• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Who thinks Celebi will be catchable this time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    if they follow the current formula then they have to include celebi. last two series of games there have been a legendary trio(regis,pixies) two elemental deities(kyogre,groundon,dialga,palkia) and then an all powerful third(rayquaza, giratina)

Those Pokémon listed were part of the game;s plot though. Celebi wasn't ever involved with the storyline of Gold and Silver, so they wouldn't have to include Celebi as an in-game catch.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    If they could make Celebi catchable it wouldn't be that much exciting for me. I would want it to be an event which it most likely will be as it was never part of the storyline, and if it was part of the storyline before, than maybe in this remake it would be catchable.

HSX

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2013
    Oohh Celebi will most definantly be catchable (or sent in via pokemon --> game). If not, then that would compleatly throw off the reason for the Ilex Shrine to even be there. I also think that the importaince of the twin birds will be stretched. :P

Basically: Yes I think it will be in. As an event.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    well I dont mean to be mean but no-one likes battling legendary users...

I know a lot of people who do, actually.

If Celebi does happen to be catchable I am pretty sure the Ilex Shrine (is that the name?) will be in the storyline for it. Although I do hope it remains an event.

pokerus34

Labyrinthine Rhapsody
    Years
  • Event... Probably...

Wish it will be like the classics ---> GS ball event, Kurt, and Ilex Forest...

To make it simpler and everybody will know! :)

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Yeah, if it can held with the GS Ball, that would be a nice nostalgic comeback in a way of gettign Celebi.

Years
  • Knowing nintendo, it'll probably be some crappy event only available in specific countries. Which means, yet again, no event pokemon for me.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Maybe, they might do it like the Shaymin event, and actually hold the event in Europe too.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Was the GS ball even acquirable?
    I had never gotten it if it was.

YEs, with the event, I believe you would obtain the GS ball and enter it into the Shrine. This then activates Celebi, allowing you to catch it.

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2017
    If Nintendo don't add the GS ball and Celebi into the game or at least Wi-Fi gift they will probably suffer a severe backlash. Has Celebi ever been officially available outside of Japan?

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I'm sure Celebi won't be catchable because was Shaymin, Mew, or Deoxys catchable? I would only hope it'll be a wifi event or Toys R Us event because if Celebi was catchable then it wouldn't be so special as it is now. Many would want to catch it over and over again saving up a lot.

Arekku

Fresh Prince of Des Moines
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 8, 2009
    I assume in about a month or two, concept art of Celebi will be revealed, and the GS Ball will be announced as in attatinable item. Or we'll just wait to get the games and do some Arceus-Style hacking.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I assume in about a month or two, concept art of Celebi will be revealed, and the GS Ball will be announced as in attatinable item. Or we'll just wait to get the games and do some Arceus-Style hacking.

I wonder how Celebi's art will be?

Anyways I would only hope that Celebi remains an event because it's one of those legendaries that are a bit more special than the regular ones such as Latios, Latias, etc. Celebi was a movie event am I correct?

-Leaf

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2010
    To correct some here :

Celebi was unobtainable in G/S. only in crystal, that is in Japanese can catch it. you need 16 badges and talking to oak will give you the GS Ball. now go to elm and he will take the ball for some sort of time (from here i don't really remember how it worked) and after a while he will be outside of his house looking at a tree like a fool. talk to him and get the GS ball back (GS = GoldSilver ball?) go to the shrine and it will ask you to put the GS ball inside, say YES and celebi would appear out of nowhere. lvl 30 celebi time to catch it!

I assume it would be a Wifi event, and instead of the deliveryman you will get it from Oak.

Finnel

Years
  • I have never been a fan of the Legendary Pokémon Events, first because they rarely had the Events over here in Sweden, and second because I haven't got a Wifi connection, yet.

I'd love it if you could get Celebi in-game without the need for a Wifi Event trigger, but I know it'll never happen.

TheAliveTrain

I love *splashes* Magikarps
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2009
    Either Celebi is used to battle or not, it is a rare (if not the rarest, not counting with the god) pokémon..
    So, as HGSS doesn't have like 30 legends, it does have 6 I guess (Dog trio, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Celebi), Celebi may be the event one, as all the others will be avaliable.
    Plus, theres also an event which occurs at the Ilex Shrine with the notched ear pichu so who knows...

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Either Celebi is used to battle or not, it is a rare (if not the rarest, not counting with the god) pokémon..
    So, as HGSS doesn't have like 30 legends, it does have 6 I guess (Dog trio, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Celebi), Celebi may be the event one, as all the others will be avaliable.
    Plus, theres also an event which occurs at the Ilex Shrine with the notched ear pichu so who knows...

I strongly agree with you on that. The dog trio would definitely not be an event, and neither would Lugia and Ho-oh. If I do recall, Celebi was a movie event so who knows what the Celebi would be now.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back