• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which is your favorite grass starter?

Favorite Grass Starter?

• 1st Gen: Bulbasaur

Votes: 36 30.3%
  • 2nd Gen: Chikorita

Votes: 34 28.6%
  • 3rd Gen: Treecko

Votes: 34 28.6%
  • 4th Gen: Turtwig

Votes: 15 12.6%

• Total voters

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    It was hard choosing between Turtwig and Treecko but I chose Treecko (first grass starter I chose). Sceptile is just an amazing pkmn, imo the powerfulest of the grass starters (also the only one w/ a signature move: leaf blade).

Turtwig is really close behind Treecko though. I love Torterra b/c it's grass/ground, has a pretty good moveset, looks awesome!, and is just a great pokemon.

Last edited:

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
    i choose bulbasaur, but i really like Tsutajaa as long as its evolutions are as cool as it is.

Left4Dead

Are you mental in the face?
    Years
    I'd say my favourite grass starter is Bulbasaur even though I'm not as keen on Ivysaur and Venusaur. So for 1st stage I'd say Bulbasaur, 2nd stage I'd say Grovyle and 3rd stage would be Torterra!

Pazuru

★ [ Fukidokuritsu ]
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    Bulbasaur. Loved the thing ever since I first saw it in the anime, and when I chose it in Blue as my starter. <3

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    First is definitely Bulbasaur, because it sounds like a cranky old chain smoker in the anime, which makes it adorable to me.
    Second is Chikorita because it's cute and stubby, but I'd probably mistake it for an ottoman.

HugSomebody

Trust me!~
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 25, 2011
    I absolutely adore Bulbasaur! He's the cutest grass starter in my opinion, and I love the simplicity and logic of his evolution.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2014
    Bulbasaur, it is cool, sooo Cool! I like all grass Starters though, and they seem to be my favourite, why? They are the hardest ones to train, and raise, so It gives a challenge.

EmeraldSerenade

babyboy
    Years
    Chikorita. Who doesn't want an oversize flower with a head that's a final evolution?

I used Chikorita when I played Crystal Verison when I was little.

Cid

Years
    I remember sort of liking Bulbasaur when I was a kid.
    I voted Chikorita in the poll, though. :O
    Why then? I chose the cute little starter back in my Pokemon Gold. Besides, my older bro practically claimed the other three Grass-type starters, so I had no choice but to pick the leaf dinosaur. xD

The Red Chain

Currently, I'm in love with Tsutaja, Gen 5's grass starter. ;3
    Too bad he wasn't in the poll. ;O;

grey†fish

not black or white… or gray :]
    Years
    My favorite starter of all time just so happens to be Bulbasaur! :D

Besides him, my ranks go like:

1) Bulbasaur
    2) Treecko
    3) Turtwig
    4) Tsutaaja
    5) Chikorita

I like them all a lot, but that's just the way they rank… :\

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    Chikorita, for its adorable appearance along with it evolution wise. Bulbasaur, if it comes to personal favorite.

Back