• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What was the biggest video game dissapointment you have ever played?

TheReal

Epic Member
Years
  • GTA 4, since i prefer San Andreas to it, bahh.
    Pokemon Fr/Lg, these remakes should never exist. To be honest, the years of the third generation until the 4th comes out were awful! Pokemon R/S/E and Fr/Lg were the worst Pokemon games.

Lil MuDkiP849

Dream Chaser
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Aug 12, 2021
    I know some will disagree, but since im a VERY big fan of the series, i was one of the people who were VERY disappointed with resident evil 4, and EVEN MORE disapointed with resident evil 5-

Resident Evil 4- Well, this is the game that got so many action kids into the RE series, as well as spawned MANY leon fanboys. Im an old school resident evil player, i thought the new camera angle was interesting, but overtime, the game just didnt feel like the *resident evil* so many people have come to know and love...the game itself wasn't scary at all compared to masterpiece RE games like RE0, REmake, CVX, you basically HELD your item box(aka making you a one-man army) and most of all, the game took everything that made the *survival* aspect so important in past RE games, and threw it away with the fact that enemies you kill drop soooo much ammo and even cash. In REmake if you killed an enemy, it'd come back later to try and kill you lol.

Okay okay, it was a fun game for some people, i had fun for about the first 1-2 playthroughs, but even during my first playthroughs, i thought the story was HORRIBLE. Why the heck did capcom decide to just DESTROY umbrella?? It's like, if you actually had an idea of what was going on in the RE universe, you'd be mindblown to even THINK umbrella would be destroyed. So it's like im playing, and im like *...so who the heck ARE the bad guys anyway?* you literally find out they're a random religious-like terrorist group in Europe that holds a castle and a military base as hideouts and apparently under the castle there were fossil parasites that controlled people depending on diff. *strengths* of the parasite inside their central nervous system when revived. All the while during these ludicrous story points (the reason why im saying these story arcs for the series are ludicrous, is because every single monster or transformation in the past RE games, had an EXPLANATION, like a note or something, also on that it's never explained how Krauser can have a parasite within him and can just go back and forth between human hand and that claw thing, ugh god capcom -_-)) your dealing with Ashley whom i thought made the experience terrible for me, for reasons everyone should know why. The only good thing about the game for me was wesker made an appearance and he had *master plans* so that got me excited for resident evil 5....

Resident Evil 5- The co-op is fun, mercenaries is great, versus is lol, ...and that's it with this game. I had such high hopes for this game to resurrect the series with it's original hero, Chris Redfield, and bring back the zombies i wanted back very dearly. However, i didnt get my wish. The TGS 2007 trailer got this game extremely hyped, but it was nothing of how the final project came. Chris had a partner, Sheva Alomar, to help him to ease off the apparent bio-terrorists in the area(Irving). You also find out that Jill's dead, which got me REALLY hyped for the game. But what it delivered, was pure sh*t. I can't beleive people actually enjoyed the story of this game. I try and enjoy it i really do, but the fact remains that with this game, resident evil, having the most awesome story and great characters, has gone in the wrong direction and won't ever go back. The Chris in this game is nothing like the Chris i loved from RE1 and CVX. Sheva is constantly just butting in conversations so it makes it like she has an important role in this game, oh yea and she was about to ditch after the Ndesu(or el gigante as people STILL call it) she just joins up back with Chris because *They're pahtnuhs, till' the end* which was jus lol. I'll admit i really like the wesker flashback scene(i also havent played lost in nightmares) but then after that, there's nothing. Most of the time in the levels you simply just see chris and sheva going foward in the level, shooting the majini(STILL NOT zombies -_-) from level to level.

The answers that diehard re fans like myself wanted so bad failed to deliver, and what they did to *you know who* with wesker (i wont spoil it for anyone) with her blonde hair and all. When i got to that part and found out it was her, i dropped my controller and said *That's just the final straw* she ran up walls, she growled, and seriously, SHE HAD BLONDE HAIR! The explanation they gave for that was out of left field. You also find out that wesker sold EVERY sample of the virus' from past re games for...money, yea really. Sure, he used the progenitor for the uroboros virus, which was pretty cool to find out honestly, but other then that, i cant beleive capcom really jus tossed everything that made the classic re games so good, and changed it into the things that the past games tried NOT to be. So, in the end of the game, SHEVA shoots the rocket at wesker, not jill(which makes no sense because jill was held in hostility for like what, 3-5 years in a cryogenic sleep? how the hell could she not want revenge for that compared to someone whose only known wesker for a couple of hours?) and they just...fly off. It was such an empty ending that just had no emotion, and dont deny, your really left there looking at the credits thinking *thats really it?* and basically, yea, it really is. They tried to bring back some of the good things back from the old games, such as how many items you can hold, but it just failed, you STILL were a one man army like in the last game.

