• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who Do You Play as in Brawl?

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
  • Diddy Kong is definitely a favorite of mine. I tried a few others, but I was only ever good with Diddy. XD;

Guess I gotta go buy it (finally) and see who else I can get good with. :x

Plasmaniac

I has burritoes! Ajua!
    Years
  • Even though I can play with any character decently, my best are Samus and Falco. I'm also good with Marth and Zelda, yeah Zelda, not Sheik, Zelda got very buffed in Brawl and I like very much her playing style.

Samus was my best in melee, now I'm having a harder time mastering her abilities. However right now I'd say my best character is Falco.

Apathetic_Yen

very original
    Years
  • My main characters are

-Kirby
    -Lucario
    -Marth (not so much anymore)
    -Ike
    -Lucas

Is it just me, or does Pikachu seem alittle too cheap in this game? My friends and I banned him like we did with Fox in Melee

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    I really like Kirby, he's very fast and powerful. I hate Donkey Kong though, he's too slow. 0.0

geno421

Script and Spriter
    Years
  • My main 2 characters are Luigi (he has some nice recovery, alot of good Smash Hits, and I use him for aerial moves) and Jigglypuff (believe it or not :-P )

I have been experimenting with Lucario (he has such smooth movements and I time my dodges with him well) and the Ice Climbers (my friends get pissed when I use them lol. I seem to rack up major damage quick with them).

100marios

Reigning Dork Champion of PC
    Years
  • Doh, I had no idea so many people main Toon Link. I don't feel special anymore... XD

Really though, I was originally planning on maining Mario, because I rocked so much with him in SSB and SSBM, but, I don't know. Out of all the veterans, it just feels like he was beaten with the nerf-stick most of all. Not to mention it's hard to find opportunities where his down+b is actually of any use. *shrugs* I'm not bad with him, but he's not my favorite anymore.

I was beginning to like both Zero Suit Samus and Snake before I unlocked Toon Link, but once I tried him out, it was like love at first... fight, heh. Which is funny because I hardly even liked Young Link in SSBM (I'm partial to the artistic style of Wind Waker though, so maybe that had a part in it. ...is it possible my love for Toon Link is only skin deep? XD).

Anyway, yeah. Toon Link is mah main!

Last edited:

King_Lucario

An eternal struggle...
    Years
  • These are the people I play as and the reasons as well:

Lucario: He is my initial first choice. He has adequate speed and nice counters. Although he does not have a Wall of Pain, he has a nice [Neutral B] that gets better as he sustains more damage. His Final Smash is a little bit on the weak side, but does some good if you aim at those that have high percentages; one attack from Lucario's Final Smash will send them flying. Although he is better for those who play better the more damage they take (Characters gain an increase in attack power the more damage they sustain, f.y.i), he can be good for those who want to experiment with different people. The main color I use for him are his original colors and his white form.

Meta Knight: My second choice. If I don't want Lucario, I immediately go to Meta Knight. In my opinion, he has the best Wall of Pain on the game. The flaming tornado (Neutral B) is a great way to start off air combos. Simply take them to the air, let them fall, they do an [Up+B] to knock them off. He is slow, but has no lag in his attacks (that means I can do the same attack over and over again without a break in between attacks like other characters). His Final Smash is only good if you can get an opponent to touch the cape. One time, I got everyone I was playing against touching the cape, giving me +3 points. Sweet. Anyway, His Final Smash is also very cool looking. The main color I use for him is his white form.

Sonic: My third choice is none other than the fastest thing alive. Sonic is literally the fastest character on the game with little lag in between attacks like Meta Knight. Because of his speed, he is hard to control sometimes, but you have to get used to that in order to utilize him effectively. He also has a good recover tactic (Down+B). You can use this to gain some nice height, however it leaves you wide open for air combos. Sonic also has, in my opinion, the second coolest and third best Final Smash in the game (Meta Knight has the coolest; Link and Toon Link have the best Final Smash, wheras Bowser has the second best). Being SUper Sonic is a great thrill, however he is hard to control in the air. He inflicts some decent damage with his Final Smash and can send an opponent flying in three to five hits. The main color I use for him is his dark blue with the black bands.

Kirby: Last but definitely not least, Kirby is a threat on the field. He is notably slow, even when running, but jumps very high and has little lag like Sonic and Meta Knight. His Neutral A is good for picking up some quick damage, followed by a quick [Direction Towards Opponent+B] to knock them off. His [Neutral B] is probably one of the most annoying but useful ones in the game. Inhale your foe and steal their powers; that's how I roll. I prefer to use this tactic on power players like the veterans or the game (However I think it absolutely sucks that you can't steal Kirby's own powers. Just think: Inhale 2 opponents and steal both of their powers...cool). His Final Smash is only good for knocking foes off the stage and picking up some good items. I honestly think it looks stupid. Nonetheless, Kirby is a power player on the field. His recover tactic, along with Sonic, Meta Knight, and King Dedede, is one of the best in the game, able to gain immense height but leaving him wide open for air combos. The main color I use for him is his regular pink self because I get hungry when I use the other ones...>_>

There you have it; the people I use in Brawl and why.

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2012
    I main Pokemon Trainer now.

Subs would be Falco, Lucario and Ike, But Ike is a little cheap, IMO.

Back