• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Will you play this game fast or slow ?

Newbie 2.0

The New Type of Noob
Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2011
    I am most definately going to play this game slow. When D/P first came out, I zipped right through the game, and then I threw a fit about how much the games sucked. G/S/C were the first games I ever played. I was about ten and it took me over a month just to go through the johto portion of the game. And I loved those games to death. So I'm going to try to take this game as slow as possible.

Might have taken you a month cuz they were your first Pokemon games and because you were young.

I always intend to take it slow, but I don't know why I end up going pretty fast sometimes...>.> I mean I do save some sidequests for after I'm done with the main adventure, but I still go slow and will end up beating the Elite Four in a week like in Pearl. Hmm, guess I gotta rethink how I play.

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2012
    Slowly, I played through Platinum so slowly though, that I had over a hundred hours before I beat the post-story plot... But my team was waay over-leveled, I'll go for raising a variaty of Pokemon this time instead of ludicrously over-leveling my team.

Karel_Kazuki

Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp
    Years
  • I will go through it slowly,yet zoom at the same time.It will be the only thing i wil do.My Second playthru, I beat the E4 on Silver in 2 Days and the whole game in a week ,While exploring more details.Crystal was the only game i never actually beat because I lost it and found it when the Battery and save died so i cant play thru it anymore. It may take me 2 weeks to beat because of the added features...or a month because of the extra pokemon.

Newbie 2.0

The New Type of Noob
    Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2011
    I mean this game has got to be one of the best games for replay value. Even after I had beaten the main game in Pearl (in a week) I did not stop playing the game until a little more than a month later. I clocked in 100+ hours. It is awesome! So even if you beat the main storyline fast, you're not half done at all.

MizuJosh

Graceful Water Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2010
    Well, all I'd do is play the game. But I'd go through fast and then collect my main team and EV train (I'm sending over eggs from Diamond that I've already prepared).

BlaqJester

Guru
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2013
    i want the credits to roll in under 24hrs of pay time in my game wit no strat guide

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
  • I'll try to beat it as quickly as I can, but I'm actually very slow at playing when it comes to Pokemon games. I also procrastinate way too much for my own good. Honestly, it will probably take me a good six or more months to beat the game and then probably another six or so to finish all the things I missed the first time round. xD

walkthrough'er

Heart Gold Player
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 18, 2013
    Well i beat diamond in 3 days xD i got it three days befor it came out so its like i did it in a day xD.

Im going to be making a walkthrough of it, so il be taking it slowish, noting down attacks of the elite four and taking other notes of important things ^_^

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Being my first play through the game since GSC, I'll take a moderate amount of time to complete the game. Not too long as I'd like to complete it and move along with other plans in the game, but not too fast where I felt I just rushed through and want to start all over again. I've done this so many times with Ruby and Diamond, that I was never honestly satisfied. So, to still keep the enjoyment of it all, I'll take my time in which I could finish the entire game (up to Red) at least by two or three weeks.

Plus, I'll have both versions, so if I ever feel the need to start over, I'll just trade over what I wish to keep and join in on the fun once more. ^^;

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    I'll take it pretty easy. No avoiding trainers, less running from battles than I usually do. Scenic route and all that.

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
  • I will play as slowly as i possibly can! I want to enjoy every second of it! I played the original silver a long time ago, so i can't remember how the towns link together (So tha'll be fun to find out :D)

Years
  • Probably super fast because of the six month buildup prior to its release. That, and I'm already making team preparations to make things a little easier/faster, so yeah. Plus, there will be people (you can bet on it) who will post by 8pm on the 14th saying that they're already in Kanto, and I'll feel the need to compete.

Pokegirl98

Just an Average Fangirl
    Years
  • It depends. I never really mean to zoom through a game, but if I enjoy it, I'll play it a lot and it will be done fast. So, if it's as fun as I hope it'll be, then, yes, I'll be going fast.

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    I'm gonna have fun and take it nice and
    Will you play this game fast or slow ?

MegaSlowBro.

泣かないで。
    Years
  • I'm probably going to take it slow ^_^ It's been a long time since I've played Silver (I lost it T_T shame, shame...) and I am currently leveling up my pokemon in Crystal to beat the game =p I usually go slow in pokemon games anyways, but I really want to see how much it's changed =]

Years
  • I'm going to play through it nice and slow, since Johto is my favorite region, and with the new features, I don't want to miss a thing.

Back