• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Why doesn't anybody like Hoenn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falcon Wing

PokeMafia Member "Weavile"
Years
  • I "liked" Hoenn, but I would honestly rather play silver/gold/crystal than ruby/sapphire. (Not Emerald...Emerald was awesome) Maybe that was because I played ruby/sapphire so much I eventually got tired of it?

Darkfox1525

God in the arts of Darkness
    Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2011
    R/S/E Was cool IMO, yeah, some of the pokemon looked stupid, but lots of other pokemon looked awsome. i don't see any reason Why many people hate it.

.Busou Kihaku.

私は神で取る!
    Years
  • I honestly don't understand the Hoenn hate.
    I mean, compared to Diamond and Pearl, Hoenn's Pokemons where supremely normal.

E4 is a big miss there. Too weak.
    And whoever talked about Shroomish obviously doesn't know the extent of its power when it evolves into Breloom -.-

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2011
    Mehh, I just never got into Hoenn. I actually stopped playing the games by the fifth badge and started playing Crystal again :P.

The starters sucked if you asked me (besides Mudkip ^^) and IDK the only thing I liked about Hoenn was the improved graphics and Poochyena.

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
    Years
  • Since Im a huge fan of water and fire pokes I loved Hoenn , its one of my fave regions, but liked all regions in theire one special way

me2hack

Graphics Artist
    Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2011
    Well at first it was cool, but after that R/S got boring, not much to do.
    But Emerald was better, it had more events and it had the frontier.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Hoenn is my personal favorite region. I love the geography of it, I love the story of it, I love the graphical and gameplay overhaul that came with it, I love the Weaher trio and Teams Aqua/Magma.

Sinnoh is the region I hate the most. >.>

ZestyCactus

From Bulbapedia
    Years
  • Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald is my favourite region, actually. The graphics are so fresh and inviting, the new Pokémon are generally pretty awesome, the Secret Bases were a great addition (sadly I find the Gen IV bases really boring), and RS had the first major overhaul of the PC. I actually liked that the Hoenn games were a fresh start from the previous generations, GSC felt like "Pocket Monsters 2" but RS felt like a whole new game. Also, it never bothered me that you can't move Pokémon from GSC to RSE... I don't get why people get so worked up about it. If you're THAT worried about preserving your 1998 Event Mew or whatever... then send it to Stadium 2 or something. DX

Casey333

~Johto Trainer~
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Jan 10, 2018
    Maybe your someone who likes islands and water and junk but that didnt really fit me. It was an ok region. Just very forgettable with the pokemon. The only good thing IMO that came out of hoenn were babies for Marill and Wobuffet.

Popstar Leafeon

Rose's Protegé
    Years
  • I liked all the regions, actually. For different reasons. Kanto was where I got my start, Johto started me on my liking for battles, my knowledge of Pokemon, and my liking for grass-types, Hoenn introduced weather, and it had more water routes, which other games lacked at the time, Sinnoh introduced the past of the Pokemon world, the possibility of different Pokemon colors due to location, and the day/night system's revival. Looking forward to the next region! ^.^

MrLKK

The ghostly water trainer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2013
    I honestly don't like Hoenn much, emerald is so-so Sapphire kind of bored me, i played Silver, Crystal, Red, and my Yellow non-stop when i got them, Sapphire went on and off

Generation II is my favorite though

ALC_Allstar

Green Day Fan
    Years
  • The second pokemon game that I played was pokemon emerald and I loved it. I thought Hoenn was pretty good. I played crystal before I played emerald.

groudonlover

Mateus readies Hellfire...
    Years
  • I completely loved this region!
    The Battle Tower takes enough time as it is, you had a lot of things to do.
    I caught the entire Dex except the Sapphire Exclusive ones and the Treecko and Mudkip series...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back