• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What was the biggest video game dissapointment you have ever played?

oFrEqUeNTx

Pip-To-Da-Lups!
Years
  • Prototype. Bleh, the story was awful, the controls were terrible, and there was so much going on in the game sometimes it would freeze my PS3. It was alot less then I excpected...

Last edited:

PokeFreakBror

I never use this site.
    Years
  • Me posting on my own thread? Weird, but i need to post, i have wanted to say in all eternity! That means about two months, but the most dissapointing game i have ever played is definently. Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks. What a waste of money and time.

The controls were fcked up bad. The storyline is ridicoules, and how the hell did hyrule get unflooded (it's a sequel to phantom hourglass where hyrule is flooded). And no pieces of hearts?! And the train ride is slow as a snail lifting a car -_-. And the train upgrades are horrible, all they do is make your train ugly and have a little extra life. And i don't even know if there was any sword upgrades (i sold the game before i even got any). And the trains had been there since ancients times? ! Hyrule had just been flooded for gods sake. Whew... it's nice to finally get this stuff off hand ....

Esmas

General
    Years
  • "Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days" was probably THE biggest video game disappointment in my life. I know a lot of people will be against me, but the horrible, messy graphics and confusing gameplay imo is just a bad game. For how much it cost me and for all the choices I had, it was a total rip-off. I mean, I had the choice between a bunch of games like Rangers: Shadows of Almia and Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky, but my choice was that. Ugh ;__;

...And maybe Diamond was a bit of a disappointment, but it was still good, just not as good as I'd hoped.

GodofPH

Submarket Zydrate Dealer
    Years
  • "Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days" was probably THE biggest video game disappointment in my life. I know a lot of people will be against me, but the horrible, messy graphics and confusing gameplay imo is just a bad game. For how much it cost me and for all the choices I had, it was a total rip-off. I mean, I had the choice between a bunch of games like Rangers: Shadows of Almia and Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky, but my choice was that. Ugh ;__;

I have to greatly disagree. I thought the series was ported to the DS very well, and I was particularly impressed with how well the control scheme was ported onto the DS. As for the graphics, it is again, the DS and for the system, it has some pretty nice 3D. Not to mention the story almost brought me to tears.

As for disappointments, Sonic Heroes immediately comes to mind. I remember in 2003, when I had come to love the Sonic Adventure titles on the Gamecube and their darker stories; then this game comes along with a heavy dose of linearity and a much lighter story. I wanted Sonic Adventure 3, not this.

Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2010
    Zelda II
    The Adventure of Link, you are tasked with restoring six crystals to their respective palaces across Hyrule in order to access the Great Palace and claim the Triforce which has the power to break the spell that is enchanting Zelda. The game is well known for its extreme difficulty, introduction of side-scrolling gameplay and an experience/leveling system, as well as spells (taught throughout the game by different wise men) that can be used in combat and for completing certain parts of the game.

loliwin

→ Level 69
    Years
  • Some people may disagree with me, but I think Pokemon Battle Revolution was the biggest disappointment for me. I thought it looked awesome when I first saw it, but when I played it, I thought it was the worst Pokemon game ever made. The commentator just pissed me off (even though you could shut his mouth. :) ), it was kinda slow for me, and there was not much to do. Plus online is just, bad.

I like Pokemon Colosseum and XD Gale of Darkness though. :)

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2010
    Has to be Assassins Creed! I had decided to pre-order the limited edition off of Play and was so excited for its release. It was one of those shiny cases with the holograms on, which means quite a lot to me as I'm a bit of a collector. It all went wrong however. My friends got it a day early and started telling me how good it was. I waited, it never came. Day of its release, still no delivery. A week later, nothing. My excitement all the while was getting more and more intense, my frustrations getting worse. I was absolutely distraught and didn't know what to do in case it was lost in the post, but ended up ordering a used limited edition off Ebay. I reckon Play had lied to me, given out more pre-orders than they could handle as that copy of it never came, and I had to wait ages to get my refund. The one off Ebay did arrive, and despite the odd dent it was in relatively good condition. Anyway, I had hoped all of the wait and frustrations had been worth it; I chucked the game on and... Well... it wasn't exactly what I had been expecting it to be. The game-play was repetitive and boring and the world itself wasn't really that immersive. I ended up never finishing it. Such a shame, as it has an incredibly good concept for a game.

