• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wi-Fi and router-related help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerri Shin

  
Years
I'm having trouble with my USB WiFi Connector. It's been installed before, and it ran for my Wii perfectly, without problems. It was unplugged and went unused for a while. The computer went virtually unchanged while I didn't use WiFi for a week or so, but it didn't work again. Here's what happened:

• I plugged it back in. The computer popped up with a message as if it did not recognize the device, and the WiFi registration tool was unresponsive when I tried to use it.
  • I re-installed the WiFi USB Connector, using the driver software CD that came with it.
  • WiFi is supposedly installed, but the Registration Tool does not appear anywhere on the computer, and the Nintendo WiFi website doesn't seem to have much info if any on how to fix this.

If it helps, I'm trying to connect it to my Wii (which it HAS been connected to before). I am also using a Vista, and have gotten the download that allows the USB Connector to work with Vista. I think the most likely problem is that I'm saving the Vista download in the wrong place, because when I click "Save", it opens directly to "My Documents", which doesn't seem right.

Please, if anyone knows how to get the Registration Tool to appear, let me know; I'm desperate to get my WiFi working again. *is attacked by boredom*

well for one thing, the Nintendo WiFi USB Connector shouldn't work with Vista, It was made specifically for XP and was taken off the market before Vista was launched. my advice, If you have access to an XP computer nearby, try installing everything on that and see if that works. If it doesn't then there's probably bigger problems like a possible burn-out (which was why they were taken off the market)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 11, 2023
well for one thing, the Nintendo WiFi USB Connector shouldn't work with Vista, It was made specifically for XP and was taken off the market before Vista was launched. my advice, If you have access to an XP computer nearby, try installing everything on that and see if that works. If it doesn't then there's probably bigger problems like a possible burn-out (which was why they were taken off the market)

Actually, there's software that allows it to work with Vista that you can download from the site (see here: http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/onlineUSBDownload.jsp). And, it's worked on the same Vista before. Same Connector, same computer.

EDIT: Okay. Now that I tried the Vista setup for the USB Connector, it fully loaded, but at the end it says "Internet Sharing Error", and fails to download. Does anyone know what this is about?

5tat3

Emcee/TDA Breeder
Years
question

im not sure if this is the rite place but where can you buy the usb cord so you can plug it into your comp n use the net ???

Kagome

Just here...
Years
  • Age 28
  • TX
  • Seen Feb 17, 2024
ok then i dont know if there selling it anymore cause im looking for it to and no luck and u may find it at wal-marrt,target,circet city and bestbuy but i heard that they stop makeing it in my city but u proble still have a chance to find it

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
Nintendo has stopped production of the Nintendo WiFi USB Adapter, so I doubt you'll find one very easily.

You may be able to find one at Amazon or on eBay.

Motsuko Live

... pronounced Mös.
Years
Wait... wtf? Do you mean those little USB adapters about 3 inches long that, when plugged into the USB port on your computer, enable wi-fi use with the DS and Wii? I just bought one at Wal-Mart. I'd say... 2 weeks ago? Mind you, I live in Canada, so maybe that has something to do with it.

Voltagenic

got djent?
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 15, 2011
Good luck finding one. Nintendo has stopped making them, and they've been pulled from the shelves.

When you find one, go here to download the latest software for it, so it'll keep working.

羨望

のトレーナー
Years
Whats the meaning getting Nintendo Wi-fi USB Connector just use a cheap Wi-Fi USB it will work just as fine as the Nintendo one depending on Gigaherhtz and Wireless,Wi-Fi b,Wi-Fi n,Wi-Fi g .Example a 24.Ghz.This little device will work for you Wii,DS and everything that as Wi-Fi.If you just want one just because is build by Nintendo Good Luck finding one.

Last edited:

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
Years
Wi-Fi Help Please!!

I hope this is the right place for this.
I started having trouble last nite with it, so this morning I tried to log in and at 1st it told me no access in range, then I fiddled withit a bit, and it would show my wi-fi icon popping up that I was logging in but not on my ds screen, so I went in and un-installed it so that I could re-install it, well now it is giving the message when downloading "internet connection sharing error (5)"
I have done nothing different and this problem just started yesterday, any help REALLY appreciated!!

Shyok

Advanced Trainer
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 2, 2008
I hope this is the right place for this.
I started having trouble last nite with it, so this morning I tried to log in and at 1st it told me no access in range, then I fiddled withit a bit, and it would show my wi-fi icon popping up that I was logging in but not on my ds screen, so I went in and un-installed it so that I could re-install it, well now it is giving the message when downloading "internet connection sharing error (5)"
I have done nothing different and this problem just started yesterday, any help REALLY appreciated!!

I've had this happen to me, go to your control panel then go to your network connection settings, go to your connected internet connection and go to Advanced, and enable internet connection sharing, both checks or if that doesnt work go to exceptions on firewall settings and make sure nintendo wifi is on the list.

~*Champion Shirona*~

砞砟砠砠촼촕촂吏
Years
Oh i am sorry to hear this. The above posters reply should really help. Also if the problem persists. When you start D/P go to Wi-Fi settings and try deleting your current saved connection. You can re-set the connestion. I hope that will work.

:16:

Years
yep. and also make sure that everything is inputted correctly, because if one letter isn't CAPS or whatever then that can also screw it up.
you might also wan't to check if the router is blocking any outside connections.

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
Years
Ok I tried what the 2nd poster said and for some reason it tells me that i can't enable the ICS, so I called my tech guy and he says a file has gotten deleted. How can a file just disappear? Anyways to the shop it goes on Monday. Thanks for the help!!

Rogue_Ninja

Pokemon Breeder
Years
  • Age 44
  • NY
  • Seen Jul 13, 2010
Ok I tried what the 2nd poster said and for some reason it tells me that i can't enable the ICS, so I called my tech guy and he says a file has gotten deleted. How can a file just disappear? Anyways to the shop it goes on Monday. Thanks for the help!!

When you did the uninstall did you go into the SoftAP folder and do the DEREMOVE. They recomend doing this at the nintendo help site. If you didnt try that and reinstall.

They are touchy if I close my laptop and it goes to sleep with the wifi dongle in and active then when i wake it up it does not work, i have to restart my laptop.

I still can not get the wifi adapter to work with my desk top. It worked once or twice then never again. But it works great on my laptop.

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
Years
When you did the uninstall did you go into the SoftAP folder and do the DEREMOVE. They recomend doing this at the nintendo help site. If you didnt try that and reinstall.

They are touchy if I close my laptop and it goes to sleep with the wifi dongle in and active then when i wake it up it does not work, i have to restart my laptop.

I still can not get the wifi adapter to work with my desk top. It worked once or twice then never again. But it works great on my laptop.

Yes I did that, you see I just got it back from the shop and cleaned of some viruses, the tech said that one of the viruses may have deleted the file that is needed for the isc to run correctly. Don't know which though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back