• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wi-Fi and router-related help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katnip

Harajuku Lover
Years
  • Is there a way to get Wi-Fi w/out USB?

I have Pearl, and I'm dying to get Wi-Fi connection. I asked my dad to look into a USB connecter, and he told me they cost up to 200 dollars, so it's out of the question. Where is it possible for me to get free Wi-Fi connection?

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • Usually local Libraries have wireless though you may experience slower connection due to the many people using it. You could, If you have Cable or DSL internet, get a regular wireless router and hook that into your hub. that would allow you to access the WiFi functions of your DS and in the future if anyone in you family gets a laptop they can use it for access to the internet.

Zet

Years
  • the Nintendo usb's should only cost around $60, don't know where your dad saw up to $200, though most places in a shopping mall have wireless networks for people to use

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    I think your dad is just lying to you. Call his bluff. Also, there's a thread already for these sorts of questions, so ...

merged

Tac One

OWN new Emld, Sapp and FR & LG
    Years
  • I'm having trouble with my Wi-Fi USB Connector, It will let me connect to the GTS but it will not let me connect to the Trade station in the 3rd floor of the Pokemon Center.

.Vaporeon

eshkient
    Years
  • Ok, I'm usually a total computer geek (own Photoshop and 3d program), but what's an IP address, and how do I connect my DS to it?

Every Computer has one.
    Haha...
    Load up you D/P on your ds.
    Now where it says the options "Continue,New Game,Mystery Gift,Migrate from ____ and then it should say "Nintendo WFC Settings"..
    Press A on that.
    Follow the prompts.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
  • Ok, I'm usually a total computer geek (own Photoshop and 3d program), but what's an IP address, and how do I connect my DS to it?

An IP address is the address given to your computer on the internet.

Of course, you need a Wireless router if you want to get online. Make sure you have one first.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
  • I don't. But if I already have internet, and get a wireless router, does it just take the internet I already have, and then make it wireless?

Pretty much, yes. There are also certain wireless routers that also serve as wired routers- meaning you can connect your regular wired internet through it, and then connect your DS to it wirelessly.

If your home network is set up similarly to mine (a number of computers connected to a single router, and you have your own personal computer), you can buy a small wireless router, connect your PC to it, and connect the new router to your current (wired) router. This way, it doesn't require a large amount of messing with your network, and it gets your DS online (I think).

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    You have to go to the router settings and set it up so the DS is on allowed. You put in the address of the router in your browser… I think it's under the router or somewhere, I'm not really sure where because my brother does that stuff. ._.'

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • WiFi Troubles

Well, I just recently got a PCI card put into my computer. The Internet is of a much better quality, but it seems to have messed up my WiFi.

I have the Nintendo USB Connector, but it is not responding. Usually there would be a little green light flashing on it, but that has stopped. And when I try to connect to WiFi, it asks me to install the Connector that is already installed. :frustrated:

Also note that I happen to have 2 Connectors. The above happened to the first, which led me to start using the second. Now neither are working....

Can anyone provide some assistance on this matter. I'd really like to get back to battling soon....

Last edited:

St. Anger

Banned
    Years
  • THIS IS ANNOYING. My wifi ,when i try to battle/trade someone on wifi, gets a communication error right after it says "---- contacted you" and goes to the communicating...please standby area. I already tried re-setting my connection. HEEELLLLP!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back