• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What Pokemon Did You Start With?

What Pokemon Did You Start With?

• Piplup

Votes: 210 41.7%
  • Chimchar

Votes: 156 31.0%
  • Turtwig

Votes: 137 27.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Ukiuki

Fight me if you dare.
Years
  • I got a turtwig,But me and my brother did some tradeing and I got turtwig and chimchar, I have always been a fan off the grass pkmn, turtwig chimchar helped me alot during the game but the retired from my team, there not ev trained.

Idle.

Seriously.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2008
    I started with Chimchar but I have no knowledge of where it is >< It must be in one of my boxes or maybe I traded it :S

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2010
    I started with Chimchar but if I had known what Piplup evolved into at that point I would have chosen Piplup (I love penguins).

Rattricks

Brawler
    Years
  • The woot defense

Piplup is the best starter for the begining. Chimchar is the best for the end. Turtwig is best all around.

Piplup is good for the start because of its defense and special attack and its resistances are phenomenal. Chimchar is best in the end for it has many weaknesses but many strengths as well and its speed attack and special attack are good. It also learns many great varying attacks. Turtwig is ok for both start and finish, but it also has the least strengths and the most weaknesses. It has high attack HP and defence and decent special defense.

I chose piplup becouse its a penguin!!!

Oh, the stats and stuff are only when there fully evolved.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I used Chimchar and Piplup from the start. My brother and I did some trading so we each had two starters. I felt Empoleon did the best in the E4, since he resists Bertha's Sandstorm, a lot of poison from Aaron, and is super effective against half of Flint's team. Infernape didn't last long and only was helpful against pokemon he could OHKO. He's still a beast though.

Torterra was only easy to use in my Pearl because of his massive HP that allows him to use Wood Hammer many times without dying.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back