• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Will you make a new team for Kanto?

?Making a new team?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I don't think this has been asked before in a thread....

After defeating the Elite 4 and Lance, will you make an entirely new team, carry over your Johto team, or just keep one of two pokemon with you??

Me personally, i'm getting an EV trained Shiny Ambipom at lv.45 (as far as i can tell the first trainers i encounter are lv.50???), and my Shiny Sneasel (levelled up to lv.45 through daycare and rare candies on Platinum), and i'll start with them and get new pokemon, i.e. if i use Lapras in Johto, i'll get my Poliwrath/Politoed for Kanto.

Lt_Nite

GnR for life!
    Years
  • Interesting I honestly never thought about it. Personally I'll just carry over most of my Johto team to Kanto, maybe switch s few pokemon but nothing too drastic.

Doogle3097

Hola.
    Years
  • Yeah, I'm going to have an entirely new team. Since my current team for Johto are 3 Hoenn Pokémon & 3 Johto Pokémon, for Kanto I will have 3 from Sinnoh & 3 from Kanto.

Person Number 3

Unrecognized as of now.
    Years
  • No, I'm not changing. I may make small changes, I guess, but I'll likely keep my Johto starter and two Pokemon from the beginning in Johto (advanced to level number AWESOME) as my main ingame team. Just like how the only team I use for battling in Platinum is Infernape, Luxray, and Vaporeon. two other slots are HM Slaves, and the final one is the Pokemon I'm currently working to evolve via Exp. Share for my Pokedex.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Going through Kanto, I may be subjected to altering my team. I never did it in the original Gold and Silver, so just to make my experience of the game more enjoying, I'll take the effort into doing something different unlike before. It isn't until after I complete the game (after Red), will I actually take the extra effort to work on a competitive Wi-Fi team and also work something new for the Pokéathlon.

Through Kanto though, I may just switch around a couple of my Pokémon, but I'll do so without trading as I'm giving myself a fresh start through the game's story line. I don't have anything planned, so it's unsure, but we'll see what happens I guess.

Newbie 2.0

The New Type of Noob
    Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2011
    It'll be hard to start fresh in Kanto, because the gym leaders and trainers are going to be at a much higher level, so you're going to need higher level Pokemon.

So no!

Camisado

a therapeutic chain of events
    Years
  • I'm probably going to keep my Johto team, because I get far too attached...and they'll have taken me ages to train and will have got me through the Elite Four, so...seems a shame to change. xD

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Maybe I'll switch one of my members for a pokemon only available in Kanto, but otherwise no.

Years
  • Sort of. I will probably drop 2 of my Pokemon for new ones at most. Since the National Dex is obtained after beating the Elite 4, I would use the opportunity to add Pokemon from the newer generations.

Nikorasu

Shut down the devil sound
    Years
  • Never really thought about it really... I'm probalyl just going to alter my team while going through kanto i guess.

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    Never really thought about it, but I don't think I'll create an entirely new team for Kanto.

The most I would do is catch the other mascot or any other available legendary for Red, but that's about it.

Chary

Yeah-Hah!
    Years
  • I may change my team...,but only just one or two. It all depends on if they turn out being a pain to raise (I am using Tyranatar and Salamence=High level evos)

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I doubt I'll change my team in Kanto. If I change my team at some point, it probably won't be until after I beat Kanto, anyway. Then again, I don't always use a full team when playing through the game (often, I have few Pokemon that I always keep with me and then some rotating spots), so I'll probably add Pokemon to the "rotation" without changing the main members of my team.

DeathOfBlades

AYE SIR!
    Years
  • I don't think this has been asked before in a thread....

After defeating the Elite 4 and Lance, will you make an entirely new team, carry over your Johto team, or just keep one of two pokemon with you??

Me personally, i'm getting an EV trained Shiny Ambipom at lv.45 (as far as i can tell the first trainers i encounter are lv.50???), and my Shiny Sneasel (levelled up to lv.45 through daycare and rare candies on Platinum), and i'll start with them and get new pokemon, i.e. if i use Lapras in Johto, i'll get my Poliwrath/Politoed for Kanto.

No too much work. Plus the Kanto Gym leaders do not start at lvl. 5 over again. They continue and grow from what you finished at in Johto. So getting that Nidoran and pidgey from lvl. 2-3 all the way to lvl. 48-60? Ha! No..

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back