• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Which starter did you pick?

Which did you pick?

• Total voters

Chary

Yeah-Hah!
Years
I love Oshawott, because it's very cute, and I like it's design. That is why I chose it in White. When I purchase Black, I will choose Snivy (Smugleaf) I don't like Emboar at all, But Tepig is kinda cute though.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
Years
I've always been fond of the water starters, but I don't know if I'm gonna go with Oshawott. I'm getting the game on the 27th when the 3DS comes out and I think I'm more fond of Snivy.

Shinjiaoki94

Punk Leader
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 26, 2011
I choose Snivy but since I decided not to use starter so Snivy is replaced by Oshawott (HM slave :P)
Current team:
chandelure_animated_sprite_by_devinwarriors-d38p0qh.gif
Flamethrower, Shadow Ball,Psychic, Will-o-wisp
braviary_animated_sprite_by_devinwarriors-d38yvcz.gif
Fly, Brave Bird, Thrash, Super Power
klinklang_animated_sprite_by_devinwarriors-d38p02e.gif
Gear Grind, Toxic, Shift Gear, Protect
scrafty_animated_sprite_by_devinwarriors-d38jdou.gif
Hi Jump Kick, Crunch, Rock Climb, Head Smash
doredia_animated_sprite_by_devinwarriors-d388zmz.gif
Energy Ball, Petal Dance, Quiver Dance, Teeter Dance
daikenki_animated_sprite_by_devinwarriors-d3802u0.gif
Surf, Cut, Strength, Waterfall

HoopyFrood

Designated Robo-Hipster
Years
I chose Oshawott then restarted and ended up with Tepig, much happier with my choice.

The only problem is most of the water pokemon are garbo', the only early one you get can is Tympole and it's just plain creepy.

Years
Gots all three! :D despite having to play the game like three hours b4 actually playing it properly it was well worth it cuz now ive a really good versatile team....which is always awesom :D

Years
I picked Oshawott, although I'm now thinking of buying Black too so will have to make a decision on Snivy or Tepig now, not sure which one to go with, I'm leaning towards Snivy but I'm still to make my mind up.

Years
Snivy definately. All the starters are great in their own way, but Snivy, in my opinion, is the best looking grass starter and the fact that I've never really chosen a grass starter makes it even more fun/challenging.

Years
I chose tepig, mainly because fire is my favourite type. even though it's another fire/fighting, oshawott just looked dull and snivy would have probably been better if it had a second type. alas.

Back