• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your sexuality?

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
  • I like to identify as "Queer," because I feel that gives people the essential idea they need to know about my sexuality - that is, not straight - while still leaving it open for anything to change if it does.​

Yeah I can relate to you.

I identify as queer just because I know I'm not straight but I'm still working everything else out. I've known since forever but have only really come to terms with it and started accepting my sexuality more in the last year and a half, and I only started coming out to close friends in the last couple of months. So far everyone I've told has been super supportive, haven't told my family yet and I'm a bit worried about their reaction but I'll get there. And I guess for me, coming out step by step has helped me accept my sexuality more and feel more comfortable with it and moving on with my life, because questions about my sexuality pretty much 'plagued' my teenage years hahah..

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    All I know is that I'm definitely not straight, but I stopped trying to find a label on my sexuality. The last label I clung onto was "bisexual" but I felt that it was too broad and that it didn't really describe how I feel.

I'm straight.

maybe a Demisexual, yeah I think so, but that's not about what gender I'm attracted to
    I'd just like to comment that sexuality is a broad field that encompasses sex, gender, and sexual orientation, among other things. So in a sense, it's also about what gender you're attracted to.

FullMetal_Ashheart

The Heart and Soul of Fire
    Years
  • I'm actually bisexual. For the longest time, I was actually straight, but when I started noticing females in a different way, and it started in high school, and I sill have attraction to males, so I actually like both genders.

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
  • There are more... sexualities than just straight/bi/homosexual? Not to sound rude or ignorant, but I don't think I've ever heard of these terms anyone here is using other than the ones I mentioned above. x.o"

I'm straight and confident of it. When I was younger, I tried to question it, wanting to know the truth. But I've never felt any attraction to other men before.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • There are more... sexualities than just straight/bi/homosexual? Not to sound rude or ignorant, but I don't think I've ever heard of these terms anyone here is using other than the ones I mentioned above. x.o"
    I don't think many of these terms are widely understood or accepted outside of a few specific online communities. As for the things they describe, I think a few of them make sense as valid alternative sexualities, but some of them have nothing (or very little) to do with sexuality at all. It varies.

Here's what I understand. Many of these are terms invented to describe slight variations to the three that you named, some of them are an attempt to put stuff that isn't really sexuality in the same category as sexuality, and some of them come from the disparity between "gender identity" and biological sex that some people feel. That's about as far as my knowledge as an outsider goes; I'm no expert, to be sure. I don't really pay much attention to it because I believe it's really just semantics. I think we're perfectly capable of explaining all this stuff using universally known and accepted terminology. It might take a few extra words, but it's better than than only being understood by a small minority of people even on the internet. Your "ignorance" of what is basically jargon isn't atypical; I'm pretty sure most people outside of the communities that tend to use these words have no idea what they're talking about, either (though it's sometimes possible to infer from context).

For me, it's pretty simple. I'm only sexually or romantically interested in people who were born female and are currently female. There's a slight complication in the kind of girl I'm attracted to, but I won't get into that. And for me, sexual interest and romantic interest are two different things. Sexual interest is just biology; I don't have any control over what I find attractive, I just feel that way. It's like feeling scared or feeling impressed; you have no significant control over the sorts of things that make you feel like that. Romantic interest is a lot more complex and relies a lot more on how I feel about the kind of person someone is. Sexual attractiveness is a part of that, but it's not the only part or even the most important part.

Years
  • I know for sure that I'm straight, but I had my bi-curious moments just a year ago. I'm confident af about that now.
    Edit: So, yes I'm straight. (it appears I wasn't clear about that, I might be misunderstood.)

Also bewbs!

Last edited:

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
    Years
  • Unfortunately, a very heteroromantic, homosexual. I haven't really fallen for a guy personality-wise while I've had many great romantic encounters with women and I still have strong romantic feelings for my ex-girlfriend before I came out. I almost kind of don't like dudes, but then boom. They get me going sexually and I've only been successful with men. I touched a vag before and nothing. I kind of thought it was gross actually. It's almost as if my mind is telling me no, but my body is telling me yes when it comes to men.

