• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why is this Slugma underwater?

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Why is this Slugma Underwater?

m12178.jpg

... it's literally an underwater slugma

Welcome to 'Why is this Slugma underwater?' or the pokemon retyping game! In this game, logic, creativity and nonsense are encouraged - all at the same time! Let's get into how this works.

Rules:

1. The first poster will start by naming a pokemon and saying what type they want it retyped to. For example: Pachirisu being changed from an electric type to a poison type!

2. Second poster will then reply above and say how they'd change Pachirisu from electric -> poison. They'll then list a new pokemon and their retype and it'll start all over again!

If that didn't make any sense then here it's presented using genuinely genuine users:

Poster 1: Okay guys, I want Pachirisu to be retyped to poison!

I'm Cooler Than Poster 1 [aka poster 2]: Though Pachirisu was originally a electric type, it was converted into a poison type one day when it was walking along and came across a green-looking acorn! And since squirrels like to eat acorns, it ate the food and gained the acorn's toxic property as a result.

Now can someone retype Kangaskhan from normal to ice?

You can also refer to Squirrel's brilliant explanation that could of ended up as the thread title. ;]

Originally posted by SKYPEEEEE:

"that thread with the game where you explain how pokemon have been re-typed and then suggest a pokemon and new type for it for the next poster V1" - Alex

Remember that you can either present how you retyped a pokemon any way you like. Don't feel like you have to set out your explanation like the example above. But yeah, if you're still confused then feel free to drop me a message since the wording might be a bit weird!

Anyway let's start! I'd like someone to retype Tentacruel from a Water/Poison to Ice/Poison!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
You can also refer to Squirrel's brilliant explanation that could of ended up as the thread title. ;]
I thought I was onto something catchy ok :(

Obviously Tentacruel just got lost in the arctic and froze into a jellycube!

Now why is this Spinda suddenly breathing fire...?

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
So we all know Spinda's quite the fan of alcohol, right? Well one night when it was out with its pub buddies, the Spinda accidentally drank the cooking oil instead of its usual spirits! And see, it didn't end well when Spinda kissed its girlfriend Slugma. Not only was he burned from her lips being hotter than the sun, the oil in him also caught alight! Now he lives a life of firebreathing and alcohol. Fun!

Someone retype Sandshrew to a fairy type!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
The Sandshrew we all know and love unfortunately died for the 50th time and went up to heaven, finding his angel wings and becoming Fairy-type!

Now why is this Rattata shooting lightning bolts at me?

Sirfetch’d

Rattata decided to spend too much time at the Power Plant and became genetically modified trying to pretend he was Pikachu D:

How come this Castform is using psychic powers on me?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Castform tried challenging Sabrina's gym but got jealous of how strong all the Pokémon were and so decided to take a hypnosis class in order to use his mind as a weapon! And yet he's still terrible.

How come that Onix has turned bright blue and is cold as ice?

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Though Shaymin was known as a kind and caring pokemon by many locals, one day it made a grave mistake that would change its typing forever.

Walking through the meadows, Shaymin encountered a pokemon she'd never seen before. From behind, he looked like one of the mystical genies that she'd spotted in the movies. "Hi mister, you're a genie ri-?" Shaymin stopped, mid sentence as the pokemon turned around.

It had a white head with a reddish collar and black body. It floated like a genie but its eyes were soulless. The creature seemed enraged.

"Dark Void."

Shaymin knew no more as it was consumed by darkness. From that day on, it served as Darkrai's faithful minion and fellow dark type.

Say, why is this Nosepass transparent like a ghost?

Years
Revise tried to do some photoshopping and as usually failed so instead of removing Nosepass from the picture he did it...only partly. Boo! Ghost. Is that good? tehee

Can we now finally explain how Gyarados really is a Dragon?

Years
He saw a Chinese Dragon Dance and he was so amazed! He thought "Maybe I should give up trying to be a bird because flying, how hard I try it is impossible... maybe I should just accept that I was a dragon all along..." Now he is dragon dancing all day and all night.

Please I want Stantler to become Psychic

cRaCkZ

Well...
Years
One day Stlanter was Santa's Reindeer , but it was kissed by a Jynx (We know ,Jynxs are Santa's helpers) and gained Psyhic Powers.

I want Gardevoir as a Fighting Type.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years
Gallade and Gardevoir were sparring one day and Gardevoir came to love the style of psychical fighting. Although having low Attack, she might now make it through a non-Special tournament.....

Why is Magicarp seemingly Water/Normal now? :0

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Well see, Magikarp was sick of being bullied around by the other water types at school! He needed a way to impress his classmates so he told them one day that he was a 'fish' a special creature in another world. Exaggerating the coolness of his real lige counterpart, he was then declared a water/normal and the connection between fishes in the real world and water types in the pokeverse.

Why is this Spearow suddenly a fighting type and an expert of karate?

cRaCkZ

Well...
Years
The little Spearow was beat by a Mankey (Kanto,Exit of Mt.Moon) , and it want to Revenge.
He started training at Dojo in Saffron City and became an expert of karate.

How Ralts has been a Dark Type now.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Because he is one! Gengar all originate from Narnia, land of the fairies, where they are given their wings and magic pixie wands before leaving to help defend the Mushroom Kingdom :o

But can someone please explain why this Oddish is made of rock?

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years
Not a surprise, honestly. Did you forget that the Dugtrio in Red Rescue Team was able to both fly and swim? Now how else do you suppose he did that...

Whoa, that Sandshrew just walked right through those walls! Is it dead?

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Oddish is the weed Pokémon. Is it really that weird if it's stoned?

POST OF THE YEAR RIGHT HERE FOLKS

Anyway Sandshrew became a ghost type after his overlord Squirrel converted to a ghost in the DCC thread! Being the faithful servant he was, he was connected both physically and spiritually. Whatever happened to Squirrel happened to Sandshrew.

Why does this Sentret suddenly have gills?

Back