• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Will Pokemon End?

What do you think? Also give the Reason.

• It'll be better End in 5th gen.

Votes: 10 7.8%
  • 5th gen isn't the End. There'll be more.

Votes: 91 70.5%
  • We'll see what happen.

Votes: 28 21.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

♥Sweetheart™

爱是永远
    Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2010
    I think when Nintendo finally releases the new handheld console model there will be another game.
    Pokèmon is a trend. Maybe it'll be like denim and last a long time. Or maybe it'll fade away eventually like fluro...
    Good things do come to an end. A lot of us have grown up with it, and like a childhood friend, it's gonna be hard to let go.
    Not for a while though, let's just enjoy it now, enjoy gen V, and see what happens.
    Sorry for my overuse of smilies. LOL :L

Hibaru

Advanced Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    I think when Nintendo finally releases the new handheld console model there will be another game.
    Pokèmon is a trend. Maybe it'll be like denim and last a long time. Or maybe it'll fade away eventually like fluro...
    Good things do come to an end. A lot of us have grown up with it, and like a childhood friend, it's gonna be hard to let go.
    Not for a while though, let's just enjoy it now, enjoy gen V, and see what happens.
    Sorry for my overuse of smilies. LOL :L

You're right. Every good things comes to an end. Pokemon is a trend also one of the Nintendo Main Mascots. I hope/sure Pokemon will not end in 5th Gen.

Years
    Pokémon will probably end for us once we grow out of interest of it. It'll never end since it's making so much money. and with Nintendo's new handheld,the 3DS, they'll consider making exclusive Pokémon games for the 3DS which will make their series grow even larger.

Hibaru

Advanced Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    Pokémon will probably end for us once we grow out of interest of it. It'll never end since it's making so much money. and with Nintendo's new handheld,the 3DS, they'll consider making exclusive Pokémon games for the 3DS which will make their series grow even larger.

You're right. I guess many Fans lose interest of the New one. Most of em says the new Pokemon are weird. But I won't lose interest of it.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Will Pokemon End?

Basic Math Formula... Ok sorry XP

What it means is that as long as Pokemon keeps making money, it'd be horribly stupid to just give it in. If Satoshi Tajiri doesn't have the will to continue being creator then mark my words, someone's gonna ****ing replace him cause that's a lot of Japanese families on the line.

That girl!

Oopsie, my fault.
    Years
    Will Pokemon End?

What it means is that as long as Pokemon keeps making money, it'd be horribly stupid to just give it in. If Satoshi Tajiri doesn't have the will to continue being creator then mark my words, someone's gonna ****ing replace him cause that's a lot of Japanese families on the line.

I definitely agree with the formula. It will never end as long as there is $$$$. Sadly, hat's how the world runs. I also did notice the way Pokemon had changed since Gen I. Sooooo different *sighs*

Hibaru

Advanced Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    It will end but no time soon.

I know, I know.:(

Will Pokemon End?

Hmm...You does have a point with that Formula. I'm thinking like that too, The one you've said about Satoshi Tajiri being replace. But I wonder who's gonna replace him, Hmmm.....Does Satoshi Tajiri has a Children? If he does, I bet either Ken Sugimori or his Child is the one gonna take over Satoshi's position. IF, He had a Child, If not, I guess Sugi-kun gonna take the lead.

I definitely agree with the formula. It will never end as long as there is $$$$. Sadly, hat's how the world runs. I also did notice the way Pokemon had changed since Gen I. Sooooo different *sighs*

You're right. Everyone is thinking like that too. As long as Pokemon make a lot lot lot lot lot lot (Oops, too long) Money, It won't end so quickly. But come on! Why does Tajiri doesn't appear anyway?! Is he gone mad?....No. I guess not. Maybe he's just depress and tired anyway.

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
    *takes deep sigh*

Ladies and gentlemen, we are only holding of the inevitable. Although we feel we must not admit or even utter it, Pokemon in truth is another fad. Another part of media that rolls in and out with the tides of time. Once the Radio was popular. Once Ragtime was popular (though it is one of my favorite genres). And one day when we are all old and wrinkly, we will look back at our fond memories of youth and remember when Pokemon USED to be popular. It happened with Smurfs, Speed Racer, Popeye, Turtles who know Karate. Anything Media Death could clutch it's grubby hands on. Every thing, every thing we do, every conversation, every form of entertainment will eventually become obsolete. Nothing more than a faded greyscale memory that can never truly be relived.

