• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why Pikachu???

Years
    • NA
    • Seen Jan 12, 2008
    Pikachus can be strong, I guess. You just have to give it macho brace and concentrate on EVs and give it Proteins and stuff. Also, they can know volt tackle if bred properly. (Volt tackle rules.) But it gets stronger when evolved, and wild ones are pathetic.

Kyaru-san

Mysterious Trainer
    Years
  • ok...it's all stated that Pikachu is overrated to some people, still popular to some people, and The Most Irritated Pokemon I know to majority of all people. I preferred that I dont care for the yellow rat. He's both Cute and Pathetic in my eyes, yea without Pikachu, pokemon wont be the same as we watch. but now look at the New season where new pokemon and region and etc. dont you think pikachu is not the only thing getting overrated actually the show getting overrated because we see the same people except Misty still tryna figure out why the heck they change it to Misty -> May -> Dawn, but cant change Ash into a new Trainer on an Adventure oh sure he can keep changing pokemon but that still nothing I would expected....I am going off topic anyway Pikachu is still popular but now getting too old and well they need to get a new pokemon now that is all...

Years
    • NA
    • Seen Jan 12, 2008
    Pikachu is overrated, if you ask me. Not in the original, though. In the old days, Pikachu was cuter, not as hyped up, and had an actual personality instead of its usual thought, "i like ash i like ash ash is the best trainer ash rocks ash is the best." No, pikachu actually dissed Ash on several occasions, and had its own little quirks. Plus, no "iron tail" and "volt tackle." It was good old thundershock.

Years
  • not every pikachu is pathetic they are really strong IF RAISED PROPERLY!!!if ur pikachus sp.atk is 300 below breed it then train it again ppl dont know how to raise 1 properly

MasterWGS

Impossible=Nothing, Mewtwo=OU
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Ohio
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Well, think of it this way...

If Pikachu wasn't the icon, who else would be? Which other Pokemon has the charisma, yet neutrality to be the flagship Pokemon? Pikachu is cute and funny. It has a unique charm, which most Pokemon lack. Though it's far from one of my favorites, I can't deny that I would be hard pressed to come up with a better Pokemon to run the show.

So I ask you, oh-thread-maker, why NOT Pikachu?

Lumine

Basement Cat
    Years
  • Seriously if Ash was on time the Pokemon icon/mascot would probably be Charmander or Squirtle, then again its only an anime so anything can happen

MasterWGS

Impossible=Nothing, Mewtwo=OU
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Ohio
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Seriously if Ash was on time the Pokemon icon/mascot would probably be Charmander or Squirtle, then again its only an anime so anything can happen

I just watched the first episode a couple days ago. If Ash would have been early enough, his first choice was Squirtle. Then he chose Bulbasuar. Then he chose Charmander. Then Oak gave him Pikachu out of pity.

Back