• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen What's your favorite starter?

What's your favorite starter?

• Total voters

Eevee_girl

Ich weiss nicht.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 18, 2022
    On my first file on Silver, I picked Chikorita. I like it look-wise better than Cyndaquil. However, Cyndaquil is so adorable. B( I seriously want to have a real one.

Aureol

Kanto/Electric-Type Enthusiast
    Years
    I'm gonna go with Totodile... although I hate all 3 final forms equally.

Years
    Toadadille all the way. Totoadille is a toad and a croc. Plus he learns great moves and has okay stats.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2014
    I like Cyndaquil the best. Totodile's a close second!

I don't really like Chikorita, but maybe that's because when I trained it it kept fainting because I don't really have much time to play until night, when the Spinarak are out...

Somber

Dark Trainer..
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2010
    In silver it would be Cyndaquil, he was my first in johto, though CHarmander is my all time favorite starter, he was my first pokemon back in blue version

Aero Blitz

Faster Than Sceptile
    Years
    Totodile is my favorite, I have a tendency to lean towards the water starter in all the generations.

Arcelio

This was a triumph.
    Years
    I had to choose Cyndaquil as my favorite starter. I remember the first day I got Pokemon Gold. I tossed the cartridge into my Gameboy Color, flipped the POWER switch, plugged in my headphones, and got carried away to the Johto region. My first choice was, as in Pokemon Red/Blue, the badass Fire-type Pokemon. I grabbed a Cyndaquil, ran off to Cherrygrove, ran back to New Bark, gave the Egg to Elm, then left (accidentally forgetting to say goodbye to my mother). I remember going on a Mono-Pokemon challenge with every Pokemon game I had, until I realized that I should probably be training other Pokemon than my Starter. Hell, sometimes, I would just leave my Starter Pokemon in a PC Box, grab a Ratatta or Pidgey, and just go through the entire game with that one Pokemon, evolving it whenever it reached it's level of evolution, teaching it whatever TM I needed to to get past a trainer that was beating me.

I have great memories of going on Mono-Pokemon challenges with just my Raticate, going against Chuck and constantly getting stomped by his Poliwrath's Mind Reader+DynamicPunch combination. Or surfing through the ocean, using my Typhlosion to battle off all the Tentacool and Tentacruel that came our way. Good times.

chadgraphix

the Fame.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2011
    Chikorita is the cutest, but my favorite is Cyndaquil. Fire's like my main type of Pokemon.

Years
    Chikorita for me. Tododile is my least favourite water starter; although it's cute (still, it evolves into the ugly feraligator...). Cindiquil is alright, but I've never been a big fan of typhlosion. Plus, meganium can be a real pain when used right >:D

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    Even though I tend to pick Cyndaquil out of my love of fire starters, I'm going to have to go with Chikorita. Not only is it adorable but, in my opinion, it stays adorable throughout all of its evolutions. <3

TheBlackRose

Pikachus and Apples
    Years
    I'm choosing Cyndaquil purely due to Nostalgia/Memories.

I love them all equally due to them all being a different style and look;
    Totodile's Grin
    Chikorita's Charm
    Cyndaquil's Innocent looks

But other then the fact I chose Cyndaquil as my very first starter of the entire series, I wouldn't be able to choose. (Stats are meaningless to me most of the time >_>)

Sero

私はセクシーです
    Years
    I used to love Cyndaquil. I gave it up for Totodile. It's a crocodile that can shoot infinite streams of high pressured water and totally pwns cyndaquil.

Mongo

Go Mets!
    Years
    I picked Totodile, never played with either of the others. I really like how all three evolutionary lines look, though.

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2018
    I played with Cyndaquil and Totodile interchangably; never ever picked Chikorita... not really sure why to be honest.

Back