• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What year did u get into pokemon?

xDaisuke0

Aspiring Professor
    Years
    Oh gosh, i honestly don't remember the year. But I watched the show first and it was right when it started, a couple episodes in and I was addicted.
    Didn't know about the games for a while though haha. Yellow was my first ;]

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2010
    I Have played my brothers around Red&blue but when i really got into it was When Silver was released

Years
    Wow, I must be the only late-comer to the game series. I never picked up a Pokemon game until Diamond/Pearl came out in 2007. Up until that time I was of the mindset that Pokemon was a dumb little kids game. Then I overheard some coworkers talking about it and got involved in the conversation. Until then I never knew the complexity of the game when you get into competitive battling. The next week I reserved my copy of Pearl and having been loving the game since.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    I started watching the anime around '99 when I was 5 but didn't get my first pokemon game till 2003 for my birthday (pkmn Ruby).

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2010
    I'm surprised that everyone here got into it when it came out. I, too, got into Pokemon around 1998. I never watched the anime, even at 8 years old I thought it was lame. But the games and TCG were epic back in the days of elementary school.

Conkercorner

Professional Pikachu Burner
    Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2010
    I've been around since the start. Love it all. But I HATE the DAMN anime! It's evil!

Syphr

Happy to meet new people ^^
    Years
    As soon as it came out, I still remember buying Pokemon Blue in Target. :D

Sardonix

::Divinity AllSpark Holder::
    Years
    I got into Pokemon around 1998 when the trading card popularity really spiked in the area that I was in. I started out with Red and Blue and from there on, I've played just about every Pokemon RPG known. I've even played a few hacks, some being REALLY, REALLY bad and poorly made. I have to say that 2nd Gen is, by far, my favorite and probably always will be. I mean, Gold and Silver were the only games in the series where you could go to two different regions. No other game has that.

Years
    It was in second grade, when the first games came out, sooo.....

I would say 1998. Since I know I was definitely into it before the first movie came out.

Kristine

Pokemon Addict Since 1998
    Years
    I got into it in 1998 with Pokemon Trading Cards and Red and Blue versions. Since then I've had Yellow, Silver, Gold, Crystal, Pokemon Pinball for GBC, Pokemon Puzzle Challenge for GBC, Fire Red, Leaf Green, Emerald, Ruby, Sapphire, Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Soul Silver, Pokemon Colosseum for GC, and Pokemon XD for GC. ^_^

Back