• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Will u choose a different starter in platinum than the one u used in d/p?

RLan69

Pokemon Junkie Extraordinaire
Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2010
    I picked Chimchar in Pearl, I'm gonna pick Turtwig in Platinum. If I get Diamond (unlikely), I'll pick Piplup there.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
  • I might choose Naetel just so Yuuki has Hikozaru x3 (come on, Hikozaruu is the perfect match for that crazy guy x3)

But I won't acctually use Naetel. I'll trade it for an egg of... either Achamo, Hikozaruu, Pochama, Hitokage, Kamigame, Kimori, Chikorita, or Hinoarashii.

I dunno...

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    i might start with turtwig,ditch,budew and starly,ditch budew and continue the game normaly and get my pokemon
    so it's kinda yes and no

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
  • I'm staying with Piplup. I dont like the other starters. It'll be easy for me anyways, time to trade in my Lv. 100 Typlosion.

Halcyon

peace and serenity
    Years
  • In Diamond, I chose Piplup.
    In Plantinium, when it has released the English version, I think I am gonna have a change and have to chose Turtwig. =p

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • i dunno probably chimchar again. I always start of with fire pokemon for some reason

41victory

>.> Nobody saw anything <.<
    Years
  • No way. I've played through most of diamond with piplup, then restarted it and chose chimchar and i didnt like him much either.
    Im sticking with my turtwig! :P
    Hes great..... But anything in-game is great

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 23, 2022
    Depends on if I ever find my pearl game or not, but considering I just realized it was lost today (even if I have looked EVERYWHERE for it), I'm still optimistic. Either way, I'm probably gonna pick Piplup, who I did pick in pearl, however, if I find pearl I'm gonna actually trade it away for an egg containing another pokémon that I feel fits as a good "starter" and go through the game as if I had picked this new pokémon at the beginning (which, really, actually matters to me, as they always stay in my party from that point on)
    I haven't decided which pokémon I'm gonna use yet, I'll probably make a bunch of different eggs from ones I like, and pick one randomly.

Years
  • I started with Piplup, and I may stay with Piplup or get Chimchar or Turtwig. I'll probably stay with Piplup though. Never really like Chimchar and Turtwig much. Infernape's cry is too annoying to me. >.<

Years
  • When I first got Pearl imported from Japan, I went with Piplup. When it arrived in the States, I knew I was getting the Manaphy egg from Pokemon Ranger on the same day, so I went with Chimchar instead.

When my copy of Platinum arrives, I'll probably have went with Turtwig for a change. Except I already have a Shaymin to transfer over, so I'll probably go with my beloved Piplup again.

Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2009
    Well, in Diamond I chose piplup, but he wasent that good so in Platinum im gonna go with Turtwig.

LONG LIVE THE MIGHTY TURTWIG!!!

Confuse

the points never matter
    Years
  • Chimchar was a great choice for myself in Diamond, but I've never started with a grass before. Other than Diamond, I always chose the water.

Turtwig seems good. But that's if I'm able to get the game, and if I really want it.

Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2014
    Unless there is a different Fire type before the Elite four besides Ponyta, Chimchar is mine.

Yoshiko75

Shadow of the Night
    Years
  • I chose Turtwig in my Diamond version, but I'm planning on picking Piplup in Platinum. Normally, I try to have completely different Pokemon on my teams between versions.

chanchimi

With a Side of Cheddar
    Years
  • I picked Chimchar in my pearl(Japanese) and English version, and I picked Chimchar for my Platinum version. I don't know why, but I used to hate chimchar, now it's one of my favorite pokemon.

Zebra Thunderhead

the avenger
    Years
  • Yes. Turtwig sucked. I hated having him in my party. I've always been partial to fire starters (I've used Charmander as long as I can remember) and I think I'll continue that trend in Platinum. Grass sucks.

.Ozymandias

Child of Time
    Years
  • In Diamond I started with Piplup (both times I started), but I usually start with a Grass type in the beginning. I think, though, for a change, when Platinum (eventually) comes to the UK, I'll start with Turtwig to force me to rethink my team - I get kinda set in my 'formula' and sometimes have to shake things up to get out of it.

Years
  • I started with Piplup on my Pearl game, and loved it, but I'm thinking of picking something different if I do end up getting Platinum. Chimchar would get through the gyms easily, but I've picked the fire starters in all the past games. I'll have to decide whether to get the game and give it some thought then.

the bitter end.

.only slightly insane
    Years
  • Maybe, if anything it's between Piplup or Turtwig, they're my faves! =D any who, I'm leaning toward Piplup this time 'cause I got Turtwig for Diamond

kay3o

B)
    Years
  • I'm going with Turtwig this time around.
    Last time I had Piplup <3 it.

Anyway I'm not really that sure until the time comes where I pick which one

Back