• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Which starter did you pick?

Which did you pick?

• Total voters

Logan_AT

Often Lost in Thought
Years
  • Seen Jun 25, 2014
Mijumaru--I mean, Oshawott--for White and Snivy for Black. I've never played a Grass starter since (briefly) with Bulbasaur, so Snivy's my first grass-type starter.

Drekin

We all live in a...
Years
It took me a long time but I'm going start out with Oshawott and whether a "middle" version comes out or not will determine when I decide to use AR or a friend to get the other 2.

Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2012
Oshawott, just because A) Derpy adorableness. B) Everyone else didn't like it. C) Grew to love it as it continud. D) IT'S A SAMURAI! And now he's my best Pokemanz, and hasn't lost a fight yet.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
On the poll, I picked Snivy and Oshawott, simply because I picked Snicy in Black and I'm going to pick Oshawott once I get White.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
Years
i have chosen snivy in my japanese black version and my english white version. for my japanese white i chose the fire starter and english black i am going to chose the water

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 25, 2013
I keep my tradition-always pick Grass starter although grass are not my favorite.

TheUnown

Super Lurker
Years
  • Seen Jul 1, 2015
I chose Snivy (a female~!) because I never tried using a Grass-type in any of the games yet and I like snakes xD.

Mozarch4

Beginer trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • UAE
  • Seen Oct 3, 2011
when it comes to the design I would go with snivy since tepig is A PIG and oshawoot is ugly , but when it comes to status I would go oshawoot caz tepig is sloow but it has strong attack and the snivy is fast but weak attack and oshawoot is medium in all

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I always choose water, and even though I thought Oshawott was super cute and its last evolution was cool, I decided to choose fire because I've never chosen that in all the games I've had.

All my friends are unhappy with their decisions and are restarting their games to get new starters, so I'm the farthest in and still happy with Pignite.

Autaven

Gamer Girl
Years
I picked Oshawatt. I don't really go for a certain type (water wise etc), I basically just go with whatever one is cutest imo.

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
I picked Tepig. <3
I always go for the Fire type, uh.. well almost always. I think it's pretty cute too, ne? :DD;
Oh and yes, attack attack ATTACK. :)

Necrolium

Flygon Trainer
Years
I chose oshawott because water starters are the best to me. I chose squirtle, totodile, mudkip, piplup, and now Oshawott.

TurkeyCoctail

so i herd u liek liepardz
Years
I got Pokemon White and I chose Snivy. First of all, I simply LOVE its "elegant" look. Go Smugleaf, go! :3 Secondly, this is the only starter whose evolutions don't creep me off (the first forms of all starters were cute). I also really like Grass-type Pokemon.

Aro-kun

Pokemon trainer
Years
  • Age 32
  • Orre
  • Seen Jul 11, 2014
I picked Oshawhat. Mines is a female ._. I nicknamed it Maru as a reference to mijumaru/futachimaru (But Maru is also the japanese nickname of a friend of mines lol...)

smurf

Veteran Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2015
I picked snivy and hes doin mre then i expected

Back