• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Will you get Platinum?

Aurafire

provider of cake
Years
  • I will most certainly get Platinum when it comes out. I'm looking forward to all the changes they're making for competitive battling. Plus, recording battles will be quite awesome =D

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Another reason why I'm getting it is because they actually allowed the three Regis and the three bird pokemon from Gen 1 to be in the game as well...so that is another major plus!!!

Years
  • Already have it in Japanese. :P I only have knowledge of minimal Katakana though, so there's not much of it that I can understand. I doubt I'll get the English version, though. I have friends that will, and all the perks of Platinum (Regis, Bird Trio, Move Tutors, etc.) are available in the Japanese version already. I'm set. :)

ax3llvsu

xxx
    Years
  • I already imported the Japanese version... but I'll get the English one for translation reasons and keep playing the Japanese version primarily.

Because I don't understand all the menus of GTS and the email, BT, wifi lobby and such.

I just love Japanese so much more.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Yes, it's more or less the exact same game as absolutly every other Pokemon game before it with just a few tweaks. But I'm still gonna get it. Haha. It'll be the first time I've bought 2 games from the same generation.

bluesonic1

I like this place <3
    Years
  • I will get Platinum and transfer ALLL my pokemon to Platinum heheh im a cheater! What about YOU?

I really want to get Platinum (who doesn't?!). Lol I'm also a bit of a cheater, I hack for funz. Sometimes I hack myself pokemon to use but I keep their stats legible i.e. They're just as powerful as wild ones. I only hack pokemon cuz I'm too lazy to EV them to lvl 100 :P But I keep them myself, never trade them to others for obvious reasons.
    But having Platinum would be so awesome, I really hope it comes out soon for me!

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I'm getting Platinum, but I'll probably use Diamond to help me store all of my shinys/ev'd/rare pokemon

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Theres always a third edition to each generation and their always better than the previous ones of the same generation. I've gotten Yellow, Crystal, and Emerald, so I want to keep this tradition alive.

So yes, I plan on getting Pokemon Platinum.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I will get it, but I think I might have a different WiFI team than the one in my Diamond game tbh.....I want to have as much fun as I've had thruogh all the other pokemon games...

Cacttus

Sigh
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2016
    I'm not getting it, I like my Diamond and my brother will probably end up getting so I'll just use his for move tutors.

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2009
    I will get it when the end of the world kills me. I think there will be know point getting it.

DarknessSneasel

Master of Dark
    Years
  • I'll be getting it. It;ll be easier to get a garchomp in the team because you don't need strength and the fact that some national dex pok'emon are in the sinnoh dex

minixfact

Giratina all the way
    Years
    • CA
    • Seen Dec 3, 2009
    on march 22nd i will be playing playin pokemon platinum

nvm i cant find my ds

Last edited:

MadnugA01x

Random Trainer from Johto
    Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2016
    I'm only going to get the English version for translation purposes, event pruposes, and traditional purposes.

Team Galactic battles are way more epic and prettier now =D

Schala_25

Denizen of the Darkness
    Years
  • Yeah, I'll get it. It has plenty of new features, and I could always use another game. More space for collecting and breeding is always nice.

Capt. Couch

Wake me... When you need me...
    Years
  • I'll definitely get Platinum when it comes out in the US. I'm driving down to GameStop tomorrow to pre-order it.

I probably won't transfer anything though. Sometimes it's nice to start fresh.

Back