Oh yea, and before i end my post, i just want to say the mercenaries reunion characters, barry and rebecca, are just the biggest insult to old school re fans out there. Its the biggest excuse from them towards the old fans who paid for the old, camera angled, survival horror, stand and shoot games to bring back these golden characters for a mini-game??? Seriously??? If you want to know why im really upset with this, the reason is why the heck couldn't they have been in the main story????

Last edited:

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
  • TimeShift.

It looked like sweet awesome sauce on a stick. I thought the whole ability to control time at your own expense was cool. Thinking the game was going to be well-implemented enough so that the idea did not become repetitive... it didn't. Instead, the game turned to be some bland and over-done FPS with the time control as some side order you wouldn't care about.

I dunno. I believe that if it was put into the hands of another developer (and maybe if it turned into an RPG) it would be more successful.

'Nother game is Left 4 Dead 2. It was fun while it lasted and I only play the first Left 4 Dead now. |:

rockshock28

Salamence Fan Club President.
    Years
  • Halo 3. I was like, "This is gonna be awesome!" Then ten minutes later, "It's okay." 30 minutes, "What the...." an hour, "WHY DID I PAY FOR THIS?!"

mattman324

Run to the hills, run for your lives!
    Years
  • Hoo boy. Looks like I'll be starting a flame war here. You all ready?

Pokemon Red.

Yeah, not Ruby, Saphire, Firered, Diamond, nothing. I mean RED. It really isn't as good as you people say it is. Sereously, it's more of a historical curiosity nowadays, and I only played it the first time recently (At least it wasn't Yellow. The only good thing that came out of that game were pokemon sprites and the three starters, the rest were terrible). I mean, SEREOUSLY! The game engine is horrably laughable, you can spam Venusaur's Razor Leaf to get you through the game until Abra and Gastly and the Legendary birds, then it doesn't even challange you!

I would say Silver, but when I was a kid, I liked those games. Now, when I go back... ugh. (Anyone care to look at the region of Johto? Not only can it be horridly sequence-broken, it's really to lineir. If you complain about RSE's region, remember it's a LOT like Kanto, just bigger.)

Years
  • Halo 3 in my opinion. I know, hate me all you want, but with so much hype in the Halo series. I was expecting alot more, but I could never really get into it. It didn't really excite me =/. Maybe that's just me though.

I agree with this. I gave in to the hype, bought Halo 3. I really regret buying it, because I didn't have that much fun with it. I keep it, though, because the multiplayer is good, provided you have friends willing to play.

Years
  • Fossil Fighters, and Megaman Starforce 3, Black Ace.

Fossil Fighters was very stupid, another dinosaur game. I thought it was good, but I was dead wrong. I might have just well had played Pokemon.

Black Ace was more horrible than Starforce 2. I enjoyed Rogue coming back, but it just was...a bit bland. The graphics were good, but....Starforce 2 had more plot than 3. In 3, I meet Geo's dad. But, everything else was bad. The bosses where easy (I beat Red Joker by not even using Noise Form!), only Crimson Dragon served a problem.

In Starforce 2, EVERY BOSS WAS HARD. I lost against Phantom 4 times before I beat him....don't get me started about Rogue with his sword....11 times...ugh.

Also, one more game. Kirby Super Star Ultra. Let's just say I sold it the same day I bought it.

Ricky429

Turtwig lovers unite!!!
    Years
  • Need For Speed: Pro Street. It was THE worst nfs game of the entire series. I bought it thinking it was like nfs hot pursuit 2 for the gamecube which was IMO the best nfs game in history.

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
  • Dragon Ball Z: Sagas

Okay, this game honestly looked pretty fun while it was being developed, but when my brother and I played it, we were disappointed. We sat through the whole game, beating it in two nights, and it was ****! We are both big DBZ fans, in fact it's my favorite anime/manga, and it is definitely my brother's favorite anime/manga by leaps and bounds. This game just ignored a bunch of stuff about the show, and... it was like the developers weren't even trying.

