• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What starter did you pick in OR/AS?

Which starter did you choose?

• Treecko

Votes: 164 36.1%
  • Torchic

Votes: 117 25.8%
  • Mudkip

Votes: 201 44.3%

• Total voters

Flower

✿ flower keeper ✿
Years
My starter was Treecko.. really love the Mega Evolution's typing (I had heard about it pre-release and thought Treecko was a must!), and plus Sceptile has always been my favorite Hoenn starter.. not too sure why hehe. Just have loved him in both design and typing (pure Grass-types I love for some reason ehe. Dragon-type on top of that though?? Sweet!) for a long time. ♥

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
Treecko was my partner. Torchic was my partner in the originals, and I had the event one for X, so I decided to go for the wood gecko. He is a great team member

DarkSkys

Still Alone, Still Alive, Still Unbroken
Years
Torchic, always been a fire type fan. Although, since I have both games I restart one and choose a different starter to use. Treecko has made the game a bit of a challenge for me.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jun 2, 2016
I had to go with Mudkip because that was what I used in my most recent Ruby play through. I originally used Treecko, but the lack of Mega-Evos in RSE made the difficulty a little high.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
SO I HERD U LEIK MUDKIPZ shoot me if someone has already said that in this thread lol

lol yeah... I couldn't resist that cheesy joke. Anyway, I've been jumping between mudkip and Treecko a lot. I do choose Mudkip as the majority though. It's got a way better advantage than Torchic, but that's pretty obvious. Plus, it gets the advantage with three of the first few gyms as well. I also love how I can use it against Watson, and he can't do a fucking thing about it either. :D

Somewhere_

i don't know where
Years
I chose Mudkip because he is my favorite out of the three, but I wish I had gone with Treecko for the challenge in OR. I think I am beginning to like the Treecko line much better.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023
I chose Mudkip in my first playthrough because that's what I chose on my Sapphire. ^w^
It's got a cool design but that's not why I like it! I like it because it's a Water-Type.
When I did my second playthrough I chose Treecko to change up things. I liked it's Mega Evolution! It faces you!

Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2015
I picked Treecko because he was my original starter from Pokemon Sapphire. We can't forget about Mega Sceptile, either. Its not every day you get a grass dragon. ;)

Years
  • Seen May 11, 2016
Mudkip, because it's my favourite starter from Hoenn since I played Emerald Version.

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
Years
I had to go with Mudkip, the real TeamPlayer (if you get that reference I love you and we should be friends). It was in tribute of Ace, my Swampert from the original Ruby game and it was the first Pokémon I ever levelled to 100! I planned on naming it Ace too but it was a female so I named it after my girlfriend, Allison (she named hers after me first)! Swampert is a monster man, I love it lol.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
Years
My favourite starter from Hoenn is Mudkip because I love water-type pokémon and I love the design but I picked Treecko despite being a grass-type Pokémon because I had already use Torchic and Mudkip in other games and never used Treecko many times!

Ashes to Ashes

Serenade of Cerne
Years
Havent gotten much hands on experience with ORAS yet but I havent made up my mind about if Ill pick Treecko or Mudkip. Swampert has the preferred Mega and I havent used one before, but I prefer everything else about Sceptiles line more and its one of my favorite Grass types. Grass is also tied for my favorite type.

Back