Exhibit A in evidence that Pokemon will one day be sad and barren as if in ruins.

Banjo Kazooie.
    One of the most popular games for the Nintendo 64 console due to it's lovely gameplay and humorous story. Banjo Tooie was my 2nd favorite game at the age of 6 (beaten only by Pokemon). But as we fans were anticipating the third installment promised in the second game's ending, we were beyond shocked at the third version. Once "Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts" was released, all of the fans felt like vomiting. Not only was the gameplay appauling, but the graphics took what was once cartoonish, and turned it all into frightening Psuedo-realistic renderings. The creators might as well have spit in our faces.

And we all know something like this is going to happen to Pokemon. We keep expecting these new ones to be good, but come on. We are honestly all fooling ourselves these are good, when they will never really live to our expectations. Each generation makes our memories crappier and crappier. We know these games are not very good, yet we keep repeating our mantra of "It's not that bad." and in doing so we just set ourselves up for further dissapointment.

I just hope to my heart that Satoshi Tajiri Sensei will please PLEASE make them the way we remember. If these are games about resurrecting his childhood memories, why doesn't he try and ressurect ours? Our memories of strolling down Route 1 or Route 32 with our brand new Pokemon. The Pokemon who we loved unconditionally, even if they were just pixels. Those are the feelings I want to feel in the game. No sleek moder design, no high tech graphic can ever EVER replace that. And I hope other people will agree with me on that. Sorry for ranting. But I had to get that out.

With all regards,

-ChrisTom

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
    Anubis; Mega Man Zero I;5982253 said:
    Everything will soon return to the soil...

Phantom; Mega Man Zero III;5982253 said:
    All legends will soon be forgotten....

Indeed, everything will end. Pokemon is one example, and it will
    end in the future, but not so soon.

Like what Phantom said, Pokemon is an awesome game,
    but still, it WILL be forgotten in the future...

Hibaru

Advanced Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    *takes deep sigh*

Ladies and gentlemen, we are only holding of the inevitable. Although we feel we must not admit or even utter it, Pokemon in truth is another fad. Another part of media that rolls in and out with the tides of time. Once the Radio was popular. Once Ragtime was popular (though it is one of my favorite genres). And One day when we are all old and wrinkly, we will look back at our fond memories of youth and remember when Pokemon USED to be popular.

With all regards,

-ChrisTom

And maybe I'll cry for a bit moments, Seriously. Its kinda hurt...No, Sad, Yeah Sad. Its kinda sad when times flowing, Keep going and going and then remembering the moments back then, I'm usually cry (Doesn't mean I'm a crybaby). Mark my word, Pokemon may become a History.

Indeed, everything will end. Pokemon is one example, and it will
    end in the future, but not so soon.

Like what Phantom said, Pokemon is an awesome game,
    but still, it WILL be forgotten in the future...

It will. Perhaps, either in 15 or 25 Years later. I probably pass away already anyway. Truly, I won't survive. Meaning, I'll not forget Pokemon. It'll always be in my Heart (Don't mean to overdoing it). Lets just hope it'll keep going in 2 or 4 years.

The simple fact of the matter is this; as long as there is a market for all forms of the franchise, they will continue.

Truly. I hope/sure it'll keep going in 2 or 4 years. For more Gen. That's all I can say. I can't do anything to help them stop working. I can only hear and watch what they're doing...

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
    And maybe I'll cry for a bit moments, Seriously. Its kinda hurt...No, Sad, Yeah Sad. Its kinda sad when times flowing, Keep going and going and then remembering the moments back then, I'm usually cry (Doesn't mean I'm a crybaby). Mark my word, Pokemon may become a History.

I agree. I'll probably cry too. Also you cut out a huge chunk of my post... '_'

I think about Ozymandius when I think about this sort of stuff. It was a poem about this guy telling a story about how he travelled through the desert and then saw this large ancient craggy bust of a guy. Next to this head was 2 feet of the same proportion, half buried in sand. The face was worn away but looked rather arrogant. A small worn text on a stone near the head read something like: "I am Ozymandius, King of Kings! I shall be remembered for all eternity for my glorius triumphs!" And now he's nothing but a head in sand.

