• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What was the biggest video game dissapointment you have ever played?

Years
But there's waayyyy more to AC than that. You should at least acknowledge that...

To be honest I can't really even think of any memorable items added in AC:CF other than the Nintendo items.

I know, but it's not like ACCF is deprived of anything that the other 2 games had. It just didn't do much new. I thought ACPG was better, but ACCF was still a good game.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
Years
I know, but it's not like ACCF is deprived of anything that the other 2 games had. It just didn't do much new. I thought ACPG was better, but ACCF was still a good game.

I mentioned a few things that AC:CF actually took away from AC:WW. Namely animal pictures and the "mansion" house size.

Those were quite something to take away. The animal pictures were a popular feature in AC:WW, and it gave a lot of fans the motivation to keep a friendship with the animals and ultimately to keep on playing it altogether.

There's basically no reason to talk to the animals in CF at all, by the way. That is quite a downgrade too if you ask me.

And AC:CF is lacking plenty of what AC:GCN had. Quite a few of the animals that were present in the GCN version are still gone, the balls are gone, we still have the silly gate instead of the train (you can say it's not a bad change, but really it added to the atmosphere on AC:GCN), still no signboards and bushes, a few of the holidays are missing, the option to ask for errands from animals is missing, etc. etc.

PokeFreakBror

I never use this site.
Years
I don't really have one. Reason? Simple: Be extra careful of what games you buy; make sure that it is really worth the money!
I only go for games that are sure to bring a load of fun to the player.

That's a good reason you have, but the reason of this thread is for people to tell about how they felt a about a game which they thought would be good, but just wasn't. For example, if i were to buy a bad game and i of course don't know it's bad, but it's one of the mario series so i except it to be good, i come home, play it and find out that it sucks. That's just how this thread were meant for.

Barney.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 30, 2015
Resident Evil 5.

I went in expecting a next gen Resi 4, and I got some awful co-op based stuff. Also..Why isn't it scary anymore!?

TheBigMan0706

Monster hunting Snivy
Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2016
Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for Booty. It's way too short to be a sequl to Tools of Destruction

Years
Sonic 06.

Yeah, I don't think I need to say much more.

ScruffySecond.jpg

It was terrible. I was hoping for more of an Adventure 2 feel.

And twocows:
HOW.
DARE.
YOU.

It's a great game, and it has a different feel than L4D has, to me it feels like a completely different game, and I like that.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 20, 2022
CoD4, all of my friends were all "ZOMG BEST GAEM EVER!!!!!11!1oneoneone!!!" but when I played It I got another mediocre FPS that was about as fun as watching paint dry, and the sequel (MW2) is even worse.

Okami Chi

El Guitar Man~
Years
Sonic the Hedgehog. (The new one) It got so much hype and it looked amazing, you play it to find it was the crap of the bottom of the shoe of the gaming world. I'm a fan boy of Sonic so it was a big let down. I think even Shadow the Hedgehog was better. :(

Years
I mentioned a few things that AC:CF actually took away from AC:WW. Namely animal pictures and the "mansion" house size.

Those were quite something to take away. The animal pictures were a popular feature in AC:WW, and it gave a lot of fans the motivation to keep a friendship with the animals and ultimately to keep on playing it altogether.

There's basically no reason to talk to the animals in CF at all, by the way. That is quite a downgrade too if you ask me.

And AC:CF is lacking plenty of what AC:GCN had. Quite a few of the animals that were present in the GCN version are still gone, the balls are gone, we still have the silly gate instead of the train (you can say it's not a bad change, but really it added to the atmosphere on AC:GCN), still no signboards and bushes, a few of the holidays are missing, the option to ask for errands from animals is missing, etc. etc.

I can't say much about ACWW, because I barely played it. Those things you mentioned about ACPG are pretty true. When I played ACPG all the time I never really thought too much of them, but I seem to notice the atmosphere it creates when I go back and play now. I also agree that the neighbours in ACCF are repetitive and tend not to say anything worth listening to.

I think that ACCF lacks originality and is ACPG with better graphics and more stuff. It lacks the impact ACPG had on me, so I don't prefer it, but I find that improved graphics and more content is all ACCF needed. The basic formula of the prequels remains, but I still find that entertaining and it's nice that it takes even longer than before to do everything (I'm not going to list everything you can do in AC, it'd take forever) while being as enjoyable as ever. I think the series needed a console game with online too. That gave ACCF a lot more replay value imo.

Oh yeah. You forgot about the NES games in ACPG. I loved those; it's a shame they're gone now :/

Years
Dragonball: Raging Blast. The graphics and cutscenes are great (which is why I bought it), but the melee system sucks IMO; all the attacks seem even more repetitive than BT3, and it was already pushing it.

And the energy clashes look super wimpy/fake. Again BT3's was better.
Final Fantasy XII. I like the game and all, as the battle system is super fun, but I really disliked basically every character except for Baltheir, who was pretty awesome.
Same here. I don't think Basch was that bad either, but I hate the rest especially Vaan. I mean, he sounds like he's got a cold, and he's consistently whining!

And the story seemed....I don't know how to word it.....unorganized? It was like the developers had a few cool ideas (like the Espers and the Sword of Kings) but they needed another good while to get their stuff straight before they started actually making into a game.
I haven't expected epic stories from FF in years, but the way XII ended felt... sorta premature. I got to the end and felt like "Wow, the end already?" which really took me out of the game. To this day I can't bring myself to pick it up and finish it off.
I know! It felt like there should have been one more segment of game left after defeating Vayne. And the whole Bahamut thing seemed to come from nowhere with no explanation, whatsoever. I was quite confused at this point.

jmadude

Keybledar43
Years
My biggest disappointment was Star Wars the Force Unleashed (Don't ask why I got the monstrosity). The game did have good graphics but it was very limited to what you could do you couldn't even revisit worlds freely without a stupid mission to do.

xPsychosocial

A girl with kaleidoscope eyes.
Years
Sonic Unleashed. Just hated it sooo bad. =\ I can't believe I pre-ordered it. I've been a big fan of Sonic for years and this was a real let down for me.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Sins of a Solar Empire. The gameplay, the primary selling-point part of the game, may seem novel but it has already been done by the older Imperium Galactical series, and better in my opinion. As I'd long played that before, I was underwhelmed with how the gaming industry appears not to to have since added anything to their gameplay concepts, rather than recycle old ones in the hopes that people had forgotten or that they could distract them with 'new' features (cue fridge logic moment as you realise said features could've been in the prequel of a given game and were in fact in older games). Graphics and sound are meh for this day and age too which doesn't help.

Verdict: I'm a retro 3D fan for a reason.

Last edited:

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
Years
Darksiders: Wrath of War.

Don't get me wrong, it's fun and all, but the storyline is utterly pathetic. It's not strong at all. It's like a filler to throw you into the action. It's too much of a God of War rip-off.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years
Naruto: Clash of Ninja Revolution 3.

They nerfed so many characters and removed Ino Yamanaka. I liked Revolution 2 better.

Tekno-Kanix

Perfectionist
Years
  • Seen Mar 7, 2010
Bioshock.

What the hell are you people raving about? It's an average shooter with sub-Resident Evil notes read aloud by a variety of ethnicities.

Back