• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What was your most OMGWTF moment in D/P/Pt

loliwin

→ Level 69
Years
  • Well, I encountered a shiny Onix..... when I was about to capture it with a Ultra Ball, it was nearly going to be captured, so I couldnt look at my DS, so I closed my eyes. When I opened my eyes, I found out that the screen went black. OMGWTF I TURNED OFF MY DS.

Doogle3097

Hola.
    Years
  • When I caught my first legendary ever, back in 2007. I agreed to give my masterball to my friend so he could catch Mesprit, and I managed to catch Dialga with just a great ball! I was so happy. :D

Cresselia

Plasma Elite
    Years
  • All of my WTF moments were on the GTS. I got a shiny Japanese legit untouched Palkia that someone was trying to clone by trading them a lv. 100 Mantine. >:D I also snagged a shiny Dialga, although it was hacked.

ThatsTakao

Hiya!
    Years
  • Catching a Shiny Snowver or Abmasnow, I don't remember which, on my friend's game and then he released it cause it was mine.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Mine was when I finnaly made it to Uxie and I got it to 1 hp and...

I had NO Pokeballs!!!!! :cer_disbelief:

Then I found and cought a shiny Tentacruel and my game shutoff! Grr... :cer_disbelief:

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Capturing a shiny Cresselia when it appeared in the wild. I did not have Wobbuffet, nor Mean Look, nor Block, just a Master Ball. Then, I won one!

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2023
    My Aggron Surviving a Surf with one HP left from a EV'd Latias. my face literally looked like this- 0__________________________0

Cold Fusion

When you laugh, you gain luck.
    Years
  • When my first attempt trying to catch Azelf, I had battled the thing into the red section on the HP bar and tried to capture it too find I had only forgotton to go Pokeball shopping and only had two Pokeballs left. Yes, I'm too lazy to buy many Pokeballs...I just save the money up and later regret it. That's when I shut the game down and remembered to go shopping. :/

Universal

Musician
    Years
  • The battle tower,many bad momments ;-;

One momment that made me say WTF was pokemons out speeding my Jolteon but not Espeon..(OH CMON..THATS LIKE 393 SPEED DEVIDED BY 2!!!)
    Then the guy ended up OHKOing all my pokes D;
    Another was getting owned by critical hit..I had my umbreon,torturing this Ambipom,It had half of its HP left,i was going to use moon light(Since Ambipom took about Half of my HP,and i had left overs which got it back to green) Ambipom uses double hit,first hit ended up being a critical hit..The hit of WTF ;-; And i
    ended up losing D;

NEVER TRUST ZEH BATTLE TOWER!! IT IS FULL OF LIES! Dx

Nero_

Flygon Flock!~
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2010
    When I first got Platinum, after playing for almost two hours i took a brake then went back to my DS and not thinking, I turned my DS off without saving. >__> Epic fail! I was pretty mad. :P

Years
  • I had mine this morning... been trying to get used to the whole EV training thing, wanted a Froslass with a timid nature, so I started breeding Snorunts with Sudowoodos for Block and for the nature... after four hours of hatching eggs, finally got a timid nature Snorunt that knew Block...

...and it was male.

/facepalm

(Froslass can only evolve from female Snorunts >_<)

MsHailstorm

Smooth Criminal~
    Years
  • Probably when I started chaining for the first time, and I actually got a shiny Starly.
    Then I realized I hadn't had any Pokeballs the whole time. D:

yaya0

は真優勝
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2015
    I have three shiny Gyarados. All of them were hatched from... eggs.

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
    Years
  • just this morning. Some how I had never noticed that "Spring path", and decided to walk through. I then get to that cave, explore and find giratina... on my diamond version! I thought you could only get giratina on plat..... so I was pretty shocked. Going to start trying to catch it soon, after I find my ds charger...

humanguy2000

NSMBW hacker
    Years
  • I saw shiny giratina on platinum and I was like OMG! Shiny giratina! And.... the game crashed. Me: :(

Later.... Another shiny giratina! me: :) Suddenly.... Battery ran out. Me: NOOOOOOOO!

Back