• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which is your favorite grass starter?

Favorite Grass Starter?

• 1st Gen: Bulbasaur

Votes: 36 30.3%
  • 2nd Gen: Chikorita

Votes: 34 28.6%
  • 3rd Gen: Treecko

Votes: 34 28.6%
  • 4th Gen: Turtwig

Votes: 15 12.6%

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2014
    I dont reall pick grass type on a whole but 1st gen was the best and still is :)

Numbers

Say my name
    Years
    Bulbasaur! I think it's awesome although I'm not as keen on it's evolutions.
    Then Chikorita.
    Then Turtwig, because Torterra is amazing.
    Then Treecko

iwuzhere9

Ye Olde Doofus
    Years
    1) Tsutaja.
    2) Bulbasaur
    3) Chikorita
    4) Treeko
    27) Turtwig
    I despised the Gen IV starters.

Agent Clank

Bye PC
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    I like Turtwig the best cause he and his evo's are Awesome!
    I almost picked Turtwig on Pearl thats how much he was awesome but I picked Piplup cause he was cooler,In my opinion.

UltimaSilva

Varsity Quarterback
    Years
    Torterra probably. He is most useful in platinum with his earthquake and wood hammer if you get him move tutored.

1. Bulbasaur: I have to admit, bulbasaur is very useful for the first 2 gyms in pokemon fire red/leaf green. I do not really find any use for him after those 2 starting gyms. Rating: 6/10

2. Chikorita: In the overview of the other Johto starters, I have to say Chikorita has to be the worst. There is no use for her really in the Johto gyms, and only really good against 2 in the Kanto region. Rating: 4/10

3. Treecko: All the Hoenn starters are all reasonably good. They are all very useful in team aqua and magma situations. He was my life saver in the champion elite 4 battle in emerald. Rating: 9/10

4. Turtwig: Imo, turtwig is the best grass starter. Not only is he useful in the first gym, but he can also be used in the 4th, 5th, 6th, 8th gym, and the elite four. He has a fantastic final evolution which has the ability to learn earthquake. He is my favorite. Rating: 10/10

That girl!

Oopsie, my fault.
    Years
    Chikorita. No doubt about it. Chikorita may be stubborn but nothing can match its determination to get ahead. I love its nature or personality and the little buttons around its neck that gives off a scent that can make one aggressive, intrigues me.

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
    Chikorita.
    I have loved Chikorita ever since the beginning. There is definitely no doubt about that. I don't think the other grass Pokemon hold a candle to Chikorita.

Years
    Bulbasaur. Ivysaur is my second favorite pokemon.
    Though there isn't one grass starter that I dislike, they all have cool designs =)

TwinkleClefable

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star~
    Years
    Chikorita is my favourite, not only is she so cute, but she becomes the huge and awesome Meganium.

1. Chikorita :)
    2. Treecko
    3. Tsutaja
    4. Bulbasaur
    5. Turtwig :(

luf100

Team Rocket Grunt
    Years
    I would say Bulbasaur, but I used one in FireRed and that sort of put me off on them, so I'll have to go with Chikorita. Don't like Treecko or Turtwig either, and the new grass-starter is pretty meh as far as looks go.

... I'm not a grass type fan.

Le Creep!

~don't act blonde.
    Years
    Treecko; for it's speed. I seemed to always pick Bulbasaur on the other games, however. But Turtwig is good for defence :>

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
    For me, that has to be Tsutaja. But as that isn't in the poll, I'd say Treecko. It's cool, it's the best of the grass starters etc. Leaf Blade, like Sceptile, is awesome :D

Back