• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What starter did you pick in OR/AS?

Which starter did you choose?

• Treecko

Votes: 164 36.1%
  • Torchic

Votes: 117 25.8%
  • Mudkip

Votes: 201 44.3%

• Total voters

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2018
    Also how is Torchic the least popular! Nuuuuuuuuu!!

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I picked Mudkip in Omega Ruby and Treeko in Alpha Sapphire. I didn't pick Torchic, my usualy default chose in Hoenn games, because I wanted to try out the two new Mega Evolutions, I played with Mega Blaziken quite a bit in X and Y.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
  • I don't play OR/AS, but if I did, I would have picked Treecko in this case, since I like Sceptile more than Swampert and Blaziken. Mega Sceptile's Grass/Dragon typing is very unique and has a badass design plus access to STAB Leaf Storm and Dragon Pulse. I never liked Blaziken that much tbh due to its lame concept and being overpowered in standard play (plus it feels pretty bad in Ubers anyway). Swampert's cool, but I can't stand Mudkip memes.

kawaiimix

Radically Awkward Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2015
    I chose Treecko, he just seemed really cool and I always have loved my grass-types. And I really like the draining attacks that Treecko is able to pick up as it levels up. Plus, mega Sceptile is goals, to be honest.

LadyVenus

Team Cipher
    Years
  • Mudkip. I have always gone with Mudkip since gen. III. I didn't think I would like Mega Swampert at first, but I ended up loving my Mega Swampert. <3

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    i went with(and am currently still using) a treecko thats now a sceptile.
    i already had a shiny squirtle & a shiny absol that i bread in X in preparation for the day i'd get AS ready, i started off with them as my main team adding cosplay pika once i could & a zigzagoon for HM slave.
    so i got 3 pokemon that i used as starters and 3 that actually are starters.

Kaiyu

Has officially quit PC
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2016
    I chose Mudkip because it's one of my favorite Pokémon and I like water types.

Sukyandaru

kimi ni baby sweet berry love
    Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2019
    I went with Treecko since I've rarely used it before, and a Dragon type mega evolution was too good to pass up x:. Grovyle's about lv30 now in AS, so going to get a Sceptile soon~!
    My favourite out of the starters and their evolved forms is still Mudkip, though I find its mega evo a bit underwhelming (really good in the rain though!). So if I end up getting OR and playing through that, I think I'll go with Mudkip because Surf <3.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I picked mudkip because I wanted to see that final mega evolution roid Swampert. That thing was a beast in game, by the end I had trained that thing so much that I was able to sweep entire teams with Hydro Pump. Torchic is my favorite of the gen. 3 starters, but Mega Swampert is my favorite mega evolutions of the 3.

ChillyHaunter

Resident Memelord
    Years
  • In my Alpha Sapphire game, I chose Treecko. I figured that Torchic and Mudkip would be a lot more common, and decided to go with the one that I thought was chosen the least. My Treecko, now a Sceptile, has definitely proven herself as a strong and valuable member of my team, and that Mega Evo never hurts either!

Yatoumori

Master Woofington
    Years
  • I started off with Treecko - primarily because it's my personal favorite of the gen 3 starters, and the one I started out with myself when I played Sapphire as a kid.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • In my Alpha Sapphire game, I chose Treecko. I figured that Torchic and Mudkip would be a lot more common, and decided to go with the one that I thought was chosen the least. My Treecko, now a Sceptile, has definitely proven herself as a strong and valuable member of my team, and that Mega Evo never hurts either!

Oh and you got a female starter? Lucky, I always love getting female starters since they're so uncommon haha~

ZoroStar

★ The True Star of Illusion ★
    Years
  • In my first run, I picked Treecko since he's one cool little green dude.
    In my nuzlocke run, I picked a Torchic based on the last digit of my Trainer ID, ended up naming him Duncan Keith.

Last edited:

ChillyHaunter

Resident Memelord
    Years
  • Oh and you got a female starter? Lucky, I always love getting female starters since they're so uncommon haha~

Yeah, I didn't even expect for her to be a female. I was thinking of nicknames to give a Treecko, and they were all for males, but she kinda threw that out the window, haha!

Back