate people who pretend to type fast and get all their words wrong.
    2. I hate people who have no knowledge of grammar, rendering their posts illegible.
    3. I hate people who flame others who are trying to get help.
    4. And I have a strong dislike for people who make threads for others to vent their anger out on anything. It promotes an atmosphere of negativity and hate. Still, though, they're kind of helpful...I tend to ironically enjoy them.

My list of things I hate about forums (which I will regret making later).

Years
  • People who beat me in other trivia. I'm looking at you Nica, Went, Josephine etc.

It doesnt happen much on this forum but people who just quote someone else and say "This" or nothing at all.

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    It's so annoying when someone starts a debate forum and curses everyone out who disagrees with them. What's the point of starting it in the first place?

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
  • I hate it when people would do n00b talk when quoting someone. Y'know, like use a little of leet and chat speak, something like "0mg liek pc sux lawl f u!!!11." Why would anyone do that? It's like you're trying to make yourself smarter by merely denoting the quoted's grammar skills. If it's a joke, it's not funny. It's annoying.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Bad trolls. People who know how to troll and are good at it are often entertaining, but when someone comes along who thinks that good trolling means spamming the hell out of a forum, one can't be blamed for losing faith in the human race.

Years
  • Text speak.

It arose because of the restrictions placed on text messages; in the early days one might have to pay per character, and as time went on one would still have to pay more for extra messages (if one goes over the character limit, one has to send two messages, as it were). However, you're on the Internet. You're not paying per character, word or sentence. You're paying a fixed rate per month, or you're paying per byte of data transmitted, but a few extra letters is hardly going to blow the bank. So type out your words fully, so the rest of us don't have to decipher what you've posted.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    l33t/text/chat speak, whatever you want to call it. I hate it.

Also topics like "OmG plez help meh I have teh worst life ever =(" and clearly overexagerate how upset and angry they are.
    2 recent ones here in other chat, one topic about some kid getting his ipod nicked and asking for advice... it's just an ipod and it's your fault anyway...
    A member on another forum I go too has just had to experience his dad committing suicide, he is only 13 years old and felt no need to post a self pitying topic, he just posted in the AFK section saying he had to go to his dads funeral; no angry 30 paragraph post about how life sucks and how he wants to destroy the world and that it's George Bush's fault.

Another thread that I have just seen "Person A likes Person B, who likes Person C, who likes B back. Person D likes Person C. Persons B and C are dating."

Now the profile dosn't say the age of the thread starter but guaranteed she will be about 12-14, she dosn't know the meaning of love, a boyfriend at that age is just some guy who maybe will buy you a packet of sweets from the corner shop. Then she thinks she is heartbroken and is apparently devastated. Live your life for goodness sake your only that age once...

Another thing; members that flame and are generally horrible but are smart enough to get away with it and border just along the line of being banned. I can think of only a few members like that here but I was once a member on a forum that had about 99% of the members as pure flamers, even one of the co-admins would tell someone who disagreed with him to GTFO and would ban any member who didn't agree with him.

Last edited:

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
  • ^^Pretty much what all you guys have said. I hate it when people get mad over the most insignificant thing, then go and make a huge deal about it. For crying out loud, if you're offended, then leave the topic and tell a mod or something!! No one else wants to hear read your complaints!!

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Anyone logging on to the internet

I don't really hate when people Spam, I just simply find it annoying and I report it.

If someone posts an extremely noobish thread, I'll just explain to them what they are doing wrong and answer their stupid question. Maybe un-rep them if they have horrible grammar, like I did a few weeks ago.

If someone posts lewd stuff, save it then report it.

Years
  • 1. People who don't use at least passable spelling and grammar. You don't have to be a scholar but dOnT tYp LyK tHiS or I will have a stroke.

2. Mini mods who jump on people the moment they make a mistake. It discourages new members from posting because god forbid they post the wrong thing, they are going to be harassed for it.

Japanophiles on forums also irritate me a lot D: ^___^ =^.^= and ^0^ should only be used in moderation scarcity. "Kawaii" and "baka" should never be used at all.

I completely agree. No matter how much you love Japanese culture, you can say "kawaii" a million times and you still aren't going to magically turn Japanese so please spare us.

Years
  • i cannot stand people who type in short hand. but what is worse is when in real life people say 'lol'.

Also, people who spam threads with one word like 'thanks'. its nice but annoying.

Back