• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Where is Isshu? Confirmed - New York

Where is Isshu?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
Years
  • oh rocky stfu and shove ur negative attitude down ur ***beep ...thats soo not yin-yang :P lol
    and my name isnt coolnick, but coolnick37 :D
    How am I being negative when your the one cussing? And it's not Rocky it is rocky505 :badsmile:

coolnick37

Absolute Power
    Years
  • im cussing? what r u talking about i was just pointing out some places to magmaruby and u came and told me to stop posting my idea, but isnt that what this thread is all about -.- some ppl should really learn to listen to other ppl opinion, ppl like u cause suffering and starvation in the world mwahaha XD (ok im getting a little bit offtopic)

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
  • Leave him to his opinion. I honestly don't think it looks like Dundee, but of course it has me thinking about it. He's making a point and stating his opinion. And just because he uses bug boy words doesn't make him a bad person. But I still think NYC... Pokemon is HUGE in America, and NYC- they had americas only pokemon center (or whatever it was called..) and Macy's thankgiving day parade-- GIANT PIKACHU!

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    im cussing? what r u talking about i was just pointing out some places to magmaruby and u came and told me to stop posting my idea, but isnt that what this thread is all about -.- some ppl should really learn to listen to other ppl opinion, ppl like u cause suffering and starvation in the world mwahaha XD (ok im getting a little bit offtopic)

Stop this off topicness please you two :), now back to where it's based on.

How am I being negative when your the one cussing? And it's not Rocky it is rocky505 :badsmile:

oh rocky stfu and shove ur negative attitude down ur ***beep ...thats soo not yin-yang :P lol
    and my name isnt coolnick, but coolnick37 :D

...yeah guys, how about not being so off-topic and instead stick to the actual discussion? And flaming isn't appreciated either. Aaand, Magmaruby and Aquasapphire, try not to minimod about them being off-topic, just report it and let it be. D:

And yeah, offering other choices for users to decide between are good, too. Really I'm starting to lean more towards NYC, anyways.

Last edited:

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
  • I think they said Victini shows up at the Liberty Garden Tower so would that help NYC any?

EDIT: It seems like a mixture of the Statue of Liberty, MSG, and the twin towers IMO

Last edited:

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
  • It can't be anywhere. Can it be based on Iowa? no.

The reason everyone jumped to NY is because of the placement of the mountains, the bridge, the islands, the harbor, the location of central park with the circular pool, and the shape coast/river basins. All match up perfectly.

Sao Luis BARELY matches up. The shape of one small piece of coast matches, and that's it.

There are other things too. Gridiron players (Football in USA), PETA-like organization (PLASMA), the way those three guys were dressed on Pokemon Sunday when showing off the starters etc.,

rockman0

I still claim Luxray!
    Years
  • I think its New York.

Also, another piece of evidence that points to New York is the abandoned factory. There is an abandoned factory in New York that people have been trying to get torn down for a while.

Actually, there are quite a few abondoned factories including a cement factory, which the one in Isshu looks like, and a Delco factory.

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
  • I think its New York.

Also, another piece of evidence that points to New York is the abandoned factory. There is an abandoned factory in New York that people have been trying to get torn down for a while.

Actually, there are quite a few abondoned factories including a cement factory, which the one in Isshu looks like, and a Delco factory.

There's probably an abandoned factory in at least half the cities in America because of the economy.

My city has at least 10 abandoned factories and it's not even close to the size of NYC. But no one here cares because they're out of everyone's way and homeless people use it for shelter. So it's not really that big of a deal (here)

coolnick37

Absolute Power
    Years
  • They have said it is a foreign country so Japan is off the list.

hmm, where did u get that info, cos i cant seem to find it?

Ohh and will GF even announce on what country it is based on, or they just leave that to our imaginations :P

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    hmm, where did u get that info, cos i cant seem to find it?

Ohh and will GF even announce on what country it is based on, or they just leave that to our imaginations :P
    It was said when Isshu was first revealed that it's "farther away from the other regions". That's why everyone automatically went to other countries than Japan for the basis of the region.

They might give some clues officially (like Violet City and Nara), but most of the time, the basis of the region is left up to the players to figure out.

coolnick37

Absolute Power
    Years
  • Aww damn, so in the end no1 actually cant know for sure what it is based of.
    Oh and saying that isshu is farther away from other regions, means it is just farther in game, they needed that to support the fact there are no old pokemon there. Pokemon world probably doesnt resemble real life world.
    Waah such a dissapointment that we cant confirm its setting :( i was just getting curious about it

T33nyTurtwig

:D :D :D
    Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2010
    I think this time its more imaginative. After all, who has a pokeball in the middle of a lake? but if you compare it, New york is the best bet, with hiun city being Downtown. How people think its shanghai. i dunno.

coolnick37

Absolute Power
    Years
  • I think this time its more imaginative. After all, who has a pokeball in the middle of a lake? but if you compare it, New york is the best bet, with hiun city being Downtown. How people think its shanghai. i dunno.

Well shanghai, it is similar in shape as isshu, then we have yin-yang->taoism->china
    and the town which gym leader is aloe is called shippou city, which might hint buddhism since it stands for something in religion.

But both shanghai and NYC are a little bit off cos you cant base Ishhu on a single city! cmon guys. Just check how NYC area would be smaller than kanto, the smallest region, and if u noticed that with each gen regions get bigger and bigger, just compare kanto and sinnoh.
    (i hope that this one is going to be bigger :/ i really wouldnt like if they implemented gsc region crap and put 2 smaller regions, thats just isnt it)

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
  • the yin yang crap doesn't matter. Hoenn had Hebrew like MRAS said earlier and it isn't based in Israel.

coolnick37

Absolute Power
    Years
  • hoens mith isnt based on hebrew at all it is based on earth air water connection, fans just linked them to it -.- and in here taoism does make a difference
    hoenn entire theme was weather while isshu is yin-yang

coolnick37

Absolute Power
    Years
  • there is no ingame nor official reference to anything hebrew, while legendaries type is yin-yang, and entire isshu is based on yin-yang, the plot and the geography, whilst hoenn never mentioned zuz, bahamut or leviathan, it is just an assumption

waht do you mean excuses? hoenn trio never mentioned nothing about zuz,bahamut and leviathan, that is just a fan based presumption

Last edited:

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
  • excuses, excuses that is all you can come up with. And i have no idea what you said in that post due to the horrid spelling.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back