• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Where did you get your username from?

DGexe

Taunter
    Years
    Didn't I answer one of these already...?

Anyway! Mine's kind of a long story... but waaay back in the wee-days of my forum-going, one of my first screen names that stuck was "Death Guardian". Auugh it sounds so cliche and horrid now, but everyone knew it and apparently were too lazy to type that all out...

So they shortened it on the forum I went to as "DG". It stuck. Over the years I grew away from "Death Guardian" and folks began to simply know me as "DG" instead to the point where the former name was nearly obliterated. I can only think of one place I actively go that still uses "Death Guardian" or some variation.

Now, the "exe" part... well, that spawned from the fact that I, at one point, was a huge Megaman/Rockman Battle Network fan and thus thought it OH SO LOVELY to stick "exe" on the end of "DG". The obligatory period is missing due to the fact that my first ever usage of "DGexe" was on AIM and AIM doesn't allow a period to be used in such a manner. >:I

So there you go. DGexe just "stuck" as my screen name.

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
    Years
    My username is anagram of my real name with an "X" added to it. It was inspired by Kingdom Hearts II.

kyunyo

-nomnomnomnom-
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2010
    - inspiration: Korean priest and poet.

PFFT. NOT.
    I didn't know that the same name is shared and the person existed until I googled my already made name. xP
    Oh wells, it's the pronunciation of a medicine I literally live on.

Yeah. -lames-

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
    I used to go by Gunn Yoshiaki, which is a name of a fictional character and was soon shortened to just Gunn. Not my first username on PC and I'm too embarrassed to mention that. Then I had Disintegration because, ... I dunno, it sounds cool like most -tion words. I'm actually thinking about doing it again.

After that, two of my friends and I did this "-KiLL!" username trend (I had MechaniKiLL!, one had SurgiKiLL! and the other had ElectriKiLL! ... any word that ended with -cal would work). We ended up calling ourselves The KiLLers! har har. Fun while it lasted but eventually grew from me.

Now I have Fall Poet; comes from my favorite band Poets of the Fall.

Also, I'm lame.

Adri-chan

What the fruit?
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 28, 2012
    My sister gave me this nickname when I was nine, and I've used it ever since. Except now it's been shortened to just Adri.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
    Years
    I got my name from wanting to be called Pikachu on another site. Of course that was already taken, so I chose Peeky chew instead, it turned out to be a much more popular name then Pikachu ever would have been. And I've won lots of awards for most orignal name on forums :)

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    Crusher: Well, it just came to my mind at the time of registering. I though that it sounded cool, so..

Derozio: I came across it in my histroy textbook and I thought 'OMG! Its soooo COOL!'. Thus, I kept it. ;3

Years
    My username comes from the 386 pokémon that existed when I created it,
    and I also liked shiny pokémon.
    So there you have it shiny386.

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
    Years
    My username's origin comes from a liquid which you can swim in, and the colour that suits it..

My past usernames all came from the things I like, except for IceCharizard, which was totally random xD

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 10, 2015
    I got my username from my love of snow.. and well, I thought it sounded better with the "-wy" at the end.
    I think it sounds cute anyway.

Snowwy. ♥

dc_united

Josh Wicks doesn't like you
    Years
    The greatest soccer team in the world, DC United. And because Americans love to sue each other, I'm surprised some legal busybody at RFK Stadium hasn't made me change it.

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    Glion - Was trying to think of a username, and Glion is Gliscor's Japanese name, so I chose it.

CyberGlion - Added in cyber because I thought it made it look better. That's about it.

Blazing Gliscor - Well, I was trying to think of a different name...

Yuukinoh - Misspelling of Snover's Japanese name, I think. I was well aware of it even before the change, but I prefer this spelling anyway, so I kept it.

That should be it for now.

Back