We tried to like it, we really did, but it was just fail. I still have the game, actually, but I haven't touched it in years. That game should have been awesome, but it wasn't, and that sucks.

MrGhost

Spooky Scary~
    Years
  • White Knight: Chronicles.
    One of the only games I've ever had to yell obscenities at the main characters for being generic corny speech spewing idiots. It was pitifully easy, and almost impossible to play without going insane.
    Glad I got to return this game and was able to get Heavy Rain instead, which was awesome.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
  • Naruto: Ninja Destiny and Naruto: Ninja Council 3. I was rewatching the naruto anime and got interest again. i bought two games, bost coast $50, so that'll be $100. I WASTED MY MONEY.It's because just beat 10 characters and you WIN.THE.GAME.PERIOD. Nothing more. Zilch. Nada. I should have just bought Pokemon Trozei if I knew the game is gonna suck. Though atleast Ninja Council has a replayable value, unlike Ninja Destiny. <.<;;

Jado

Two cookies for Dane <3
    Years
  • I know some will disagree, but since im a VERY big fan of the series, i was one of the people who were VERY disappointed with resident evil 4, and EVEN MORE disapointed with resident evil 5-

Resident Evil 4- Well, this is the game that got so many action kids into the RE series, as well as spawned MANY leon fanboys. Im an old school resident evil player, i thought the new camera angle was interesting, but overtime, the game just didnt feel like the *resident evil* so many people have come to know and love...the game itself wasn't scary at all compared to masterpiece RE games like RE0, REmake, CVX, you basically HELD your item box(aka making you a one-man army) and most of all, the game took everything that made the *survival* aspect so important in past RE games, and threw it away with the fact that enemies you kill drop soooo much ammo and even cash. In REmake if you killed an enemy, it'd come back later to try and kill you lol.

Okay okay, it was a fun game for some people, i had fun for about the first 1-2 playthroughs, but even during my first playthroughs, i thought the story was HORRIBLE. Why the heck did capcom decide to just DESTROY umbrella?? It's like, if you actually had an idea of what was going on in the RE universe, you'd be mindblown to even THINK umbrella would be destroyed. So it's like im playing, and im like *...so who the heck ARE the bad guys anyway?* you literally find out they're a random religious-like terrorist group in Europe that holds a castle and a military base as hideouts and apparently under the castle there were fossil parasites that controlled people depending on diff. *strengths* of the parasite inside their central nervous system when revived. All the while during these ludicrous story points (the reason why im saying these story arcs for the series are ludicrous, is because every single monster or transformation in the past RE games, had an EXPLANATION, like a note or something, also on that it's never explained how Krauser can have a parasite within him and can just go back and forth between human hand and that claw thing, ugh god capcom -_-)) your dealing with Ashley whom i thought made the experience terrible for me, for reasons everyone should know why. The only good thing about the game for me was wesker made an appearance and he had *master plans* so that got me excited for resident evil 5....

Resident Evil 5- The co-op is fun, mercenaries is great, versus is lol, ...and that's it with this game. I had such high hopes for this game to resurrect the series with it's original hero, Chris Redfield, and bring back the zombies i wanted back very dearly. However, i didnt get my wish. The TGS 2007 trailer got this game extremely hyped, but it was nothing of how the final project came. Chris had a partner, Sheva Alomar, to help him to ease off the apparent bio-terrorists in the area(Irving). You also find out that Jill's dead, which got me REALLY hyped for the game. But what it delivered, was pure sh*t. I can't beleive people actually enjoyed the story of this game. I try and enjoy it i really do, but the fact remains that with this game, resident evil, having the most awesome story and great characters, has gone in the wrong direction and won't ever go back. The Chris in this game is nothing like the Chris i loved from RE1 and CVX. Sheva is constantly just butting in conversations so it makes it like she has an important role in this game, oh yea and she was about to ditch after the Ndesu(or el gigante as people STILL call it) she just joins up back with Chris because *They're pahtnuhs, till' the end* which was jus lol. I'll admit i really like the wesker flashback scene(i also havent played lost in nightmares) but then after that, there's nothing. Most of the time in the levels you simply just see chris and sheva going foward in the level, shooting the majini(STILL NOT zombies -_-) from level to level.

