• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What starter did you pick in OR/AS?

Which starter did you choose?

• Treecko

Votes: 164 36.1%
  • Torchic

Votes: 117 25.8%
  • Mudkip

Votes: 201 44.3%

• Total voters

Nagi-chan

I make videos on Youtube about Pokémon and other a
Years
  • I honestly couldn´t really decide between Treeko and Mudkip, because I like them both, but I chose Mudkip since it was my ever first starter in Emerald. Now that we have ORAS and you can have as many of the starters as you want I mostly picked Treeko because of the several HM moves it can learn. The only one I never picked was Torchic because I simply never liked its design.

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2017
    Mudkip just like what I had done in Ruby. Alpha Sapphire I haven't really played it because I haven't found a good challenge I want to do in that game so it'll be whatever suits the challenge if I even decide to keep my starter.

Bot

Robot con sentimientos
    Years
  • I remember that I chose Mudkip in my first Pokémon Emerald and, when I received Pokémon OR, I choose Mudkip again. Now it's a great Swampert.

solocricket

Pokémon Master
    Years
    • CA
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    Just picked up AS today (along with a New 3DSXL!! :D) and I picked Mudkip. Mudkip and Torchic are probably the ones I like best, design-wise, however, I never really got too attached to the Generation 3 starters. I might be putting Mudkip in the computer soon in favor of something more fun to use....

Years
  • Finally finished AS so I can stop avoiding this board for spoilers!

Since I went with Treecko my first time around in Sapphire, it only seemed natural to go back to it for AS. If I play through again I might pick Torchic next time, but Treecko will always be my favorite of the three.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    Finally finished AS so I can stop avoiding this board for spoilers!

Since I went with Treecko my first time around in Sapphire, it only seemed natural to go back to it for AS. If I play through again I might pick Torchic next time, but Treecko will always be my favorite of the three.

I think gen 3 had the best startes trio out of the rest of the gens. It's the first gen where I actually like all of them.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • I picked Torchic in my Alpha Sapphire file since i wanted to experience having Mega Blaziken in my in-game team, with that delicious Speed Boost the Mega-fied Blaziken has, which usually sweeps a lot of in-game trainers far up the backside.

It wasn't easy picking the starter that i want since Gen 3 was indeed the gen that had amazing starters with variable strengths and weaknesses, and which all of them looked really cool when fully evolved. The kind of Pokemon that one can easily be proud of. I could have gone Mudkip or Treeko as well but I wanted to make a nod to the starter that i picked in Ruby (Gen 3) so i went with Torchic, the starter that got me playing the games again.

Years
  • I used to always choose Treecko because Sceptile is in my top 5 favourite Pokemon but, I decided to use Mudkip in Omega Ruby because Swampert is badass. I hate Blaziken so I wasn't going to choose Torchic.

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2016
    I am seeing a lot of people who picked a certain Pokemon because they picked it on their first run-through. Did anyone do the opposite of that? Blaziken rules but I am thinking of picking a different one...

Years
  • I choosed Treecko. Sceptile is one of my favourite pokemon, so it's naturally for me to take Treecko. The other two are also very nice, but I decided to take them another time.

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2016
    I did three runs, all with different starters. My favorite starter was Treecko. I find it quite a challenge to go with Treecko (according to Mudkip being the easiest and Torchic "medium"). And I really love Sceptile's Mega evo, not only because of the design but also it is a Dragon-type, which I love too. Eventhough in OR my fav starter is Treecko, I'm used to picking Torchic as favorite in Emerald back in the days.

stzy

the battlefield got weird.
    Years
  • Definitely picked Mudkip because I chose Torchic every single time I played the older versions and Treecko is a joke.

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
    Years
  • I picked Mudkip first out of a throwback to the past. Mudkip was my starter on Pokémon Ruby, which was the first Pokémon game I ever completed. That Swampert eventually became the first Pokémon I ever levelled all the way up to 100. It was completely awesome and I've never loved a Pokémon as much, my friend deleted the save file it was on (along with my first ever real shiny not named Gyarados Dusclops). It was genuinely a harrowing experience.

In my playthrough of Alpha Sapphire (which still isn't finished) I was streaming my playthrough on Twitch. I ended up picking Treecko but only have two badges and haven't touched the game in over a year! I'll finish it eventually I swear!

ZangooseClaw

Pokemon Philosopher
    Years
  • Had to go with the ever-faithful Torchic/Blaziken because you cannot ignore the fire-fighting combo moves along with balanced stats at high level. I had one in the original Sapphire that kicked some serious butt, but during Ruby I trained a Swampert that stole my heart. This along with Sceptile's sweeet Mega evolution has made it forever hard to choose between the three.

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2017
    I picked mudkip. It would seem mudkip is in the lead at the time of this comment. I've seen other websites with polls like this one. From what I have seen on most of those polls, mudkip often ends up winning the most popular vote.

khaozz

Peace sells, but who's buying?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2018
    I used all 3 Starters. My in-game choice was Torchic (I always pick Fire on my first playthrough of a Pokemon game), but I've bred and traded Treecko and Mudkip. I like all 3 Starters and used all 3 equally in the original games, so when I first heard about Ruby and Sapphire getting remade, I thought it would be unfair to only use one of them and decided to start the journey with all 3.

Midi

Charming Ghost~
    Years
  • I went with Torchic, since that's what I picked for my original Ruby file, for nostalgia's sake.

Back