Years
  • MW2 had a great campaign but I hate the MP. When you unlock the half decent guns, it isn't bad, but at he beginning it is hell when you have like the worst guns when everyone else has thermal snipers and the works.

SegaSaturnGal

Chibi Amitie says "Yay!"
    Years
  • Five words: Sonic and the Black Knight. Secret Rings was okay, but Black Knight was ABSOLUTE CRAP. I don't even play it anymore.

AmitieFan985

Let's Drill!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2011
    Now for my list of games that I've found to be disappointing:

Spyro Enter the Dragonfly: If this game weren't rushed, it'll probably be just as good as the PS1 games.
    Bubble Bobble Double Shot: No save or password feature.
    Kirby Squeak Squad: Imo, this game was a letdown to me.
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl: Still a good game, but for some reason, didn't enjoy it as good as Melee.
    Banjo-Kazooie Nuts 'n Bolts: Why put vehicles in the game?

institutions

ain't that a kick in the head?
    Years
  • Left 4 Dead 2 -
    Preordered and waited for a month up until the release. I played the demo over and over and loved it. Since I got it on the day of release, I've only played each chapter once.

Mirrors Edge -
    Oh my god. The demo had me going "This will be the greatest game EVER." Really disappointed. Would have liked a larger free-roamable game type. Instead, every corner I turn, there are more enemies. The buying point for me was the great first person free-running controls. Outside of prologue, I hated it. Don't get me started on the Time Trials/Speed Runs.

Grand Theft Auto 4 -
    Please, please let us go to the other islands right off the bat next time. I don't want to play through the storyline to be able to roam free around the city. I bought this game for the same reason I did the other GTAs, bloody rampages and helicopter getaways.

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years

I have to mainly disagree as well. Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days was very exceptional game. When does graphics make the game? for one that is GOOD graphics for a 3D Ds game, Square-Enix has been known to push the limits in to carts/PS2 Disc, they pretty much use every space they can put into just a cart, the game play is pretty much the same as KH/KH2, just the Panel system was different, the lock on was different, and the "Short-Cut" was still there. Not to mention the scenes where it shows the "Ps2 graphics" were in there, Plus voice acting, which made it even more better. yeah Days is ONE game that I would highly recommend getting.

I found another disappointing game...
    FFVII DoC. I mean it was okay. just bored me to death. Sorry, It wasnt as I expected it to be.

Mr Marine

The Legedary Pirate
    Years
  • Zero wing,HOW ARE YOU GENTLEMEN ,ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US

The intro was the best part ,the game sucked over all

second dissapointment was assasin creed,It fail x.x

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • Pokemon Battle Revolution for the Wii.
    You buy it thinking it would be the next pokemon stadium, but then find out it is everything BUT pokemon stadium.

-There are no rental pokemon, just rental passes, which you are very limited on. It's kind of dissapointing buying the game RIGHT after you start over your version too, 'cause they expect you to use your own pokemon.
    -You only have a few stadium matches with different difficulty levels. Absolutely NO cup series or Gym matches.
    -No fun mini-games.
    -No Earls library to teach you all the cool move combos that you never knew existed.
    -Nothing to unlock. Seriously, unlocking that mewtwo battle in Stadium 1 was like the most epic thing ever.

The only good thing about it is random Wi-Fi battles.

Agent Clank

Bye PC
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    Splinter Cell on The DS I Was Super Excited To Get Home and Play Then :disappoin Oh My Goodness It Was a Major Dissapointment.

TundraCanine

Shizuku
    Years

• ...And maybe Diamond was a bit of a disappointment, but it was still good, just not as good as I'd hoped.

the main problem I had with D/P/Pt, was that there was never really any diversity in the main story teams, I mean they usually consisted of your Starter, Floatzel (If not water starter), Staraptor, Garchomp, Luxray, and maybe 1 other.

Last edited:
    Back