• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen What's your favorite starter?

What's your favorite starter?

• Total voters

Erin

Exceptionally Adequate
    Years
    • Age 32
    • SA
    • Seen Nov 14, 2010
    Chikorita!!

I usually play Crystal, && in that version, there's a patch of grass just outside Violet City with Growlithe in it, which to me is a good alternative to Cyndaquil.

As for Totodile... Feraligatr's cool, but there's a number better water pokemon to choose from, imo.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2010
    totodile was awsome cyndaquil was pretty good too but chikorita was awful

Ecstatic

Chilling out.
    Years
    Cyndaquil was the first Pokemon I ever witnessed, so I would have to say Cyndaquil, and not because of it's easy advantage at the starting of the game, but because of the creativity of the whole beast, and how it has fire spouting out of it's back, I like it all together, than, it evolves into the all mighty Typhlosion!

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 1, 2010
    Cyndaquil.
    Fire's always been my fav. Except for D/P/PL.
    Fire monkey? Really?

Velvex the Øverlørd

The Apparition
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2013
    Totodile all the way. I absolutely love Feraligatr, my favorite non-Ghost type Pokemon, plus it's got an amazing physical attack stat.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2018
    Chickorita was my first pick when I was young, then I played through the game with cyniquil, then I played through with totodile, and I can safely say the typhlosion felt like a much more reliable pokemon then all the others (in my own opinion of course). Once I get SoulSilver ill be picking cyndiquil

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Oddly enough, The johto starters are the only set in which I don't prefer the grass-type, instead preferring Cyndaquil. Chikorita and especially its evolutions lack that intimidating edge that make them cool-looking imo. >_<

Years
    Cyndaquil because I love it and Quilava but Typhlosion is possibly my least favorite out of all 12 starters in existance (apart from maybe Prinplup)
    I LOVE Bayleaf and Meganium so I usually choose Chikorita even though I despise the mini mini buds around its neck.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2010
    Totodile really needs more votes! I always went with cyndaquil, but that was before I realized the genious of Totodile.

Back