• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen What was the hardest part of R/S/E when you started playing it?

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    In Emerald it has been catching a diverse group 0o;; My pokedex is only at 54!!! WTH??

-.-;; Can't seem to find anything other than common ones. Have to look harder after the E4 ^^

Mystic

Care for some Tea?
    Years
    • Age 37
    • USA
    • Seen Oct 5, 2007
    Probly Norman. I don't know why but even on my fourth or fifth time playing it I still have trouble with it. I barely defeated him with my Mahukita (sp?) on my current game. He was about Lv. 30 at the time.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Hmmm....I found Norman easier than a particular trainer that inhabited his gym. Can't remember which room though >.<;;

None of the Gyms were too hard except Liza and Tate for me.

Mystic

Care for some Tea?
    Years
    • Age 37
    • USA
    • Seen Oct 5, 2007
    pokejungle said:
    Hmmm....I found Norman easier than a particular trainer that inhabited his gym. Can't remember which room though >.<;;

None of the Gyms were too hard except Liza and Tate for me.

When I first started to play Ruby, about three of the Gym Leaders was hard for me. Tate & Liza, Norman and Flannery. I think Flannery was hard was because I didn't really have the right Pokemon. A careless mistake by me. The wierd thing is that I've been playing Pokemon since about the time it came out over here. :confused:

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Flannery gave me some trouble in Ruby too. Something about using Sceptile to beat her XD

lok

Pokemon Battle Master
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2005
    Liza and Tate is hardest! Earthquake + Psychic!!! my pokemon can't stand long under their attacks! I spent lot of time to defeat them.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    The maze wasn't *that* hard IMHO.

But I liked it better than the Ruby version. Emerald's was easier XD

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    those stupid f***ing slaking from normans gym the second time i played it, actually both times xD swampert beat tate and liza with surf xD

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    XD I trained up a Shark. Whatever those things are called. To beat her. Dark/water was the perfect combo XD

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • When I went against Flannery the first time, all I had was a Combusken, an Aron, and a Skarmory, so I had to shut my game off and turn it on again three or four times because of Torkoal. All my pokemon were male, and it would use Attract then Overheat on Aron and Skarmory then Body Slam on Combusken (which would ALWAYS paralyze it), and if I ever got it down to a few HP, Flannery would use Hyper Potion on it and defeat me. I have no idea how I finally won =/

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    I think the best think to do for Flannery is catch a magikarp and train it to a Gyrados. OHKO for each pokemon of hers I'd guess.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Hardest part in ruby? Probaly the elite four the first time I played all my pokemon were under-trained but that always happens to me when I play a new pokemon game and the fourth time I played through Ruby Drake was a little bit hard because the only pokemon that had an ice attack was Wailord with a nature that takes down special attack plus that my pokemon were under-trained again >_<.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • Norman was the hardest in R/S, but in Emerald I had the most trouble against Liza and Tate. That Claydol was awful... x.x
    Juan's Kingdra was pretty tough too. Especially since it has Double Team and Chesto Rest... x.x

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Ya...Juan's kindra used double team x10 + kept resting x.x;;;

I had to restart and just keep blasting it with thunderbolt XD

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2005
    I hate Steven's Metagross in Ruby. I can easily wipe out his other Pokemon, but Meteor Smash is an attack from hell. FROM HELL.

'Tis why I'm currently training a Metang.

Nine

Kirby + Pineapples = Love
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Jun 11, 2007
    Probably the beginning, suffering through training Ralts. o_o

Or the Electric gym leader, can't remember his name... I dunno why, everyone else was easy EXCEPT HIM.

Back