• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Which starter did you pick?

Which did you pick?

• Total voters
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2011
When i nuzlocke this, it's going to be Snivy all the way. Those defences and spped are too much to give up. But in a regular playthrough, there's nothing better than Oshawott's final evo. I do feel bad for Tepig, no one loves it </3

marcc5m

what
Years
Oshawott, because it's my favourite of the starters, it's evolutions as well as itself have a really great design, and because I'm really not too fond of Tepig's evolutions (Snivy's are meh). Originally it was going to be Snivy who I picked...but Oshawott grew on me. So yeah, I'm picking Oshawott.

amberfunk

Almost master trainer
Years
  • Seen May 15, 2014
I'm going to choose snivy because I love all of its evolution line designs especially its final stage. It's awesome.

blue

gucci
Years
I'm going with Oshawott, because although Snivy has the best first evo IMO, and Tepig being my favourite, I used Tepig in Japanese White and Oshawott has th best final evo IMO so choosing Oshawott, and that leaves me to choose Snivy in the third game when it comes out!

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Tepig the first time around, because it's a tradition of mine to always pick the Fire starter first, ever since my baby Charmander back in 1998.

Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 23, 2012
Tepig. Weird, it was Oshawott that was the least liked when B/W were first announced... (,,/,, you, Samurott). ANYWAYS, I'll be picking Tepig because it's adorable, and has an adorable evolution (excluding Emboar >.>). The Fire/Fighting repetition doesn't really matter to me anymore. Besides, Fighting is my favorite type anyways. :B

Rawrinism

Shandera'd
Years
I might not use a starter. Mainly because there are too much pokemon I want on my team this gen... :(
It's hard to limit down to 6 for me... ;(
I'm prob gonna choose Snivy though...

ShinyZoruaGirl

Crazy Rowdyruff Boys Fangirl!
Years
Tie between Oshawott and Snivy. I love Snivy because my crush did graffiti of Snivy today. (He drew Snivy on the wall with chalk, I don't think that's graffiti..-.-') But, I like Oshawott because s/he is a FRICKEN otter! :D I don't trade, so I'll pray about it. ;)

Ayselipera

I've been planning on Oshawott for months. When the starters were first shown I wanted Snivy, then Oshawott, and then Tepig. Once I saw their final evolutions though I had to pick Oshawott. Snivy's line looks okay, but being that there are so many wonderful grass types this generation and Snivy can be used anytime I'm going to wait on that one. Tepig on the other hand just completely disappointed me when it went from cute little piggy to beastly man pig. Not to mention the fire/fighting combo. D:

Oshawott on the other hand goes from cute, to stupid, to awesome..... so as long as it ends in awesome that's fine with me!

BonzaiMudkip

Senior Trainer
Years
I was gonna choose snivy when the starters were first announced. After that and onwards, i want to start off with oshawott.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
I've played partially through Black with just Oshawott as my starter, but I'm still going to chose him once I get the English versions. And since I'm getting both Black and White at the same time, I'll trade over all three starters so I have them. I'm only going to use Oshawott and Snivy on my team, though. Tepig's getting boxed.

Venomoth Z

Lazy Trainer
Years
Well, I'm picking Snivy because l never pick the grass starter, tepig fire/fighting starter been there done that, Oshawott seems pretty cool but overall Snivy's final evolution looks good to me, a breath of fresh air for the starters in my opinion.

TJgamer

A Pokémon Poet
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 13, 2021
I'd definitely start with Oshawott.
I will probably get a Tepig too later.
As for Snivy.....maybe. I'd have to think about it.

Katja

Years
smugleaf.jpg

I'm getting him to level 100 without evolving. EVER

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
Years
I have the Japanese version for both black and white and I've picked Snivy for both of them and I'm also willing to pick Snivy in the English version too XD

Cham

Cool Trainer
Years
I am going to get Oshawott, it is so cute! I have always gravitated towards picking the water stater, they always seem to stick out to me.

Back