• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Pokemon names have you always pronounced wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honest Eyes

If A Girl Wants To Dance...
Years
  • Eevee, I always thought it was ehv-ee instead of ee-vee, I know stupid, but I was like 5, so sue me. :P

Ciervo Volante

Say WHAAAT?
    Years
  • I just found out a few weeks ago that I've been pronouncing Dialga wrong. Apparently, it's pronounced, "die-ALL-guh" I pronounced it, "DEE-al-guh"

And Buizel. XP I pronounced it "boo-EE-sel" I have NO idea why.

I'm sure there are probably more, since I'm not entirely sure of the official pronunciations of most of the names. ._.

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2017
    Before I started saying it correctly, Suicune sounded like a bit like suicide.

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
  • Let's see...

1. Kyogre - kyo-ger (Yes, I still do it)
    2. Suicine - Su-i-sin
    3. Rayquaza - Ray-quah-zaaaaaaa
    4. Girafirag - Gira-fig
    5. Aron - Air-on/Aaron, for the matter
    6. Chimecho - Chim-eee-ko
    7. Piloswine - Pi-low-swine

That's all I can think of.
    How do you pronouce Gyrados?

raging lion

Veteran Player
    Years
  • I was very small when I saw a Charizard. It looked like a a big lizard, so i used to pronounce it as
    Char-Lizard.

Years
  • Hm, it's hard to remember what I used to pronounce many names wrong, although I do remember that my cousin pronounced Feraligatr as furg-ah-late-er (now that I think about it, she used to say it similar to percolator XD).

Since I had all of the Pokemon Stadium games when I was a kid I seemed to learn pronunciations that way, but I still messed up a lot. D:

Cid

Years
  • I used to pronounce Bonsly as bon-slee instead of bon-slie.

Rayquaza used to be Rai-kwa-za until the Destiny Deoxys movie.

Yams

Polursaring!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 21, 2013
    Am I the only one who pronounce Chimecho as "Kime-echo"? And is Rayquaza "Ray-quah-za" or "Ray-quay-za"?

Sonido

阿散井 恋次
    Years
  • I used to pronounce Kyogre as Kray-o-gre. What a shock when I learned how it was pronounced in the Anime.

CrazyCubone

isn't very crazy.
    Years
  • Is it Dee-alga or Die-alga? And is it Pal-kee-a or Pal-kai-a? If it's the latter, I've been saying them wrong. >_<

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    i used to pronounce Farfetche'd

Far-fetched- D
    I did that, too, when I was a kid of course.

It also took me a while to realize Chimecho was 'Chime-echo' and not 'Chime-cho', and I still call Regice 'Regi-ice'. I also call Rayquaza 'Ray-quah-za' because it sounds a lot more correct than 'Ray-quay-za' does. One of my cousins used to call Ho-oh 'Ho-ho' or 'Oh-oh' or something like that. X3

CrazyCubone

isn't very crazy.
    Years
  • I used to think they were Hitmonchan and Kickmonchan for a long time, when I was about 5, of course! xD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back