• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Which do you think is the best FRLG Starter?

which pokemon is better

• bulbasuar

Votes: 22 25.9%
  • charmander

Votes: 38 44.7%
  • squitrle

Votes: 32 37.6%

• Total voters
Years
  • I got Squirtle...I don't even know why. But I did. So I guess I vote him...also, even though I have not caught that STUPID ANNOYING ARTUCINO, it takes a LOT to kill what is now a Blastoise...that stupid Ice Beam kills everything else I have so far. That turtle thing takes a lot of damage...

firemaster

Art Martyr
    Years
  • well.... not squirtle, because i love milotic as my water guy
    not fire, because i love arcanine

so i guess bulbasaur! Venasaur is stll the coolest grass pokemon ever

anyways, charizard has dual types which im not usually fond of (i let it slip for swampert)

Years
  • I'd say Squirtle. Now only is is cute, but it's the best Pokemon for defense. And not to mention you don't find many water Pokemon in the beginning at all. It makes the first two badges easy.
    But Charmander is a Pokemon specially for speed, Bulbasaur is attackive, and Squirtle is the defensive one in the group. That's how I see it.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 19, 2005
    In my oppinion, Bulbasaur. If you get him to level 13 before Brock, it will be so easy to kill him with vine whip. Then, you go on to Misty, and that is easy also. I pick him to get off to an easy start.

Trikip

Can you Handel this?
    Years
  • All the starters have their powers and weaknesses, so I think they are equal. Although, if you choose Charmander, it's a little bit harder to defeat the Elite 4.

Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2005
    Hmmm... I guess I gotta say Bulba because he goes up levels faster or something like that, he learns moves like Sleep Powder which he good for catching Pokemon, and lastly because he's good against most of the gym leaders.

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2005
    I believe Squirtle is the best because it can (eventually) learn Ice Beam and Hydro Pump, thus allowing it to take out Charizard and Venusaur.

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2013
    I chose Charmander in the original R/B & FR/LG, because Charizard looks cooler than the others, and how you can dislike a Pokemon that has Slash??? (Although that rule can be bent when comparing Typhlosion vs. Feraligatr, which of Typhlosion beats easily). Plus, Charizard has wings :rambo:

bgt

R A W R
    Years
    • Age 15
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    well, my fav is Hitokage because Rizaadon is just pwnage.

but as in strategy, I would have to go with Fushigibana since Takeshi and Kasumi have weaknesses to the grass type.

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2013
    Beating Brock with squirtle.... Finally beating him after stocking up on potions and training my charmander and pidgey real hard in R/B made watching Onix go down all that much more worthwhile.....

Back