• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wi-Fi and router-related help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
If it says: A Communication error as occured

Remove all cell phones/mobiles and make sure the microwave isn't on. They scrable siganls. It helped me! :D

Yeah it does say that, however no cell phones are in the vicinity and neither is the microwave.

Its been working fine until this last week, its might just be that my USB has just had enough. Whats strange though is that it lets me on the GTS and trade =S.

So I havent got a clue X[.

Olz.

The Magic Auroa
Years
Hmm, maybe your internet connection isn't strong enough to battle? I don't know for that sure. Sorry :(

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
If you looked at the stuck threads you would have seen the Wi-Fi and router-related help thread, where this should have been posted.

Also,
Just for the note, however, Nintendo USB Wi-Fi Connector help should be asked via Nintendo's technical support.

merged

Dr.Stiles

Word to yer mama >__>
Years
hi everyone uhm....this might sound strange
but i can use nintendo wifi playing pokemon pearl on my ds you know trading battiling...etc
but when i play my other wifi compatible games it wont connect to my wireless router not even pick up the signal
my other wifi games are mario kart ds
and animal crossing wild world

it is really strange but wifi on pokemon pearl works fine

Years
Alright I've been having troubles with my Wifi...

I connected to Wifi on Bleach DS and it worked perfectly fine.

Now on Pokemon Diamond I go downstairs the Pokecenter to battle my friends and they can't see me online, neither can I see them. I've triple checked I give the right FC and that I got theirs right as well.

Can anyone help?

Mr.Roserade

Used to be skeetacular
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 15, 2008
Alright, on at least half my trades i do i get the error code 86420. I checked nintendo site but to no avail..i turn my firewall off but that doesnt really help, but uh maybe its others firewalls??

Years
i dont have a clue on how to connect my ds to wifi
my wii is fine *loves wandering the net on the wii*
but how in the hell do i get my ds online!
my isp is sky and i have a netgear router i dont know what my WEP code is or how to find it
the whole thing is SO enfuriating!
thanks for any help you can give
Gloomy

Years
  • Seen Jun 10, 2009
I dotn have any problems with my WFC and i dont use one of the routers on nintendowifi.com. I have a Westell versalink 327w. although I get an error when i try to connect trough the linksys range expander.

@Gloomymort: you can find out information on your router at 192.168.1.254 or 192.168.123.254. you have to have a wifi enabled game also.

Kakashi xshadowx

Mangekyou Sharingan!!!
Years
Code 86420

Hiya,

I've got a little problem with wifi and it doesn't solve itself:(
Since a few days i got a error code 86420 when i try to trade with someone.
I've traded people in the past over wifi, but now i can't do anything anymore :(

Does anyone has any clues how to fix this problem?

Thnx in advance,
Kakashi xshadowx

WeisseEdelweiss

Executor
Years
  • Age 36
  • PA
  • Seen Feb 22, 2013
Trouble Connecting?

I couldn't find a tech support here or something similar..
but has anyone else been having trouble trying to connect via Nintendo DS wifi?
I can't see my friends or make a connection with them with, at times, error 61010.

Mr.Roserade

Used to be skeetacular
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 15, 2008
Kakashi, i have the same problem, um did anyone install any new firewalls,antispyware, ect.? I can only connect with MAYBE half the people i try to connect with =/

Dr.Stiles

Word to yer mama >__>
Years
Can anyone please help me?
Ive posted here before but I got no response >_>
So I will post again >_<

Ok heres my problem
Its with my wifi on animal crossing wild world and mario kart ds
I am not able to do anything wifi wise on these games T_T
But on pokemon pearl my wifi works perfectly o_O
I keep on getting the (53100) error code when I play acww and mario kart
But pearl works fine

So I know that sounds really strange becuase im using the same wifi connection for all those games
But when I try to connect to wifi on those two games it wont even pick up the signel
And I also play wifi games on my wii and it works perfectly fine
also on my psp
But not on those two ds games

So can anyone please help me? T_T
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks in advance

Years
  • Seen Jun 10, 2009
Can anyone please help me?
Ive posted here before but I got no response >_>
So I will post again >_<

Ok heres my problem
Its with my wifi on animal crossing wild world and mario kart ds
I am not able to do anything wifi wise on these games T_T
But on pokemon pearl my wifi works perfectly o_O
I keep on getting the (53100) error code when I play acww and mario kart
But pearl works fine

So I know that sounds really strange becuase im using the same wifi connection for all those games
But when I try to connect to wifi on those two games it wont even pick up the signel
And I also play wifi games on my wii and it works perfectly fine
also on my psp
But not on those two ds games

So can anyone please help me? T_T
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks in advance

Are you using a router or Wi-Fi Connector

Zowayix

hi
Years
I have a weird problem.
I tried connecting to Nintendo Wi-Fi connection (on the opening menu where it says new game/continue/etc.) and it gave me an error code, so I went to nintendowifi.com and it said that my router model is not compatible with nintendo WFC.
The weird thing is that when I chose "search for an access point", my router shows up with a blue unlocked icon. If it was incompatible, shouldn't it be a gray locked icon?

Does this mean that there is no way whatsoever to connect to Nintendo WFC using my wi-fi router? And why does the router show up as a blue unlocked icon if it is incompatible?

Since my router doesn't work, how can I connect to wi-fi?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 11, 2023
I'm having trouble with my USB WiFi Connector. It's been installed before, and it ran for my Wii perfectly, without problems. It was unplugged and went unused for a while. The computer went virtually unchanged while I didn't use WiFi for a week or so, but it didn't work again. Here's what happened:

• I plugged it back in. The computer popped up with a message as if it did not recognize the device, and the WiFi registration tool was unresponsive when I tried to use it.
  • I re-installed the WiFi USB Connector, using the driver software CD that came with it.
  • WiFi is supposedly installed, but the Registration Tool does not appear anywhere on the computer, and the Nintendo WiFi website doesn't seem to have much info if any on how to fix this.

If it helps, I'm trying to connect it to my Wii (which it HAS been connected to before). I am also using a Vista, and have gotten the download that allows the USB Connector to work with Vista. I think the most likely problem is that I'm saving the Vista download in the wrong place, because when I click "Save", it opens directly to "My Documents", which doesn't seem right.

Please, if anyone knows how to get the Registration Tool to appear, let me know; I'm desperate to get my WiFi working again. *is attacked by boredom*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back