• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What Pokemon Did You Start With?

What Pokemon Did You Start With?

• Piplup

Votes: 210 41.7%
  • Chimchar

Votes: 156 31.0%
  • Turtwig

Votes: 137 27.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkrai_Of_Solitude

He haunts your dreams.........
Years
  • Chimchar was my little baby through thick and thin but this time around in my sinnoh adventure i remembered how hard it was to beat the elite four when i had a level 60 infernape and the rest of my pokemon were in the twenties so i trained so hard this time my eyes bled from squinting at the little screen. XD

Majay-hi

Fey Hound(Vampire Hunter)
    Years
  • I started off with chimchar cuz I always start off with the fire type and who could blame me with pokemon like Typhlosion, Charzard,and Blaziken in the past. I had high hopes 4 chimchar but i was wrong, chimchar was kinda pathetic even as an infernape. Personaly the only starter that is any good in D/P was turtwig.

AnimeLoverBebe

Manaphy Lover!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2008
    I chose Piplup. Why? Dawn has a Piplup and I like pokemon contests and she uses it! Yes,its a weird reason....

kickerbox

How's my driving?
    Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2008
    i chose piplup by "accident". i thought there was going to be a dragon guy in the elite four but i was wrong. and i thought empoleons moveset he learned was pretty small.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • I chose Chimchar only because I was able to avoid going to the lake first and some how use pal park. The man let me in and I caught Bulbasaur and Totadile. Honestly, no cheats! It was really wierd because I always try to go in grass first time and this time it let me in the grass. So thats why I chose Chimchar which I nicknamed Chimp lol!! All of my pokemon are stage 2 now and I have been playing this for almost three months (yes, I like to make sure that I have done and got everything before moving on. I am also a girl called Jessica, you cant beat the name for coolness in a contest!

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2008
    Chimchar since I like Fire pokemon and I usually can't find a decent fire type to fit my needs throughout the game.

Years
  • it would be good if you could catch bulbasaur,charmandar,squirtle without pal park

Then they wouldn't make as much money... It makes people buy Fire Red and Leaf Green if they don't have friends with the games already. Also, you can get them at GTS if you have Wi-Fi.

It's also a pattern among all Pokemon games! They're meant to require social interaction for completion; a selling point for both parents and children. Remember, although intelligent people like you and I may enjoy a good video game as well, these games were originally marketed to young children. With the emergence of Diamond and Pearl, they really switched they've broadened their scope to include an older audience, but they're not going to intentionally lose a large section of the market.

Ahem... I started with Piplup ;).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back