• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What starter did you pick in OR/AS?

Which starter did you choose?

• Treecko

Votes: 164 36.1%
  • Torchic

Votes: 117 25.8%
  • Mudkip

Votes: 201 44.3%

• Total voters

Xrx

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2016
    I choose Torchic because Mega Blaziken has the best ability.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I chose Mudkip in Omega Ruby because I grew tired of using Blaziken and Sceptile. I've been overusing my HA Blaziken on Battle Maison challenges in my Pokemon Y and I already chose Treecko in my Sapphire run when I was a kid. I decided to have a change of pace by choosing Mudkip as a starter and didn't regret it as Mega Swampert is power in my team.

Avablitz

Guardian of the Ruins
    Years
  • Treeko because I knew Team Aqua would use water type Pokemon and Treeko could one hit KO most of them. Did hesitate a bit because Mega Blaziken is awesome and mudkip's line was cool but Treeko won out. If I ever get Omega Ruby I will probably go for Mudkip.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • Mudkip.

I can't work well with Treecko and Torchic for some reason since wayyyy back.

And Swampert is all-awesome.

Years
  • Mudkip.

I can't work well with Treecko and Torchic for some reason since wayyyy back.

And Swampert is all-awesome.

I can understand you, I felt so attached to Mudkip that I find it hard to do a Hoenn playthrough without Mudkip and that was due to all the nostalgic connection I have to it.

freakyladymoonbeam

Cookie Chomper
    Years
  • I will admit to being quite new to the Pokemon franchise, having only been around for 3 years. But, when I got Omega Ruby, I started with Mudkip. Because. Internet memes. And I had already raised a Torchic in my X playthrough. And I really liked it! A lot! I named him Kipper. :3

Years
  • In both the original Ruby & Sapphire as well as the remakes, I'd nearly always pick Mudkip. Partly because I liked the way Mudkip looked, and partly because Swampert with it's Water/Ground type ruled almost everything.

Years
  • During my first playthrough of AS, I chose Mudkip (keeping true to my original play of Sapphire back in the day). However during my current playthrough of OR I've chosen Treecko due to me wanting to explore other options in regards to water Pokemon in the region.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2017
    I chose Mudkip since I loved how Mega Swampert has swift swim as its ability, and me being the kind to happily run Rain teams back in the Gen 5 days of OP Weather effects, Swift Swim sweeping was something that I really enjoyed.

MadHatter62

The Master of Sticks
    Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2017
    I chose Mudkip because I wanted to try him out instead of the usual choice of Torchic.

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I picked Mudkip because I wanted the muscles that is Mega Swampert. But next time, I think I'll pick Treecko because I haven't used it in a long time.

FindingXMemo

Echo Trainer
    Years
  • Normally I would always pick Treecko, but this time I switched it up and got Mudkip which I kind of regret since I felt like I would have enjoyed using Sceptile so much more than I did Swampert

Snick3rd00dle254

Game-Maker
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2016
    I always pick the fire type in Pokemon games so i picked Torchic :)

Plus Blaziken is just freaking amazing

Last edited by a moderator:

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • During the original Ruby and Sapphire, my classmates had the games before I was given one. I was undecided on a starter. I actually based my choice after getting the R/S booster pack. In it contained the Sceptile holofoil card.

What starter did you pick in OR/AS?

I choose Treecko in the original and remake. In the original, my ID/OT was Nicole and my starter was named Scarlett (for the red coloring on Sceptile's body). In Alpha Sapphire, my starter was named Victor because both Nicole and Victor mean victory. Scarlett is also the ID/OT for my X/Y trainer. Am I just limited on names or do I create some cute meaningful way to synchronize my collection of Pokemon games lol.

Back