• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Who thinks Celebi will be catchable this time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I think the Celebi event will be better off going through WiFi world wide, because then almost everyone who has the game can at least get the Celebi then.

Years
  • If Celebi is an event it will make it harder for the people
    who don't or can't attend events such as myself. I just
    feel like it rips people off from finishing their pokedex.

Agreed...although WiFi makes it much easier to get it if you weren't able to attend an event. It irks me that I will never really be able to complete my G2 and G3 Pokédexes because I was never able to attend an event.

sanny the hedgehog

Back by popular demand?
    Years
  • i'd love to see celebi come to america,
    but i highly doubt that we will ever see it
    yes, i sound very negative but i think thats the way its going to be......again

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I don't think they'll not allow us to get it, I mean the it deserves it. Plus, why keep the shrine there if no Celebi event was to be held. It would be like mockery for the fans in a way. I for one strongly belive they'll hold it, but more as an event than an in-game catch.

the0person0of03

RANDOM JUNK #1- goat in a tutu
    Years
  • Most likley, like others before me said, in a Wi-Fi event is the most probable spot to see the GS Ball. Any who, Im gunna save in front of the shrine and try to get it shiny:P

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I wouldn't mind Celebi having a little story to go along with it through an Event. It'll give me more to do in the game, and allow me to Soft Reset for better Nature and IVs.

DARKSHADE

Waiting.. In the Shadows..
    Years
  • flash, you cant tell a pokemon's IV's or nature until after you catch it...
    if you keep battling and catching until you get perfect nature/IV's you could be there forever!

PS: if anyone has never seen the original crystal event then its been in my signature for a few months (its in the spoiler)
    and you may not copy it!!!

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I know that I'll have to catch it first to check, but that is what Soft Reseting is for. Plus, if it takes forever then let it be so, but determination is what gets you to where you want to be.

Anyway, about the event, if they keep it like how it was in Crystal, then I'll be totally satisfied. Except instead of over the phone, at least world wide WiFi event would be better.

LishaKara

オレスシ。
    Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2023
    I think that it's pretty much guaranteed we're gonna get a chance to catch Celebi. Hopefully, it'll be part of the game's plot, making it simple to catch, but I think it's more likely that it'll come in the form of an event, such as Darkrai's.
    (Hopefully Darkrai's in-game event: Soft Reset is a good friend and it sucks when you just get something handed to you completely random)

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    The only ones that might actually have an in-game catch other than Lugia/Ho-Oh are the three legendary beasts, but Celebi, like everyone is saying might be placed as an event. I'm actually excited for it too.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    ^ It's alright, we all make mistakes.

Though, a Celebi Event will be really cool to have, and I know for one, that if one is held, it'll be more common among players now.

RaikaCastillo

Spark Javelin!!!
    Years
  • It might be in an event but I don't count event pokémon as catchable pokémon as you have to do something special outside of gameplay to be able to obtain them. That's not to say that even pokémon aren't legit, they just aren't catchable in the same way as ones you can catch normally.

I do think there will be an event for it, though.

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2010
    I wouldn't really care if it was.
    I wouldn't have it in my team. I would have no use for it.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I admit I wouldn't have Celebi in my team either, except for maybe WiFi Competitive Battling, but I'll still like to obtain it one way or the other, at least just to have it.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 10, 2015
    Even if I didn't use it regularly, just being able to say I have one would be nice.
    Also, just check it out in battle etc. :P

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    If they have it through WiFi and all, I'm hoping it gets a new sprite to it as well. I would like the GS Ball to look really nice for the event, if it were to be held.

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2011
    if they follow the current formula then they have to include celebi. last two series of games there have been a legendary trio(regis,pixies) two elemental deities(kyogre,groundon,dialga,palkia) and then an all powerful third(rayquaza, giratina)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back