• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Which starter did you pick?

Which did you pick?

• Total voters
Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 9, 2013
    I chose Oshawott, because his final evolution does not look like crap. I find the starters underwhelming in their design.

Air Pichu

We're Safe and Sound~
    Years
  • I picked Oshawott but I was definitely going to consider Tepig too. I ike Oshawott's future eolutions but Tepig's evos I don't really like.

Kwajah

i'm close to the edge
    Years
  • I chose Snivy. Because I thought Oshawott and Tepig (and their evolutions) looked too cute.. Thats cool also ! Don't say that it's a bad thing ! But i allways cary my starter with me. And then I prefer a tough looking Pokemon, like Snivy !

Sorry if my English isn't great!

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I chose oshawott.

I was originally going to get snivy, but I've always gotten grass starters since red version till now. I thought it was about time I changed it up and I really dislike tepig. So oshawott it is.

and I named it OshyWoshy <3 that way it'll always be my baby starter even when it evolves into its bamf final evolution :)

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • [S-HIGHLIGHT]Unpopular Oshawott is now popular![/S-HIGHLIGHT] Who would have thought. I'll be choosing it for the third version, Ash's Oshawott made me like the Pokemon even more.

LOL..yeah..I'm still picking Tepig, but the Pokemon anime made Ash's Wotter look disturbingly cute and BA at the same time. I think that gave it a major push for starting pick in the games; I'm still a bit surprised that Tepig is quite behind Wotter and Snivy. Also, Wotter's Woobie status was enhanced with this heartwarming picture on DeviantArt, so that improved its status as well, IMO.

I picked....Mijumaru (I'm NOT calling it by that other name) and will name him Wotter as soon as I can :)

Poor Pokabu never gets any love I guess.

Agreed with the parts on Wotter and Tepig.

and I named it OshyWoshy <3

LOL...that's part of the reason I dislike the name Oshawott...a bit too cutesy/strange. >.<

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
  • For My Japanese Black I picked Pokabu (Tepig)
    For My English White I picked Oshawott(Mijumaru) :3

adhdguitar

Newbie Pokémon Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2015
    Tepig, but only because I already had the other two in the Japanese game I imported back in October. =P

I named the Tepig, "Teh Pig" for the lulz...

GreenLanturn

Interior Crocodile Fraligatr
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Feb 26, 2012
    I hated Oshawott up intill i was tempted to pick him on wednsday, and he turned out to really grow on me.

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2022
    Tepig, because I took Snivy in my Japanese version, and I don't like Oshawott.

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2011
    I picked Snivy initially because when I saw it in the Japanese version, I loved it. But then when I got my English copy I got Oshawott for battling purposes.

BDT

On my way to be a MASTER
    Years
  • I choose Snivy, it's evolved twice to Serperior now tho, level 40 xD

nm legend

Years
  • well i had to get Tepig because my lil brother already got Oshawott and the other is getting Snivy.....but once we are able to breed, im adding Oshawott to my team.....

Tepig is pretty cool hopefully when it evovles i dont regret having it ......

D0N3GAN

Working on Pokemon White...
    Years
    • Seen May 24, 2011
    I started my Pokemon White with Oshawott, now I have got Pokemon Black I'll be choosing my favourite of the three Snivy.

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    I picked Tepig, I've always liked fire starters. Hoping on trading with my friend to get a Snivy as well.

Starchomp

Avid Gambler
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2014
    In 3rd gen I chose the water type Mudkip, in 4th gen I chose the fire type Chimchar, so naturally I decided to choose the grass type Snivy for this generation. I've had my eye on it ever since the photos first appeared on Serebii.

Back