• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What was the biggest video game dissapointment you have ever played?

Algo Fonix

oh god
Years
Final Fantasy XII. I like the game and all, as the battle system is super fun, but I really disliked basically every character except for Baltheir, who was pretty awesome. I haven't expected epic stories from FF in years, but the way XII ended felt... sorta premature. I got to the end and felt like "Wow, the end already?" which really took me out of the game. To this day I can't bring myself to pick it up and finish it off.

cjlaw

A unknown fighter
Years
  • Age 30
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 4, 2012
Legend of zelda OoT
Mainly because I went into this game thinking it will be great (because everyone said it was). I got very bored in the middle of the game. The story wasn't really that intresting for me and the characters were very anoying, but there was something I enjoyed about the game and that was fishing. I did complete the game in the end, but i was really desoponited with it.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
Years
Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising
I had really high hopes for this game, in the trailers it looked good, the multiplayer looked good, the single player looked good, the co-op looked good. But when I got my hands on it... I couldn't believe how crappy it was. It was a really big letdown for me.

TJgamer

A Pokémon Poet
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 13, 2021
I don't really have one. Reason? Simple: Be extra careful of what games you buy; make sure that it is really worth the money!
I only go for games that are sure to bring a load of fun to the player.

Years
Ninjabread Man for the Wii. God awful game.
Found it in the laundry room in our apartment building.
Took it home. Tried it out. Felt dirty after three minutes.

hmmm.... worst game well Star Wars on N64 can't remember the name of it but it was really a disapointment to me, the game made me confused totally from the start O_O

Sounds kinda like that Naboo game or Shadows of the Empire.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
Years
Left 4 Dead 2 was the biggest video game disappointment I have ever played.

Nikorasu

Shut down the devil sound
Years
I'm gonna look back on the old games...

hmm Back tot he future,

Awesome movie, worst game ever. Search it on youtube, You will commit suicide.

Stevo-kun

Push to the limit, Give more!
Years
Halo 3 in my opinion. I know, hate me all you want, but with so much hype in the Halo series. I was expecting alot more, but I could never really get into it. It didn't really excite me =/. Maybe that's just me though.

Years
Super Smash Brothers Brawl.

The floaty fighting mechanics, slowed down gameplay, and absolutely no character balance. Yes, I am butthurt that Jigglypuff is one of the worst characters around this time, but more that Meta Knight can just pwn everyone. Also, the music was too remixed and nostalgia was put in all the wrong places. SSE was unnecessarily long. 1P campaign is just a chore now instead of being fun. The trophies are less creative too; they're just the official artwork from those games in 3D. AND LET'S NOT FORGET ABOUT THE DELAYS.

Years
  • Seen Feb 28, 2010
LOTR: Third Age. I thought it would be an action, fighty, killing orcs kinda thing but it turned out to be some RPG Strategy :/
Although, i actually quite like the game now :L

cjlaw

A unknown fighter
Years
  • Age 30
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 4, 2012
MW2 was an other disapointment for me mainly because of the truely rubbish story and also for the terrible matchmaking, spawn and the unbalanced weapons.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
Years
Animal Crossing City Folk.

Having loved the original GCN Animal Crossing so much, and having realized that some great improvements were made in Wild World (despite some flaws added as well), I expected City Folk to at least had some improvements and new features itself.

That was expecting WAY too much. The game promised to be a fusion of the GCN and DS version. Well honestly I think the people that made the game must be smoking or stupid or something, because it really DOES NOT take a rocket scientist to realize what to bring back and what to not bring back.

They brought back the holidays from the GCN version. A feature that should have never even been removed from WW in the first place. (and I call bull on their argument for removing them, because I believe it was the very same year that WW was released the second Mario and Luigi was released and get what the first town you visited represented so blatantly?: CHRISTMAS. :o If Mario and Luigi could get away with that than I don't know how WW couldn't.) Plus it was advertised, we all knew they were coming back.

