• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Wiicked Cool Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
  • Guys my computer has started to randomly crash 1-2 times a day. Do I do the responsible thing and divert my Wii U fund into a new computer fund or do I do the irresponsible thing and buy a Wii U tonight like planned :(
    Hm...here's what I think. Head to "Technology & Internet" forum and tell them what's wrong. It wouldn't be a good idea to just jump into a new one when you can probably fix it for free.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Why don't you do both irresponsible and responsible thing by purchasing a PC and start playing on it?

Because I want a wii u. I've played enough PC games for now, I want a real system and I don't like emulating.

Hm...here's what I think. Head to "Technology & Internet" forum and tell them what's wrong. It wouldn't be a good idea to just jump into a new one when you can probably fix it for free.

Dude, I work in computers haha. I know this isn't fixable without buying a new hard drive. At that point I'm not going to buy more hardware for my years-old laptop, I'm just going to replace it. The issue is hardware related, not software.

Guys this isn't a trick question where I'm looking for someone to cleverly come up with a third option that I haven't considered. ~_~

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Dude, I work in computers haha. I know this isn't fixable without buying a new hard drive. At that point I'm not going to buy more hardware for my years-old laptop, I'm just going to replace it. The issue is hardware related, not software.

Guys this isn't a trick question where I'm looking for someone to cleverly come up with a third option that I haven't considered. ~_~
    Oh. Well. Nevermind that then XD

In that case, I'd go with the computer option. The Wii U will still be there, and its library will grow, as will its functions. But you need a computer for things.

...I mean, you could always do the cheap thing and get a Netbook, but...it's a Netbook.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • I really, really want to build my own PC to play games on. I'm not really sure when that will even be possible, but it's one of my goals by the end of the year, hopefully. I'd rather it happen sooner, but we'll see. :)

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Guys my computer has started to randomly crash 1-2 times a day. Do I do the responsible thing and divert my Wii U fund into a new computer fund or do I do the irresponsible thing and buy a Wii U tonight like planned :(
    If you do the Wii U how long would it be until you could get the computer?

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Why don't you buy a refurbished Wii U for 200, and have the 100 you can save up from the 300 retail price price to buy the harddrive for now?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Why don't you buy a refurbished Wii U for 200, and have the 100 you can save up from the 300 retail price price to buy the harddrive for now?

The price of a Wii U was already the refurbished one, first of all. Second of all, I refuse to buy more parts for this computer. I already mentioned that I am not going to buy more hardware for a laptop that's years old that I was already thinking of replacing.

The reason I pointed out that this isn't a trick question looking for some hidden third option is because I have considered all my options and narrowed it down to those two.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Ahah. I would suggest just buying the Wii U if you don't need the PC other for gaming, cause the browser on it is more then capable for daily use. Its nowhere near the horror of the 3DS.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Ahah. I would suggest just buying the Wii U if you don't need the PC other for gaming, cause the browser on it is more then capable for daily use. Its nowhere near the horror of the 3DS.

I agree, its browser is honestly not that bad. I find it sort of tough when it comes to inputting (but that varies from person to person), but have no trouble when reading and whatnot.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • That's because Origin is garbage. :P

They've been giving away free games for a few months now. Battlefield 3, Dead Space 3, and Peggle all come to mind, so this isn't really unprecedented. I did pick it up even though I haven't played The Sims in forever, and I actually liked 3, but I might go back and play 2 for the nostalgia.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • I really like the IDEA of Origin. I like that there is competition for Steam and that it isn't the only thing on the market. I have never used Origin and know little of it or how it works, but I believe competition creates innovations. So I support the concept and am hopeful that it gives Steam some boosts to advance itself more.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    For some reason Steam feels more garbage-y to me. At least Origin doesn't randomly decide that making everything else unresponsive is a good idea while doing something that causes heavy disk activity, for some reason. (Usually I don't expect lock-ups.)

Also, not crashy.

I keep Origin mostly EA stuff, though. Most other things I have on digital are on Steam. Even then, though, by installed data, the Origin Games folder has more than the SteamApps folder on my PC.

TY

Screw Origin, it's real garbage. It doesn't even work for me anymore. EA can only mess things up :P

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • See, I used to bag on Origin, but I can't. They give away pretty good goodies and have a lot of sales. It's really not that bad of a platform. I prefer Steam, but lately the idea of something being on Origin-only doesn't really sting to me. There's not much downside, either.

But the idea that they would just give away The Sims 2- the Complete Collection no less which, if The Sims 1 was any indication, could have been profitable for a long time (not too mention that this contains Stuff Packs, too, so most fans are likely to get new content of some kind since no one bought all of those) is pretty shocking. And good, because I have fond memories of TS2.

Though I really should try to build a relationship with GOG. DRM-free is probably the best way to go, and this OCD to own games on Steam is somewhat expensive.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • What does everyone think of Nintendo Amiibo?

I'm actually really interested in them for the simple reason of collecting high-quality Nintendo figurines. I've wanted to have some nice Nintendo figures for awhile, so these look awesome. Especially if the price point isn't too bad.

I'm getting the Villager first. :P

Years
  • It does look kind of neat, feels reminiscent of the Pokémon Rumble Blast for Wii U that was released a while back. That sounds fun, if I had a Wii U myself, but it's a neat idea nonetheless.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I don't really care about the Amiibos (which, really, Amiigos would be a better name). I don't know their functional purpose yet.

Maybe they'll be a physical way of selling DLC? I'd be interested a bit in that. Get a free figure from a DLC purchase?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back