• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Will you play this game fast or slow ?

Lo~li~Pop

◕‿‿◕ Happy Smiles! ◕‿‿◕
    Years
    I will go through it slowly, because I want to savor the feel of HeartGold. I mean there is a lot of things to do in it. *nods*

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    I will go through it very slowly. I only recently bought Platinum, and even though I've finished the main story, theres still heaps for me to do, like take down that hax of a battle tower :P But also because my sister is getting SoulSilver, but that might not be for a while, and I want to play through together.

Panique

BUGSY IS GAY FOR METAPOD
    Years
    Slowly. :)

I'm getting the guidebook with my game and I plan to follow the walkthrough to find all the hidden items and everything, so I want to experience everything in the game properly. No skipping ahead as fast as I can for me.

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
    Years
    I'll take forever, it's been ages since I played in the jhoto region. I'll be exploring and taking my time in each town. First time 'round anyway

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2010
    Very very very slowly... leveling my Pokemon up all equally ad not progressing to the next town/area until they're all at my desired, high, level!

tangvor

Pokemon FTW
    Years
    I will probably take it somewhere in the middle
    Mainly because I grind exp a lot.
    I like always having 10 levels higher than the gym leader, elite four, or red when I go battle them so it's smooth sailing.
    So I guess it's more of a slow-moderate speed for me :]

Shiny Shaymin

I laugh at your misfortune.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 22, 2015
    I'll probably go right through Johto, but take my time in Kanto or vise-versa.

Deoxys55

Deoxys Collector
    Years
    I'm definitely taking it sloooow. I've beaten all my other games, so I really want to savor this one. My GBA games I haven't played in forever, and with Pearl I went through kind of quickly because I wanted to get to all the new-fangled Wi-Fi stuff, but with this game a lot of the new features are available before the Elite Four. So it'll be slow-going for me. :D

Years
    I will probably as always rush through the game, the decide to play it all over again with a different starter & team and then probably just go really slowly trying to collect every item etc

Sudeki

Can you feel it?
    Years
    On my first run throughs on pokemon games, I like to take it nice and slow to take it all in, I will especially do it on this game, considering its so beautiful xD(And g/s/c) was pretty much my favorite generation, Going to love playing through Johto and Kanto all over again :).

Code

Stealcase
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Apr 23, 2021
    I'm gonna play it so slow peeps are gonna ask me if I gave up and stopped playing, cause I didn't even get the togepi egg after 3 months. XD

TheBigMan0706

Monster hunting Snivy
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2016
    is just getting a good team for all the gym leaders and elite four count as playing HeartGold Fast?

Midnight Jog

Poké-Baller!
    Years
    I'm most definitely going to savor every moment, since I've been waiting for Soul Silver my whole life! Lolz. But, once I get my team finished for starting out, I'm goign slow and steady. Catching every Pokemon and EV training my team. I'm working on catching all of the Unowns, also. Who agrees that "!" & "?" are completely unnecessary? Oh well!

I'm gonna play it so slow peeps are gonna ask me if I gave up and stopped playing, cause I didn't even get the togepi egg after 3 months. XD

I love Wigglytuff! <3 It's so freaking cute and badass.

Last edited:

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
    Same here. I will play it slowly, unlike D/P. Then again, I wont do anything else than play it, so I may accidentaly zoom through it.:P

lol exactly the same here but I wanna enjoy it as much as I can (when I get it)
    Can't wait!!

Years
    I've been attempting taking my time, but the plot falls nicely together and because it's been so long since i've played Gold, i'm getting really into it and moving rather quickly. xDD

Logged 9 hours and I'm on badge 5, need to slow it down. Haha

Back