The game looked promising after the holidays were returning was shown. However only two other positive features were brought back from the GCN version: Cliffs and four houses. Both were givens anyway.

However the negative almost completely outweighs the good here: The holidays are not as fun as they were in the original, you get four houses at the expense of returning to the house size from the GCN version (so yes, you heard me right, we have a MUCH smaller house size in the Wii version than in the DS version.), the animal pictures feature was completely removed, and the animals became even more repetitive (and due to the removal of any options when talking to them it being more repetitive completely kills any want to talk to them.).

Perfect fusion, my butt. I don't care what anybody says, City Folk is obviously an incredibly lazy rehash and downgrade of Wild World with a new name tacked on to make it look like it's something new. And this game proves to me that even rehashes can be done very wrong.

Nintendo has ruined the Animal Crossing series and the fans will never care because they're all lulled under the "Animal Crossing must always stay the same" mindset. Why do these fans not understand that there are positive changes that can be made, and why do these fans not understand that some very negative changes have been made? Are they blind?

Well I have to give it to Nintendo, they've found an extremely easy way to make money with the AC fans. They don't have to change anything in the next AC game and it would still make them a ton of money and the fans would still defend it to their deaths under that absurdly stupid mindset.

On another note Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald were pretty disappointing, too. Not on the level of City Folk, but still I don't understand why they made a lot of the changes they did. I did not like they wanted to "reset" everything. Gold, Silver, and Crystal made an EPIC sequel to Red, Blue, and Yellow. They were set in the future and really felt like sequels. RSE were different. While they were still fun they lacked that continuity between the first two generations. The day/night and week system was removed among other things. I was also really sad that we didn't get to have a second region. I don't care what anybody says, being able to go back to Kanto in the second generation was great. It may have been watered down, but it brought that sense of continuity and expanded the game time by quite a bit.

(Sorry for the long post, it's a Saturday and I really don't have anything better to do. XD)

Years
ACCF had a ****-load of items, including a Metroid, which was good enough for me.

The biggest disappointment in gaming for me is Metroid Fusion. It's way too linear and there are constant, unskippable interruptions in the form of Adam Malkovich and Samus' inner-monologue (none of which are interesting or worth reading) telling you exactly where to go and what to do. The graphics are too bright and cheery and the music is bland and forgettable. There's no atmosphere, solitude feeling or sense of accomplishment to be found in this game (all things that are pivotal in Metroid games). Metroid should be done like this; get the story out the way early and let the player explore and find things for themselves without being interrupted or being told to go from point A to point B (redundantly, the only path available). It blows my mind that people can actually give this game a rating higher than 5/10 (and that's me being fair; take into consideration the disappointment factor and you're looking at 2/10).

Damn Metroid Fusion sucks.

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
Years
Sonic Heros Might of been the last Sonic game I have ever played, except Sonic the Hedgehog 2(Which is my favorite Sonic Game). I thought the game was a basically the most disappointing game I have ever played.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
Years
ACCF had a ****-load of items, including a Metroid, which was good enough for me.

But there's waayyyy more to AC than that. You should at least acknowledge that...

To be honest I can't really even think of any memorable items added in AC:CF other than the Nintendo items.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
Years
Pokemon Fire Red and Leaf Green.(why did it take me six attempts to type an upper case "R"?)

Just couldn't stand it, seriously R/S/E was much better, in Fr/Lg you couldn't even evolve some Pokemon without the National Dex. Who ever said the Mach and Acro bike were bad were obviously weren't thinking, at least it was much better the bike in Fr/Lg. To all those people who hated how R/S/E got rid of the Day and Night system well FYI Fr/Lg didn't have it either and at least R/S/E gave you a clock. What's so bad about the water in R/S/E, it wasn't that big of a deal. I quite enjoyed how it had the best water features. Fr/Lg was meant to be the biggest hype for hand held gaming back in 2005 and it failed to meet all of my expectations, except giving Moltres a better location and move set.

Back