• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which character would you like to see in the next SSB?

The Darkest Gale

Welcome to my life
Years
  • lets see

Get Rid of-

Falco or fox >.>

Return/Replace-

Mewtwo

Add-

I would like a girl pokemon trainer with chikorita/quilava ad feraligatr
    blazikan/gardevoir
    megaman
    I'd like to see pokemon MD and you pick a partner and stuff to plat as a bit like ice climbers
    fire emblem charecters
    SMEARGLE!!!! oh my god how creative could you be with his tail!
    bowser jr
    annnnnnnnnnnnnd MUDKIP!
    samus charecters
    koopa troopa

mostly pokemon but I am best as pikachu in the game :D

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I would really like to see Waluigi as a playable character with those deadly legs of his and maybe a bombomb projectile. Mewtwo should also make a return and a new Earthbound character (Ness & Lucas are my faves <33)

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
  • Phoenix Wright. We all know what his final smash will be...

Phoenix Wright was going to be included in a Capcom fighting game, but they could only think of him throwing the letters of Objection around which would either be horribly weak or overpowered (depending on how big the letters were!) so they scrapped him.

As for characters... I'd actually like to see the alternate costume (ala Wario) used for more characters. Give Mario a Dr. Mario costume, Pikachu a Pichu and Raichu costume, Pokémon Trainer a costume for female and later generation trainers...

RandyPanda

Show me your moves.
    Years
  • Sorry if I'm repetitive, as I'm sure I will mention things that have already been said, but these are some characters I'd really like to see.

Geno- I mean really, he was such a BAMF in Mario RPG, and he made an appearance in M&L:SS. Why not? On a similar note, Mallow would make a good Assist Trophy...

Improved Mewtwo- Let's face it, he was pretty lousy in Melee... but a few moveset tweaks and a tad bit more weight would do him justice.

Knuckles- I was saddened by his absence in Brawl... I mean /really,/ if Sonic's in, why not Knuckles? He could have a very interesting moveset, and the whole gliding thing incorporated in Brawl would have been great.

Deoxys- I know his chances of making it in a future SSB game are pretty much nonexistant, but hey, this whole post is a stretch. A simple forme switch mechanic could be implemented, where his weight and other similar properties were changed depending on whichever forme he was in.

Giegue- I personally find the character of Giegue, or Giygas to be quite... interesting, and rather scary coming from Nintendo. I think he'd be a neat addition to the next SSB, and his Final Smash could be Giygas' unstable form...

Will add more later, gotta love getting kicked off the compy in the middle of a post.

Years
  • Here's my list:
    Banjo and Kazooie (Banjo Kazooie, Banjo Tooie, Banjo Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge, Banjo Pilot)
    Sora (Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts II, Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories, Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days)
    Riku (Same as Sora)

DoctorFred

I am not amused. ಠ_ಠ
    Years
  • Bomberman from the bomberman series.
    Ridley from the Metroid series.
    Blooper/Dry Bones from the Mario series. Or a Daisy clone of Peach.
    Zoroark from Pokemon Black & White.
    Master Chief from Halo series (although Samus would pwn him out of the game).

I definitly DON'T wanna see anymore Sonic characters. i personally think Sonic sucks (no offense to Sonic lovers). He's not even a Nintendo character anyway...

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years
  • i've heard that they arent going to make anymore ssb. when i first heard this i was sad but when u think about it... there isnt much they could add.
    i see alot of 3rd party characters which i guess would be cool, but all those legal stuff just makes it almost impossible. Even banjoe and kazooie rnt too likely to make an appearance because although dk crew are in brawl, when rare moved over nintendo still had rights over them. so anything else made by rare probably wont appear.

Okami Chi

El Guitar Man~
    Years
  • Well, Capcom hinted at Megaman for the last game, so I think he will be in the new one. Also I'm almost sure Zoroark will be in it, and sadly they will kick Lucario just like they kicked Mewtwo. I don't want it to happen but I think it will. i would like to see Boy and his Blob in the game and also Bomberman, Pacman, and a Rocket Trainer. he could be like Pokemon trainer but he would use Ekans, Meowth, and Wheezing. I bet I could think of some others.