The answers that diehard re fans like myself wanted so bad failed to deliver, and what they did to *you know who* with wesker (i wont spoil it for anyone) with her blonde hair and all. When i got to that part and found out it was her, i dropped my controller and said *That's just the final straw* she ran up walls, she growled, and seriously, SHE HAD BLONDE HAIR! The explanation they gave for that was out of left field. You also find out that wesker sold EVERY sample of the virus' from past re games for...money, yea really. Sure, he used the progenitor for the uroboros virus, which was pretty cool to find out honestly, but other then that, i cant beleive capcom really jus tossed everything that made the classic re games so good, and changed it into the things that the past games tried NOT to be. So, in the end of the game, SHEVA shoots the rocket at wesker, not jill(which makes no sense because jill was held in hostility for like what, 3-5 years in a cryogenic sleep? how the hell could she not want revenge for that compared to someone whose only known wesker for a couple of hours?) and they just...fly off. It was such an empty ending that just had no emotion, and dont deny, your really left there looking at the credits thinking *thats really it?* and basically, yea, it really is. They tried to bring back some of the good things back from the old games, such as how many items you can hold, but it just failed, you STILL were a one man army like in the last game.
    I agree with you on RE4. It may have been rated Game of the Year, but that just shows most video game fanboys/fangirls are impressionable idiots who will go for anything that looks pretty and has good gameplay. Graphics and new gameplay dynamics aside, the game's plot was ridiculously bad (it was like something taken directly from a cheesy action film) and its cast of characters was mostly weak (I really only liked Salazar >_>). Unlike the Resident Evil games that came before it, it also was not scary. It was as though Capcom completely drained the franchise of its fear factor.

I also disliked RE5, but not as much as RE4. This is because I found its plot so poor that it was humorous. I could not help but view it as a parody of an action adventure/horror film. However, I disagree about Chris. He never had a personality. The only thing different about him in RE5 was that he was pumped with steroids and had the power to punch boulders.

I think Barry should have been in RE5, since he had one of the biggest conflicts with Wesker in the series ("WHAT ABOUT MY FAMILY?!"). He, Jill, and Chris should have all killed Wesker together.

Furthermore, I hated how Spencer was suddenly killed by Wesker. He was one of Umbrella's founders and therefore one of the biggest villains in the series, yet he just dropped dead in a barely minute long flashback. Personally, I would have had Wesker die in RE5 and have Spencer take over from there. He had potential, but Capcom threw it away.

Last edited:

xDangerous

Superfly Sister
    Years
  • Sonic and the Secret Rings X_x I expected it to be like the other Sonic games but when I began playing it, it was jut way too confusing and hard to understand.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • White Knight: Chronicles.
    One of the only games I've ever had to yell obscenities at the main characters for being generic corny speech spewing idiots. It was pitifully easy, and almost impossible to play without going insane.
    Glad I got to return this game and was able to get Heavy Rain instead, which was awesome.

Yeah, definitely a disappointing game. I admit that I only got halfway until I was unable to take all those points you brought up, lol. I sold my copy of it as well.

ヴェントゥス

キーブレード
    Years
  • Biggest Dissappointed game I think would be some of the sonic games, and some DS games. One game I dont like is this Dragon Ball Z game i have that uses cards, I forgot what its called xD

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
  • Ruby and Sapphire. Just not as interesting, pathetic Game Corner (you couldn't win Pokemon from it in gens. III and IV, but I kinda liked Sinnoh's meager hold item selection plus the slots itself so I don't hate it too much), aaaaand nothing really too fun. Emerald, on the other hand, I liked. Personally, I like Emerald's Battle Frontier WAY more than the gen. IV BF. But this is about disappointments, not things I like. I just wanted to make note of the fact that Emerald I liked in contrast to RS.

Adding to the list, Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume. I just didn't like how you had to kill somebody off in order to beat all the baddies and move on. I'm one of those people who dislikes killing nakama.

mugenhavok

Back after a 2 year brake
    Years
  • castlevania 2 simons quest......its god awfull omg and when it says "what a horrible night to have a curse" i almost killed myself....and dont even get me started on the whole tornado thing. i mean there isent even anything that tells you to do that!

Back