• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Which starter did you pick?

Which did you pick?

• Total voters

Bao

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2011
I chose Oshawott. Because Tepig is a pig... they're awkward lol and everyone is choosing Snivy

MAizHxC

HG FC: 3395 8610 0902
Years
i chose snivy. decided to try grass this game since everyone is raving about it.

Years
I am picking Tepig, he's the cutest of the bunch and that's pretty much all it takes for me and a starter pokemon lol. :D

Heart Gold

Jellicent Trainer
Years
  • Seen Feb 6, 2012
I still can't decide between Oshawott or Snivy. I ask people what they like but they give me no good reason why.

I still haven't even started my game which I was excited about because of this ;/

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
Years
I chose Oshawott due to I liked it's design and It's movepool so far he is doing great I'm at Pinwheel forest and he is a dewott.

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
Years
Oshawott is so bro, you got no idea... Rightly so, he's my starter choice. Dewott makes me cringe though.. I definitely evolved Dewott as quickly as I could.
Snivy would be my second choice, I love all three of his forms, I just like Samurott a bit more than Serperior.

As for Tepig's evolutions... Ahuihuihuihuihuihui...

Chiar

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 5, 2014
I really don't like starters. I think they remove the creativity of the teams, and I'm only using rare Pokemon like Durant.
I chose Snivy....but it ended up in my box, then in some random japanese trainer's hands after I obtained the C-Gear. :P

Heart Gold

Jellicent Trainer
Years
  • Seen Feb 6, 2012
I was reading some online forum posts and I've decided on Serperior!

It has HUGE potential with certain sets, even more than perversity Serperior.

Got an Impish nature and 31 ATK IV, 27 in all other IVs. :)!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Dec 4, 2011
Oshawott. I like its final form. The other two... don't really suit my personality that well. Serperior just seems to... royal for my liking, and emboar is a fire type so that was out of the question for me (never picked the fire starters usually, except cyndaquil in GSC). So that left oshawott and although I think it's ugly, planning ahead I like its final form.

institutions

ain't that a kick in the head?
Years
I picked Tepig because it's basic form is cooler than Oshawott and Snivy.
Also, I never pick the fire starter, so it's a nice change of pace.

And I nicknamed him Sir Jigs.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I checked off Snivy and Tepig. Snivy was my starter in Pokémon Black (JP) and I kept it all the way through the game. In White, I traded in a bunch of Pokémon to use and though I chose Tepig, it was dumped after the first gym since I already had Litwick. :x

For the third game I might choose Oshawott, despite not really liking it at all.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
I'm surprised I never replied to this thread. o_0

Anyway, I started off with Oshawott as planned. I originally planned on evolving it all the way to its last evolution, but I've decided to wait until she's LV 43. Surprisingly enough, my starter turned out to be a female; something I've wanted to happen but didn't think of a possible chance for Oshawott to turn out as. :3

Years
  • Seen Mar 9, 2011
I traded with my mate to get all three, and chose Tepig as my own starter (I almost always go with fire). Have had a look at their final evolutions, and am now strongly questioning whether I want Snivy's final form in my Elite 4 team....just doesn't look right.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
It was a tough choice.

All the starters are equally adorable. I was considering Tepig merely because I wanted to snag the Grass Monkey faster, since I consider it to be more useful than the others.

In the end, though, I went for whichever one evolved into the most pleasing form: Snivy. It's adorable, mildly strong, and Iike Speed-based Pokemon. Overall, 'was the best choice.

Years
495.gif

I went with Snivy. <3 I liked it more than the other two, mostly because everybody was going to pick Oshawott and Tepig sucks.

dieter57

pokemon master
Years
snivy of course!
i usually go for the more reptilian starter.
i don't know why.
guess that explains my love for scraggy and krokorok as well.

Back