• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What was the biggest video game dissapointment you have ever played?

Shiiny Pikachu

SUPER AWESOME SHINY PIKACHU
Years
  • Probably Scribblenauts (for the nintendo ds). The controls are horrible,and the game gets boring way too fast.

Ichigo_Kurosaki

*Cuts in half*
    Years
  • SimCity Societies-I mean come on THREE disasters. they couldve atleast included the fire.Also I despise the fact that there are no zones. That just completely ruined it for me,

*cuts in half*

Snooki Polizzi

I'm no guido. I'm a guidette.
    Years
  • The Sims 3 & the expansion pack
    It was such a let down, so many bugs and the game released with no good hairs or clothes. World adventures is stupid, I hate exploring tombs, the replay value is minimal. Even with an overwhelming number of mods and hacks I've implementted in the game, i've just lost intrest in the sereis.

Also, Every "Sonic" game after Sonic The Hedgehog (2006)
    I hate only being allowed to play as just Sonic. I love all of Sonic's friends! I love being able to play as each of them and seeing each of the awesome cinematic story lines unfold and eventually connect each of the playable characters. Oh and I LOVED the Chao Garden in Sonic Adventure 1 & 2. These new games they keep releasing for the Wii are so lame as if designed for 3 year olds. The games themselves seem to be reverting back to old tradition of making a 2D/3D side scrolling sonic who does nothing but run extremley fast to the end of a level, that's not fun, why do the majority of the fans think it is?

Finally, Paper Mario (Wii)
    I loved the series on the Nintendo and GC, but what the hell happened to the Wii version? Instead of getting to recruit actual characters I got to unlock stupid little sprite fairys. The game wasn't even in 3D, it was so annoying flipping between the two, I didn't even finish the game.

I know I was only supposed to pick one, but I couldn't decide x_x. Let's just say that so far there hasn't been a Wii game I actually liked.

Years
  • For me it would have to be Halo 3, before I got an Xbox360 my friends hyped that game up something awful. I just didn't enjoy the campaign or online at all.

Years
  • I would say the conduit

I knew it wasnt going to be amazing, but i didnt expect it to be as horrendous as it was.

Bad Graphics(even though the developers said they were good)
    Lame single player and ending
    Laggy and unbalanced multiplayer.

Sold it for $16 bucks(gamestop 2 months after it came out)Best sandwich and pack of gum i've ever bought.

latioslegends

What worries you masters you
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2019
    Company of Heroes Tales of Valor: Not saying its bad, but $30 for this?

Mirros Edge: Loved the art design, and sense of speed and parker, but.... the story and the length just weren't worth the price tag.

Command and Conquer 4: I expected something good, but the demo changed my mind. The graphics seemed like a downgrade, and the game play was a mediocre attempt at copying Company of Heroes, or Dawn of War. I hope EA at least ended the plot good.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Final Fantasy XII. I was seriously so excited to play it, and was so happy when I got it for Christmas.

But, honestly... that game was a mess. I didn't like the characters (save for Balthier, he's awesome), I didn't like the plot, and I REALLY didn't like the battle system (too much real time for me... haha, I know, I'm weak).

wee187

Beat 358/2 Days on 10/5/09
    Years
  • Final Fantasy XII. I was seriously so excited to play it, and was so happy when I got it for Christmas.

But, honestly... that game was a mess. I didn't like the characters (save for Balthier, he's awesome), I didn't like the plot, and I REALLY didn't like the battle system (too much real time for me... haha, I know, I'm weak).

Funny, FF12 is my all-time favorite FF game and I've played them all. xD Ashe just wins! Different tastes I guess :P Though I admit FF12 International was a HUGE improvement off of the orginal FFXII.

My biggest disappointment would be Pokemon Pearl. I dunno why, Sinnoh is too techy for me. Oddly enough... I loved Platinum. (wtf lol!? O_O)

Vindel

Team Rocket's Worst Nightmare
    Years
  • Mass Effect 1: I honestly loved this game, but I thought it was going to be longer. :(

Borderlands: The action isn't as cool as I thought it was going to be.

Kingdom Hearts 385 1/2 Days: I just couldn't get into it.

Any new Sonic/Mario game: What happened?

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    E [beep] T for the [beep] Atari 2600. [beep], it's such a piece of [beep], it [beep] makes [beep] MW2 look [beep] good. I'd pay a [beep] dollar for it and nothing more. I think I found a copy in Value Village, I want it for funsies.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Shin Megami Tensei: Devils Survivor.

It's a great game and the plot is intriguing, but that's part of the problem, actually. I was playing it all funsies, I get up to the first boss, and all my characters are OHKOd. I'm not grinding for hours just to beat the first boss! No way! I wanted to see how the plot continued, too; how the story pans out, but no, it has to be so. Damn. Hard.

Vindel

Team Rocket's Worst Nightmare
    Years
  • Oh, Final Fantasy 7. Am I missing something? I don't see how this is the best game ever.

PsychoJigglypuff

Crazy and Loving It!
    Years
  • Pokemon Battle Revolution for the Wii.
    You buy it thinking it would be the next pokemon stadium, but then find out it is everything BUT pokemon stadium.

-There are no rental pokemon, just rental passes, which you are very limited on. It's kind of dissapointing buying the game RIGHT after you start over your version too, 'cause they expect you to use your own pokemon.
    -You only have a few stadium matches with different difficulty levels. Absolutely NO cup series or Gym matches.
    -No fun mini-games.
    -No Earls library to teach you all the cool move combos that you never knew existed.
    -Nothing to unlock. Seriously, unlocking that mewtwo battle in Stadium 1 was like the most epic thing ever.

The only good thing about it is random Wi-Fi battles.

I second this so much. I adored the Stadium games, and when I heard of Battle Revolution, I thought that it would be an improved Stadium game with all of the new Pokemon, but in the end it was a major disappointment.

Also, all of the Raving Rabbid sequels, with the exception of Rabbids Go Home, were rather disappointing, since it was pretty much the first game, except without a clear goal, and watered down mini games. There was actual challenge, in the first game.

Although, I was expecting Rabbids Go Home to be disappointing as well, since I got it for Christmas instead of a game I really wanted. I have tried to trade it in to Gamestop a few times, but I ended up not doing it. After a while, I finally sat down and played it with a friend, and to my surprise, it was actually fun. It kept our attention for hours, which is hard to do, since I am distracted easily.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Battle Revolution won't even LOAD PROPERLY on my system (that's for copying your friend's disc). It just freezes. I looked around a bit and it was actually cut down because of ESR[beep]B.

Back