~Undefined~

Aspiring Pokémon Master...
    Years
  • I would have to say that I would like to see Shadow Mario/Bowser Jr. (with Down + B to change between the two) and Smeargle, Miles (Tails) to join Sonic as a tag team (in a similar fashion to the Ice Climbers), Dr. Robotnik, Blaziken/Infernape/Gallade/Medicham/Deoxys (attack) (obviously not all of them, these are just the Pokémon that in my opinion would suit the gameplay of the Super Smash Bros. series), Shadow Link, Vaati, Young Link with a twist; he should be able to change from Young Link, to Deku Link, to Goron Link, to Zora Link and back again with the use of Down + B. His final Smash would have to be Fierce Diety Link. Toon Zelda with Down + B to change to Tetra would be cool too. Also, possibly Metal Sonic and Knuckles, and I think Bomber Man would be a cool idea, too.

There should be changes to existing characters, too. Mario should switch between Classic and Sunshine modes with Down + B. While in Sunshine mode, his Up + B should be Flood's Rocket Nozzle, and his Left/Right + B should be Flood's Hydro Nozzle. You should also be able to use the Hover Nozzle by holding the jump buttons.

Last edited:

PuNkSter

Typhlosion is on fire!
    Years
  • I want them to bring back Roy. After not seeing Roy in the SSBB roster, I was rather upset. Bring back Roy!!! "Roy's our Boy!!!"

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • They better keep Olimar or I'll be really upset ._.
    They should bring in any characters from the Golden Sun games, that would be pretty cool. Or Pichu, WHY WASNT HE IN THE LAST GAME?!?!?! D:

Chiku Hamasaki

-う ち は オ ビ ト-
    Years
  • Hmmm. I love things like this. How about Midna from LoZ; Twilight Princess? That would actually brighten my day. ;3 But also, can we get Roy back? He was my favourite character on melee. They took him out for Ike. I mean, Ike is pretty great, don't get me wrong.. So, let's see. Spam people to get rid of jigglypuff? I always forget she has that sleeping move so i end up killing myself when im trying to get back onto the battle arena xD

OHIKNOWONE.
    Sorry if someone posted this already, but what about Sora -Kingdom hearts?! That would be absolutely fantastic! Not like I'd get any better at any SSB game. xD But yeah! I don't think I'd trade my main for him though ... I work pretty good with Pikachu. SO, he can take Kirby's spot!

^____^ OOR BEAT - JET SET RADIO FUTURE ..

erhm, i'll stop now .. xD

-squeals over thinking about all the new final smashes; * U *

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    I definitly DON'T wanna see anymore Sonic characters. i personally think Sonic sucks (no offense to Sonic lovers). He's not even a Nintendo character anyway...

I'm not offended by how you said Sonic sucks but as a Sonic mainer and Sonic fanboy I have to stick up for him. Actually, have you even seen a good sonic player. Sonic has SO many different mindgames and So many way to mix up approaches. Also Snake isn't a nintendo character either so yeah if sonic goes they both should go n_n.

However, I agree with no more 3 third party characters. Smash is supposed to be Nintendo characters fighting not Konami, not Sega (sorry Sonic :'( and Shadow) and not even Capcom, Ubisoft, or anyother company.

Oh someone I forgot to quote brought up the idea of Link using the mask from Majoras Mask which I have been a big supporter of and also I think a pokemon like Blaziken would be a good addition. I also vote for Crystal over Wolf as smash needs more female. Palutena could also be a good addition as well as more character support for Metroid, F zero, and Fire Emblem. Lastly, other franchises needs to be represented like Golden Sun and even Animal Crossing. Its backwards that Golden Sun has a song on Brawl and Animal Crossing has a stage and music but no characters :/.

Back