I've actually been thinking of dating trans-women, but I would feel awful for thinking about them sexually as a male and not entirely as woman. My bestie is a transwoman so it really strikes at home for me.

shatteredxfrost

i'm writing my own damn story
    Years
  • Recently came out to my parents (like, three days ago recent) that I'm bisexual but I've known for sure since December last year though I figured something was up about two years ago.

Parents took it very well, though! My best friend has absolutely no problem with it either. I'm definitely fortunate to have them in my life.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Mostly hetero, but so content to keep to myself that I usually go by asexual. I'm romantically fulfilled by my friends and have no desire for a particular partner. Sex is just something fun to do with one's friends, the way I see it, but as I said, I don't really care whether or not it comes up.

How often do you feel the role of sexual orientation and polyamory mix together? While figuring yourself out, did discovering those aspects of yourself come hand-in-hand? If so, in what way?

Do you feel that polyamory has a "coming out" stage like non-heterosexual orientations?

What do you think is more tiresome - dealing with people trying to understand your sexual orientation, or your polyamorous lifestyle?
    I don't think they mix at all. How would they?

No, but then I don't feel anything needs to have a coming out stage.

The former, if only because the latter never comes up. I've been asked about my sexuality, but these people either just assume I subscribe to their romantic ideals, or don't even think about it because of that assumption being so ingrained into our culture.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I am a heterosexual, though I do remember a friend of mine was trying to convince me that I'm bisexual, after mistaking a male character as a female in an image I use to like.

Bidoof FTW

[cd=font-family:carter one; font-size:13pt; color:
    Years
  • I'm straight. I find girls attractive and I've only dated girls so far.

I definitely have found men to be attractive, and still do (both physically and personality wise) , but for some reason I just can't picture myself dating another man.

I'm quite content with my feelings :t360:

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
  • I'm pretty straight, but if I like you in a way that I'm emotionally attracted to you outside of a friendship, then what's the harm in trying something new. But my goto answer is that I'm straight. I like women and women doesn't like me. I have no problems with people of other sexualities because some of my closest IRL buds are gay or bisexual. They are awesome people to be with.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I'm a lesbian, though I unfortunately will flirt with guys also just because flirting is fun, and that sometimes gets me in awkward situations. Whoops.

I've had feelings for guys before, but that's been online on both occasions, so I think that was more just falling for their personality. If we had physically met, it wouldn't worked even if I had wanted to, me thinks. In general, online and offline, I've always been into girls.

Eden

Right you are, Ken!
    Years
  • I'm bi (or pan if you really want to debate that term), but lean towards being attracted to guys more than other girls.

Zehn

[color=red][font=Foto Serif]Sacred[/font][/color][
    Years
  • I'm straight, but I have always had a strong sex drive, like overpowering. But I have learned to live with it

PerseusRad

Cracked Egg
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2018
    Heterosexual. When I was younger, I questioned whether or not I had a hidden attraction for men, but I realized that I had only ever been attracted to women, and needlessly questioning myself was ridiculous.

Years
  • I've known I was gay without knowing what gay was since I was young. When I was like five, I had a husband (another boy in my class), and couldn't figure out why it was wrong. I then tried to force myself to like girls, but ... I wound up coming out when I was like eleven or so? My parents found out when I was probably thirteen. It didn't go well. It wasn't until later in life we got on better terms about it.
    I'm confident in my sexuality. I can definitely appreciate the beauty of a woman, but I'm not sure if I could find myself in a relationship with one. But, you never know!

As of right now, though, I'm happy with my boyfriend n_n

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I'm bisexual, there were struggles and confusion from myself and hate from those who learned about it. But I learned to live with it, happy about it, lovin' it and unapologetic about it.

Back