Same thing will happen to Pokemon, even too us. How many famous people can you name from the past century? The 1800s? The 1400s? 800 BC? Eventually no matter how hard we work in this world, we will all be forgotten like a grain of sand lost in a desert.

I could give several more references to things like this, but then people would start thinking I was spamming.

Geoff_P1

Add me on msn etc if you want.
    Years
    I think there will be more than 5 gens, but I think it will be some years before they kill it off. It's still far too common! But one day it will unfortuanlly come to an end.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Maybe in a few years... I can see it soon... When everyone gets bored of pokemon and GameFreak release the 7th gen and get bankrupt....

THE END :(

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2012
    Are you serious?
    There is a thread about this?

Nintendo loves $$$$$
    Pokemon prints $$$$$
    Therefore, Nintendo loves Pokemon.

Pokemon will never end as long as it keeps making money.

Hibaru

Advanced Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    I agree. I'll probably cry too. Also you cut out a huge chunk of my post... '_'

I think about Ozymandius when I think about this sort of stuff. It was a poem about this guy telling a story about how he travelled through the desert and then saw this large ancient craggy bust of a guy. Next to this head was 2 feet of the same proportion, half buried in sand. The face was worn away but looked rather arrogant. A small worn text on a stone near the head read something like: "I am Ozymandius, King of Kings! I shall be remembered for all eternity for my glorius triumphs!" And now he's nothing but a head in sand.

Same thing will happen to Pokemon, even too us. How many famous people can you name from the past century? The 1800s? The 1400s? 800 BC? Eventually no matter how hard we work in this world, we will all be forgotten like a grain of sand lost in a desert.

I could give several more references to things like this, but then people would start thinking I was spamming.

The words I've mark. I love that part. Yeah, you're right, We WILL be forgotten. Perhaps, in 100-123 Years later. I don't even know much about how many heroes from my country either. Its kinda bored and suck to remember/mention about people from the past to me. To me, its just sooo not the color of life. I think we're just have to focus on the now time, I think. That's for you too Satoshi Tajiri! You better take responsibility to your own game before it get sucks and be forgotten!

The pokemon are getting terrible i hope they end after 5th gen.

Hahaha! Funny. Listen kiddo! Its not really easy to begin a game to be popular. And once it got popular, Its hard to end it too! Why? Money is the reason why its so hard to end it. Money isn't everything, But everything needs money.

Maybe in a few years... I can see it soon... When everyone gets bored of pokemon and GameFreak release the 7th gen and get bankrupt....

THE END :(

Woa woa buddy. Don't get down feeling like that. Always remember where there's a bad situation, There's always a way to make it better and keep balancing again. Keep up the FIRE will ya!

Are you serious?
    There is a thread about this?

Nintendo loves $$$$$
    Pokemon prints $$$$$
    Therefore, Nintendo loves Pokemon.

Pokemon will never end as long as it keeps making money.

I loves $$$$
    Naruto loves $$$$
    Satoshi loves $$$$
    We loves $$$$

SOH CAH TOA. I heard that a Million times buddy. Make a lot lot lot of money doesn't mean they don't have to stop either. Stop working is a random come. They're not up to money, They're up to their thoughts. Think, Pokemon is famous meaning it needs a hardworking to keep it up. When they're getting tired, They don't care about the money. They care about many things rather than Money. like, Family, Health, and etc. Pokemon is come from many years back. And most of the old workers are getting older and older. You know what I mean already. But I still hope for like 2 gen (If they can keep up).

As much as I would love for 5th gen to end it all, it won't be the end. There are people out there who like 5th gen. And then there's those that hate it.

One day, however, Game Freak will stop coming up with ideas. And that'll be the end of Pokemon.

Good job! Keep your FIRE goes up in your heart and don't stop believing buddy!

NocturnalNinja

The Dope on Hiatus
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2010
    I think Pokemon would continue but end at some point. If the games ended they would most likely end the anime but if the anime ended I think they'd still continue the games.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back